Severe, intermittent lag?

Oceanic General Discussion
Anyone lagging really bad at random intervals?

Home MS is fine, world MS is spikey.

Myself and some other guildies are reporting problems, all with Telstra so far, all in different states, each of us with a different kind of connection.

Nothing seems to be wrong with anything else, just D3/WoW.

Edit:
Just tonight. o.o
Yes im sitting at 230ms home and going from 1k-6k world. other games are fine and my over all internet is running fine. its only in wow right now where im having this problem.
Myself and several guildies all telstra are experiencing this on Aman'Thul aswell
Telstra here also
Best tracert is best.

1 11 ms 12 ms 7 ms 10.240.32.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
Aye same here, telstra internet, seems to be worse in combat that outside it.
11/22/2012 02:22 AMPosted by Justifi
Aye same here, telstra internet, seems to be worse in combat that outside it.

Yep.

Everything is fine until boss/trash is pulled, MS shoots up hugely.
Also lag spikes on telstra. Usually have 160 and everything is fine till today. League of legends is fine though just WoW.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/latest/a/-/article/15447510/thousands-of-vic-telstra-phones-down/ LOL guess thats why we are lagging.
11/22/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Fenryz
all in different states, each of us with a different kind of connection.

For example, I am on Cable (home) & 3G - both are fine - as long as Blizzard is not involved in any way.
225ms stable with periodic high world ping however when in a raid i am getting massive spikes
I got a few minor spikes while in a dungeon earlier tonight, but luckily it was not too bad for me.

I'm one of the many unfortunate people who have no option but to use Telstra, because I'm in a virtual dead zone, the only ISP available to me is that roaming wireless crap which offers me a crummy 15gig data for the retarded price of 109.95 a month.

Thanks, Telstra!

And as for the NBN, they decided to upgrade the two nearest towns that already have wired high-speed internet, and still list my area as having no planned date for upgrade. ^_^

My only option is to move... *packs bags*
I've been getting the same problem past few days on optus cable... fine one moment that massive spikes the next
I am on Comcast and i am experiencing the same Lag, only bad when in combat, in world and Bgs. Several people complaining about it as well.
My raid group also experienced latency issues. So much so we had to call the raid.

Home latency 226 and steady but world latency was all over the shop.

Performed speed tests and it's definitely only a WoW issue. I'm with Telstra, and so where the others affected last night. So I'm thinking may have something to do with our overseas link.

I hope it is fixed by Monday so we can finish our raid.
QLD AUS = 230ms home - 1200ms+ world

D3 is the same after about 4:30 AEST
Having the same issue here - low home ms high world, started a few nights ago. Telstra customer.
from what i've come to notice. once summer hits WoW has lag problems for Australians.

No idea why. but up until a few weeks ago i was perfectly fine. now i seem to be experiencing bad lag spikes along with a fair few of my guildies. all in different states and on different ISPs

Same thing happened last year and the year before that at around this time
I've been playing Halo 4 on x-box live and having no issues yet this game just seems to be broken.
from what i've come to notice. once summer hits WoW has lag problems for Australians.

No idea why. but up until a few weeks ago i was perfectly fine. now i seem to be experiencing bad lag spikes along with a fair few of my guildies. all in different states and on different ISPs

Same thing happened last year and the year before that at around this time

Mm, conjecture, perhaps.

I've historically been fine.

I have created a thread on TS forums for us - blues are looking into it and Telstra TS has also been informed.

If you feel you might have anything relevant to add (tracerts, proxy connections et al) please feel free to contribute to the thread.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7198960946

I'm one of the many unfortunate people who have no option but to use Telstra, because I'm in a virtual dead zone, the only ISP available to me is that roaming wireless crap which offers me a crummy 15gig data for the retarded price of 109.95 a month.

Thanks, Telstra!

This is not Telstra's fault. It is other service providers believing you are not a profitable demographic.

That being said - that other provider - that is absolutely horrendous, lol. Is it 3G or Satellite? For that price I'd expect it to be satellite. o.o