@Death Knight QQ

Arenas
60-90 second strangulate without resources or GCD

death's advance baseline (or it breaks a single root when used)

bone shield for all DKs or 15% death strike back for the DPS presences only

that would be about it, nothing too game changing
I don't even know what to say..........

A hunter saying Hunters arn't OP... what a joke...

How could anyone take you seriously?

Can anyone say 'conflict of interest'?

Had a DK made the post i would try and believe that it was credible..

HERPADERPROFLMAOCOPTERPURPLEMONKEYDISHWASHER
YEEEEE Don't forget those 80k necro strikes cause they ignore armor cause blizzard has so many bugs!
Not crazy good at arena but there needs to be some changes, for example:

RMP openers vs. dk team (lol)
1. attempt to dodge aoe, subterfuge ftw (jk buggy as hell)
2. sap healer
3. garrote dk while mage deeps
4. go hard in the paint
5. if dk doesn't trinket, dk dies (from mage damage)
6. in the event that dk does trinket, repeat process in 30 sec and collect points (again, mage damage)

There's some details in there that I didn't add (such as cc on healer and other dps), but that's generally what we would do and we'd win. Now if we'd actually face a dk team above 2k mmr, we'd have to approach the lull in between burst more cautiously but it seems like dks are worse than rogues right now. At least we got the vanish and blind buff.
ITT: People who don't know who Rykinia is.
I know this is an age old saying that a lot of people on this forum do not agree with, but honestly unless you understand the full capability of your class you can hardly judge how strong another class is.

If you have only barely been past 2k then that means you are doing something wrong whether that means communication, damage, positioning, CC, etc...

Generally if you have a decent understanding to not LoS your healer, CC, and know when to burst you will ride to at the very least 2100.

It is just really frustrating to hear people who have little experience come out and instead of stating an opinion make a statement as if it were a fact.

Realize that you might be wrong. It might be something that you are not pushing to its full potential, and keep your opinions to just that....opinions.
12/03/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Lurvantis
YEEEEE Don't forget those 80k necro strikes cause they ignore armor cause blizzard has so many bugs!

The debuff appears to be ignoring resilience and being effected by pvp power. It is effected by def cds. The debuff will hit 40-45k, maybe 60k when buffed by trinket. No way there has ever been 80k in 1 hit

Edit: Thats with T1 weapon anyway, with T2 it will defs be more, how much more? I dunno
I know this is an age old saying that a lot of people on this forum do not agree with, but honestly unless you understand the full capability of your class you can hardly judge how strong another class is.

If you have only barely been past 2k then that means you are doing something wrong whether that means communication, damage, positioning, CC, etc...

Generally if you have a decent understanding to not LoS your healer, CC, and know when to burst you will ride to at the very least 2100.

It is just really frustrating to hear people who have little experience come out and instead of stating an opinion make a statement as if it were a fact.

Realize that you might be wrong. It might be something that you are not pushing to its full potential, and keep your opinions to just that....opinions.

Nice passive-aggressive put-down, but all is well.
It's hard to find a somewhat skilled mage willing to play RMP nowadays with the perceived state of certain classes (ahem). I have worked very hard to improve my skills and so has my teammate, we just never get the chance to test them or improve further. The mage we did play with to ~1800 left to play god comp so we lost someone who was very hard to find in the first place. I didn't expect any less of a response from a glad dk (or a glad of any class). I do applaud your attempt at "putting it lightly" whereas others would be a total @###@@!! about it. One more thing, not once did I say (it might have been implied, in which case, my bad) that what was written was fact and people like you are why I don't like to share my opinion on a forum which is meant for doing so, mind you.

TL;DR
A little rump ravaged at the type of people on the forums and I can't find any moderately skilled mage to play with on my server. Also, if you think something is going to be a bad read, don't read it.
12/03/2012 05:46 AMPosted by Emfrun
Stopped reading anything tosan posted after he said if any class needed a survivability buffs its hunters and rogues, clearly doesnt know what hes talking about.

I didn't make this thread.

Also, DK's have major survivability issues, but so do Hunters and Rogues (although Hunters are better off than DK's/Rogues obviously, Hunters still have survivability issues when it comes to dying in stuns easily, thus the orc racial + meta gem + resil gems being godly).
12/03/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Hemalador
The debuff appears to be ignoring resilience and being effected by pvp power. It is effected by def cds. The debuff will hit 40-45k, maybe 60k when buffed by trinket. No way there has ever been 80k in 1 hit

And the debuff will be healed off before anyone notices there was a debuff.
12/02/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Rykinia
- No survival issues. It is a matter of learning to play

.....What?

