5.1 Thought we could solo old content now?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
So now its mechanically possible for one person to solo them but you didn't make them soloable. Great, GREAT work guys. FYI You failed at doing that as well. Because mechanics still win VS classes without frost dmg.

So tired of your fails Blizz.

12/04/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Hazekiller
We believe there was a lot of confusion when we originally announced this change and we're certainly at fault for said confusion. The original patch note was very vague to the point of being misleading. It was never our intent to weaken old raid boss encounters to allow anyone to have a chance to solo them, regardless of class, spec, or skill.

learn to read, dude..

what is being said is it wasn't the intent to dumb them down to the point of pew-pew. it means that they don't want to make it to the point of not being much fun anymore.

Ironically, as a Hunter.. you of all people have one of the easiest times soloing content, pet tank, range, more mechanic-defeating skills than virtually any class.. and yet, instead of learning your character, you QQ to Blizz... and that somehow makes you "right" in your own mind.

Hate to tell ya.. but you should REALLY learn your class "Because mechanics still win VS classes without frost dmg." - ever hear of enchants? Better yet.. you're a HUNTER!! Does the word CHIMERA hold any meaning for ya? Seriously.. instead of QQing because YOU can't do something, do some research on your class and figure out how not to stick your foot in your mouth.

Better yet.. go /google all the Hunters that have soloed content BEFORE it was nerfed and see just how bad you really are while watching a lvl 70/80/85 hunter solo (at the time) CURRENT CONTENT!!!

And to the OP, learn to read.. NOWHERE in the patch did they say "we made this stupidly easy to the point a half-retarded squirrel could do it" Have a BIT of sense and realize that you're trying to SOLO what used to be 10/25/40 man content that had fight mechanics, learn the mechanics, and figure out how to avoid them instead of just making a QQ post because you THOUGHT it meant something it didn't.

seriously, people.. you're on the internet already to play the game.. how hard is it to look these things up?

and the next time ya complain about how much they've "dumbed things down" .. realize that YOU are the type of person that they did it for.
Really disappointed in this thread. People are still saying blah blah we can't do this and that... it's been explained several times how to do these bosses. Heck my post took me like 10 minutes to write on page 6 and I thought it was pretty easy to understand. Just read the thread people.

Not true! I just did it 2 days ago. Kill the 3 adds on the platform, MC him, kill closest eggs to platform, working your way away... when MC wears off, aoe down adds on you, MC again, kill more eggs, rinse, repeat. It might take more than one try, but it's far from impossible.

This is exactly how I did it. ^^^^^

Very easy and not complicated at all. It's about speed ... break those eggs as fast as possible.
Sometimes I wish I could use someone else's account to prove a point. *sigh*

Tell that to the dead boss from adds and eggs that go boom then. maybe if the MC didn't where off or razor getting dps down in 30 seconds and it might be doable.

and that why i've tried doing for the last week it goes fine till the 2nd MC then the adds all go to him and he's dead with about 3 eggs left.
12/04/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Anan
Really disappointed in this thread. People are still saying blah blah we can't do this and that... it's been explained several times how to do these bosses. Heck my post took me like 10 minutes to write on page 6 and I thought it was pretty easy to understand. Just read the thread people.

I know right? I could tell anyone how we solo or 2 man bosses. We do many raids every week for mounts, transmog, pets, and achievements. We enjoy the challenge, especially my boyfriend. He probably wiped on Sunstrider so many times before he got it down... and ashes dropped for mr I dont care about mounts I like to look pretty... but now he is cursed to solo TK for me every week MWAHAHAHAHAHA (I die on phase 3 and he proceeds to finish the boss)
12/04/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Rayo
what about patchwerk that's kinda not soloable for most non plate classes and seeing how you PUT A PET in that wing how are we to get one pay a plate class 50K?

you could also bring a friend capable of healing you. I healed a clothie while he tanked/dpsed Patchwerk.
I agree though that he hits too hard to be easily soloed to get to gluth for the pet.
12/01/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Carnage
You're dense. Learning fight mechanics implie they were mechanics back in the day.

you were referring to a "mechanic" that one shot you.. THAT is a FIGHT MECHANIC.. if you learned that it did that, or how to avoid it.. *gasp* you learned something about fight mechanics

And never did I say I wanted them to be all soloed.

There's still a lot of fight that by mechanics alone, are not soloable (looking at you Kalecgos...)

i didnt say you did.. you said Kalecgos "wasn't soloable" ... which is A boss.. i said

and again, nowhere in the patch notes did it say ALL bosses, it said SOME

seriously, reading comprehension
12/04/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Andalya
what about patchwerk that's kinda not soloable for most non plate classes and seeing how you PUT A PET in that wing how are we to get one pay a plate class 50K?

you could also bring a friend capable of healing you. I healed a clothie while he tanked/dpsed Patchwerk.
I agree though that he hits too hard to be easily soloed to get to gluth for the pet.

then how is it soloable?

