5.1 Thought we could solo old content now?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
12/05/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Kapono

Agreed.

Raids aren't really intended to be solo content, and personally I don't think they should ever be changed simply for the purpose of making them solo content, no matter how old they get.

Part of the challenge, part of the fun, is seeing how one lone character can address a challenge originally intended for 10/25/40 people.

Wanting raid content changed to something intended to be soloed, actually defeats the point.

It's not a challenge if something is undoable solo because of a mechanic. It just can't be done. Like the first boss in Sunwell.

Im ok with this. I had a lot of fun soloing raids in cata for the very fact that it was challenging and even at times, impossible.

Also there is no pet dropping from any boss in SWP. And you can skip the first boss anyway. In case you really need something that drops from it, then you only need two players to down him.

Vehicle encounters suck !@#, so here is the way you do the last bit:

Hit 3 repeatedly as soon as you land on the drake to stack your heal to five.

Target him as soon as you're able. As soon as you do, stop hitting 3.

Do this: 1, 1, 2, 3

Don't do anything else except move when he drops the lightning cloud on you. Ignore his other attacks. Just do 1, 1, 2, 3.

The hold up (which may make you twitchy) is the 2. Be patient. 1... 1... 2... 3.

1 1 2 3

Loot the chest and good luck on the drake. Side note: Both drakes drop on 10 man.

It's funny when people say vehicle fights suck !@#, yet it's no different than doing Heigan's dance, or Hodir's icicles + his biting chill, or keristrazsa's chill, or garfrost's chill, or any other mechanic that punishes stupidity and lack of strategy a bit more greatly than your standard damage or heal.
12/04/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Brennvin
Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.

Boo.
I don't think one can sell these pets.

This is exactly how I did it. ^^^^^

Very easy and not complicated at all. It's about speed ... break those eggs as fast as possible.
Sometimes I wish I could use someone else's account to prove a point. *sigh*

Tell that to the dead boss from adds and eggs that go boom then. maybe if the MC didn't where off or razor getting dps down in 30 seconds and it might be doable.

and that why i've tried doing for the last week it goes fine till the 2nd MC then the adds all go to him and he's dead with about 3 eggs left.

I could take your toon, go into BWL and solo Razorgore on my first try. I'm sorry you can't do it, but I can assure you, it has been done by many, MANY other people.

Hell, I did it last night on my Lock without a single issue.

Try ... harder.
12/05/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Babelon

They can be put into cages and AHed.
12/05/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Manaaddicted

They can be put into cages and AHed.

I must have right clicked a different pet then.. Must of been clocker.
Many of us have gone about trying to solo old raid content before and after the new addition of non combat pets i love it . Many of those bosses are tougher than people think require a plan of attack and great execution . It is Brawlers Guild before Brawlers Guild existed at times . I do like some of those cookies out there that require a friend to be brought along bosses that gate other bosses can be a bummer.I do wish there were more cookies out there, they don't all have to be non combat pets but i love the new bag of cookies and hope there are more to come.
I understand the desire to not make every boss soloable by every class, that's understandable, but I was wondering, if a Blue happens to read this question, what's the developer's stance on allowing people in the future to skip the Conclave of Wind fight in Throne of the Four Winds? I know a lot of people would like to go back and solo Al'Akir every week for a chance at his mount, and he is soloable these days, but you're basically mandated to bring at least 3 people in order to down Conclave. Would it be asking to much to give us the option of jumping straight to Al'Akir's platform from the beginning platform, letting us thereby skip the Conclave encounter if we so choose?
12/04/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Brennvin
Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.

Would Blizzard consider fixing more bosses that are mechanically impossible or near-impossible to solo? Even if said bosses do not have a pet or other reward for downing them?

And I understand the distinction between "magnanimously difficult" mechanics and "impossible" mechanics. For example, Rage Winterchill's Death and Decay + Frost Tomb is almost certain death, but I wouldn't wish for this mechanic to be nerfed.

Perhaps we should compile a list of remaining bosses that are still impossible, or require exploitative strategies to defeat.
Kalecgos, Thorim, for starters.
So I've been browsing through the posts reading up on what's been changed, tips, and such.. and I haven't really seen many posts by rogues..
Of course I choose to make my main character the one whose class is at the bottom of the noxxic DPS chart.. lol
I havent tried solo'ing any of these updated bosses yet, but I certainly plan on trying.
I see it's easy for paladins, DKs, warriors, hunters, and warlocks; but priests and mages have a bit of difficulty. Haven't seen much on shamans and rogues, so I was wondering if any rogues have tried these yet and could give some tips on BT in particular?
If you have any good strategies, I'd love to hear 'em.
Or perhaps it's just not possible for this class.
Funny I can solo Mags and Gruul at this lv. But I cant DPS the Twins yet.
Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy running up against a brick wall repeatedly, getting incredibly frustrated, thinking that something might be impossible to do, re-thinking my strategy, reading every comment on it on wowhead, and trying over and over until I finally beat it. It's incredibly satisfying. Take that away and I'm not sure I'd want to play any more. If it isn't hard, it isn't any fun.
I'm not sure why they allowed this achievement from trading pets, but it's very nice.
lololol wow some of you are just awful
Just something I'm not sure if anyone has noted: Illidan still spawns his little one-shot ghosties. And they still one-shot.
12/01/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Pryde
They are soloable, but you have to know how and be "good" enough to do it.

It has very little to do with being good enough and a lot to do with class and items. In order to shatter Vis I had to use my shadowfiend, melee hit him, and use my Terracota Warrior trinket off a rare spawn from the xpac. That's not skill.
I went into Kara for the heck of it today and was no longer able to jump out of the King so that I can move a pawn and end up dieing to the cheat. Has anybody else come across this?
01/24/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Lovax
I went into Kara for the heck of it today and was no longer able to jump out of the King so that I can move a pawn and end up dieing to the cheat. Has anybody else come across this?

I hate this so much. Start the fight, drop the King, Medivh cheats 2 seconds into the game.

/tableflip
/chairkick

...Aw Brennvin is still here. : ' (