IT Massivly buffed
DND needs to spam deathcoils not dring with eachother
DW
Summon gargoyle at t3 talent point, pet at t5
Corpse explosion back to its full glory, (10k in wrath, so 140k now)
Blood Plague removes all hots
raise ally usable in arena except as a ghoul, that hits harder then rogues, and has a 5 sec stun
revive as a ghoul when you die
hungering cold at t3 talents
Desecration
chains of ice roots for 1 sec, then 90, 80 and so on
ibf 1 min cd, 50% damage reduction, not usable while stunned
unbreakable armor reducing all damage by like.... 15k now
gnaw 30 sec cd
leap usable on allies
the aura presences thingys
SS all shadow damage
Sudden doom procs from oh and mh swings

Even with all of these that are mostly QOL changes in the first place we'd still probably be sub-par.

The fact of the matter is that we're just outdated, our kit hasn't changed while everyone else's has gotten better.

Hi 5 second facing requirement resource costing on the gcd silence on a 2 minute cooldown

Hi biggest windup most easily avoidable stun in the game if we talent it or ghoul 1 min cd 3 second duration stun

Hi no way to resurrect pet except with a 2 minute cooldown (Seriously why can't we get something like hunters have.)

Hi most complicated resources system in the game (Blood runes, frost runes, unholy runes, death runes, runic power and maybe ghoul stacks if you count that.)

Hi !@#$ty gargoyle AI that also deals nature damage for some stupid reason meaning it has no synergy with our mastery at all.

Hi death grip still having a longer cooldown than charge and no way to keep them there after using it (A pvp set bonus that gave a little charge stun or something on use would be nice)

Hi rune regen system and having to talent what ones we want and oh %^-* this !@#$.

Hi no weapon chain because we're balanced around fallen crusader's damage bonus.

Hi desecrated ground, one of the few new things we've gotten, still being %^-* and not clearing silences, disarms, frost nova, nets, and a bunch of other !@#$ that pvp trinkets do.

Hi Icebound Fortitude, the worst barkskin effect in the game (20% lol) with the worst duration (12 seconds) and worst cooldown (3 minutes. %^-*.) that is also our only way to break/protect against stuns. EDIT: Oh and it costs runic power too so you're !@#$ed if someone stunlocks you from stealth at the start of a match or something.

Hi execute that requires six seconds of setup during which they can just have a non braindead healer heal them up to 36% rendering it useless

Blizzard obviously doesn't think that anything is wrong, however, seeing as the only change to us in 5.1 was to nerf Death Strike in PVP. Yay for being even squishier.
Buff the hell out of purgatory(Increasing the duration of it and giving it an internal CD of 1m 30s) and make it baseline.

Grats, DKs got a huge survival buff.
- Not weak.
- Highest consistent damage
- Plenty of up time
- No survival issues. It is a matter of learning to play. Stop asking for buffs and make do with what you have, QQing for buffs has made this game stupid easy to play.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. DKs have the worst survivability/mobility in the game right now next to monks. Yes, we have great damage, there is no doubt about that. However, do you expect me to believe that the survivability issues are just a matter of learning to play? Let me put you in this situation: you're a DK, a Warrior Frost Mage comp have just put you in a stun lock, you know you are probably going to get globaled here so you trinket then AMS....now what? The warrior is still kicking you in the face and the mage is going to be in your !@# the second AMS is gone.
ATM class wise the bottom 3 are DK then Rogue then Monk (including both heals and dps). So this is probably the most underpowered dks have been since they were created.
12/05/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Yonä
ATM class wise the bottom 3 are DK then Rogue then Monk (including both heals and dps). So this is probably the most underpowered dks have been since they were created.

Yeah DK's were about the same as far as the rankings go last season (worst 3 were DKs, Hunters and lol warriors), but your right DK's got a nerf to its PvP toolkit since cata. A lot of passive abilities that were baked into the class became talents and several key things were removed (blade barrier and Desecration being the most prominant ones). Desecration was required for DK's to stay on targets. Now its gone, and now we can't.
I'm not a glad or anything close to it, but I feel as though this thread is a trolls attempt at making a lot of people QQ, and he was successful.

What's wrong with DKs from an honest, numerical-based, logical point-of-view?

We don't have an "oh !@#$" button. That's it. Give us that or give us a passive that will make our current defensives more useful and we'll be fine.

Our mobility is fine - we're a melee/caster hybrid with yes, more of a major emphasis on melee, but we still have a lot more ranged DPS than any other class.

I might suggest giving DKs more CC, but honestly the pressure we put out through consistent damage when we connect (or pop garg if you're unholy) is something I accept with our current level of CC and utility.

Just give us an "oh !@#$" button and fix the OP classes.