And i like how the plate classes are like oh dont QQ it's easy ya I'm sure having lot's of armor and a shield + your own heals makes it easy.

then how is it soloable?

And i like how the plate classes are like oh dont QQ it's easy ya I'm sure having lot's of armor and a shield + your own heals makes it easy.

Have you tried picking evocation as your last tier talent and going completely crazy on him spacing out your defensive cds? evocation looks like a pretty sweet heal every 10 seconds with that glyph. I'm genuinely curious.

Yes plate makes it easier but I neither used a shield or even defensive stance, second wind and spacing of defensive cds like banner etc kept me alive and I dpsd like mad.

Does it impact you in any way if they slightly tweak certain mechanics in super old content so that they can be soloed by all classes? This isn't exactly cutting edge stuff we're talking about. It's for mini pets and 5 year old gear.
Yes. Tuning takes work that's better applied elsewhere in the game.

What if we LIKE having some challenge in soloing stuff? I can't kill Patchwerk25 yet, but it doesn't mean the fight is broken. I'm considering different ways to take a stab at it, and will eventually manage. I don't want it to be so easy any derpy keyboard-turner can blunder in there and type /kill and everything falls over dead.

It may only be pets and transmog gear, but at least *some* effort should go into them still.

Slight tweaking to make it easier to solo does not equal typing "/kill" - it's just evening out the bosses that are far, far more difficult/impossible than their peer bosses found in the same raid.
We believe there was a lot of confusion when we originally announced this change and we're certainly at fault for said confusion. The original patch note was very vague to the point of being misleading. It was never our intent to weaken old raid boss encounters to allow anyone to have a chance to solo them, regardless of class, spec, or skill.

What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish, solely for the purpose of ensuring players have easier access to the hunt for the new rare companion pets -- the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.

Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.

I'm just glad this is answered.
But that's the problem. I don't want them to say "Oh, this is too hard for you? Here, we'll hold your hand and make it a little easier despite the fact that increasing gear levels will trivialize it later. We'll make it easier, and make it easier still, and keep nerfing things until they're pointlessly easy."

No work needs to be spent on tweaking older bosses to make sure that it's absolutely sanitary and balanced for everyone. That would ruin it. The whole fun of soloing stuff is breaking through challenges that were never meant to be possible. Removing mechanical limitations is fine, but the difficulty should stay.
But that's the problem. I don't want them to say "Oh, this is too hard for you? Here, we'll hold your hand and make it a little easier despite the fact that increasing gear levels will trivialize it later. We'll make it easier, and make it easier still, and keep nerfing things until they're pointlessly easy."

No work needs to be spent on tweaking older bosses to make sure that it's absolutely sanitary and balanced for everyone. That would ruin it. The whole fun of soloing stuff is breaking through challenges that were never meant to be possible. Removing mechanical limitations is fine, but the difficulty should stay.

That's not what they've done though. They made the literally impossible ones possible. They even said they have 0 intention of making them accessible to everyone or tuning them down even. The difficulty is intact.
Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.

I wish they would just make it possible for any of the old bosses to be solo'd. I don't know why this statement is such an extreme. I think it would be a great idea, within reason, to make old encounters possible to solo. Not by all classes and specs, but at least some of them.

That's not what they've done though. They made the literally impossible ones possible. They even said they have 0 intention of making them accessible to everyone or tuning them down even. The difficulty is intact.

Right you are Anan.
You don't even bother learning the name of the raid you're entering, and you're somehow mad that you can't beat it?
I was having trouble even getting into Molten Core by myself. The raid portal wouldn't port me and neither would the attunement guy. :(
12/04/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Thorann
You don't even bother learning the name of the raid you're entering, and you're somehow mad that you can't beat it?

Exactly. You have to have some knowledge of the fights to solo them, because mechanics you mighta breezed through with a 5 man group of 80-85s might show up when you are by yourself
12/04/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Brennvin

Do you still plan on helping with issues that make soloing impossible for all classes?

Kalecgos comes to mind immediately.

P.S. I'm all for a challenge. I think pointing out that you won't be nerfing content, so much as adjusting mechanics where as not to make stuff impossible to solo, is a good distinction to make. :)

What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish, solely for the purpose of ensuring players have easier access to the hunt for the new rare companion pets -- the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.

I like this. Raid bosses should be intimidating on some level. Bring one friend and there you go. Rent one from trade if you have to.