Selling Challenge modes?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Not that I plan on replicating the service, but I'd be curious to know in how much time groups that have sold the transmo set have done it with a stranger. Clearing 9/9 gold isn't quite my definition of 'walk in the park', even with a solid group, so replacing a member and doing a fast tour would seem impressive to me.
We have restrictions on who we sell gold to (only DPS, SMART DPS), and we normally 2-3, if not 1 shot. Some that we have done have gone to first page US times, so our time is valued because of how easy it was to make said money.
I saw some guys on my server selling for 50k (I belive was all of them, not sure) and linking their realm first, BUT you needed to tell them your account or be X class (probably account steal) but this seems to be the fastest way.
Paying 1M for full gold is something I believe most people won't do, too much for just transmog gear.

What they could do to improve Challenge Mode reward is add 45-90 Lesser Charm of Good Fortune to the random CM daily, so people would have a decent option to get them instead of pointless dailies and some motivation to try them.

Right now the only motivation to try them out is the daily and most people put them aside after wiping 10 times on the same trash pull or the time they took to complete (1 hour SH here). Also I must agree with Omega on Shado-Master Gold requirement, everything else would be a joke if wasn't for numerous bugs, its like asking Raid heroic clear on "dungeon"/scenarios meta.
11/24/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Juicyjc
Yeah my group of 6 sellers (we rotate people in) have sold two people full gold and have made almost 200k per person. Selling full silver also is extremely easy and quick money.

I don't think I would do it for only 100k ea... full golds is a crazy big time investment, especially considering that you will probably need to reset a few times due to the carry not pulling their weight.
11/24/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Kolzi
Yeah my group of 6 sellers (we rotate people in) have sold two people full gold and have made almost 200k per person. Selling full silver also is extremely easy and quick money.

I don't think I would do it for only 100k ea... full golds is a crazy big time investment, especially considering that you will probably need to reset a few times due to the carry not pulling their weight.

Well like I said we have a tight restriction to who we "carry" to gold. The ones we've carried, like I said again, have helped us get to front page rankings, so they obviously carried their weight. Just couldn't find the right group to do it with. Silvers we don't have a problem with, we just pull the way we normally would, but slower.
11/24/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Juicyjc

I just may be interested in getting with you sometime.

my dps set isn't 100% yet because i don't have the patience to pug my way through horrid heroics only to lose rolls to dps gear. so i'm just waiting unitl the raid gear saturates enough to go to offspec as i still have 4 slots i don't even have a dps piece for yet. I wouldn't even dare to ask for a CM carry until every slot has an appropriate 463+ dps piece and not some unoptimized tank peice from my main spec.

11/24/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Nery
Omegal, I plan on going back after I'm done with my golds (5/9, will hopefully be done by tomorrow since I'm only missing 1 real hard one) to try and aim for realm best times, if you wanna tag along you're more than welcome.

we raid sundays and this week actually monday too from thursday being rescheduled.
On Shattered Hand a few friends of mine sell and carry.

We sell each silver for 14k and each gold for 28k (except Gate which is 26k).

Depending on the people available, if someone needs a gold, they can come and don't get a cut.

What people don't realize, is that you are not mostly paying for the carry, as much as you are paying for the service of finding the people needed and forming the comps.

If any people browsing these forums know how frustrating it can be to find openraid groups or just others who are interested in pushing gold times - it might be well worth it to find someone that can get a group together for you and get you those golds.

The money shouldn't be too bad. As with all markets there are multiple sellers so make sure you research and make sure you're not getting ripped off.

Depending on the people available, if someone needs a gold, they can come and don't get a cut.

What people don't realize, is that you are not mostly paying for the carry, as much as you are paying for the service of finding the people needed and forming the comps.

If any people browsing these forums know how frustrating it can be to find openraid groups or just others who are interested in pushing gold times - it might be well worth it to find someone that can get a group together for you and get you those golds.

The money shouldn't be too bad. As with all markets there are multiple sellers so make sure you research and make sure you're not getting ripped off.

may get in touch with you soon
Feel free to add me Vince#1139.

I'll be on after the Giants game.

Okay 28k for gold cmodes, that sure is NOT worth the effort. Wow

How come? As you said before, you have to make sure the people you take are able to perform.

You are ripping off people if you're charging anymore than that.

All you're doing is re-doing what you have already spent the time learning and then explaining to someone else what their role is.

Explain to me how charging 250k for the gold xmog is not worth it? That's plenty fair. Close to 8.5k+ per person that I split the cut with. Takes less than an hour usually. I believe that is plenty fair.

You were that guy charging close to 1mil gold?

I thought that was completely outrageous. Obviously you're not just telling them to wait at the entrance. I'm sure you're putting in sooo much effort.

----------------------------------------

*edit* - I really don't even want to waste my time.

You go ahead and charge more. I am more than happy offering help to friends and other people on my server (facilitating relationships) for 28k per gold.

Good luck in whatever price you charge(d) - As with all business, there is always someone else that sells it cheaper.
If the "carried" person is competant enough to not get himself killed then you'll probably be able to get him gold.

DPS really isn't a huge issue. Getting stuns, interupts, potions and mechanics to a T will make the biggest difference.
ugg, why you both have to be horde. :(
I think 28k is very reasonable, as you said it isn't so much that you pay for the carry as pay for the people to run with. I would pay that but definitely not more.

How come? As you said before, you have to make sure the people you take are able to perform.

You are ripping off people if you're charging anymore than that.

All you're doing is re-doing what you have already spent the time learning and then explaining to someone else what their role is.

Explain to me how charging 250k for the gold xmog is not worth it? That's plenty fair. Close to 8.5k+ per person that I split the cut with. Takes less than an hour usually. I believe that is plenty fair.

You were that guy charging close to 1mil gold?

I thought that was completely outrageous. Obviously you're not just telling them to wait at the entrance. I'm sure you're putting in sooo much effort.

----------------------------------------

*edit* - I really don't even want to waste my time.

You go ahead and charge more. I am more than happy offering help to friends and other people on my server (facilitating relationships) for 28k per gold.

Good luck in whatever price you charge(d) - As with all business, there is always someone else that sells it cheaper.

I'll add you this evening. I've got all the silvers, and 3 of the gold challenge modes completed. Cannot for the life of me set up a mutual time outside of raid with guildies to finish them off. My tag is Irial#1475.
Silvers are possible.

Golds more or less require someone piloting the purchaser's account, from what I've heard.
Silvers are possible.

Golds more or less require someone piloting the purchaser's account, from what I've heard.

Maybe. A lot of capable people just dont have the time to schedule with guild members to get them completed (myself) so this is of interest.
11/26/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Sanctifiêd
theres a lot more work involved than killing a boss you have on farm, and many guilds can 24 man it as if you werent there in the first place.

Yeah, 99% of the mounts we sold last tier we had the buyer take a lava/maelstrom bath and just 24 manned it. This concept will not be nearly as applicable to challenge mode groups.