What to do with uncommon pigment?

Professions
Post Limit:
I've got a bunch of uncommon pigment that turns into ink that is not used for glyphs. What's the best thing to do with them? Indigo, Verdent, Burnt, etc pigment.
I've been wondering that myself. As far as I can tell, the only thing they do is make outdated Darkmoon cards that no one wants to buy.

So for the lower-level (pre-BC) inks, you can make cards, maybe get a deck, and summon a Darkmoon mystic whatsit to gain a bit of reputation with the Darkmoon Fair.

For darkflame (BC) and snowfall (WotLK) inks, making the cards requires additional expensive materials, so it's better to just not bother and vendor the inks.

For inferno ink, you might be able to do something with it; I haven't gotten any spare inferno ink lately so I don't know.
11/25/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Icpitl
For darkflame (BC) and snowfall (WotLK) inks, making the cards requires additional expensive materials, so it's better to just not bother and vendor the inks.

Snowfall ink is in high demand because it's used for Northrend research. Don't vendor it.

The other uncommon inks are mostly good for skill-ups and not much else. The inferno ink staves and off-hands might sell, I guess, since the heirloom weapons stop scaling at 80. If you're past the point where you can use the inks for skill-ups yourself, you can always try to sell them on the AH. While leveling inscription, there were several points where I could have avoided milling some herbs if there had been some reasonably-priced uncommon inks on the AH. Just be aware that uncommon inks aren't strictly necessary for leveling at any point, and aren't really even any better then common inks. You need to list them at a price that makes it cheaper than milling herbs for common inks.

Actually, it may be better to sell the pigment than the ink. Turning the pigment into ink gives skill-ups.
List it or make darkmoon cards.

It's still used to skill up, and the old trinkets often still sell for 1-2k on my server.
I'd forgotten about using the snowfall ink for Northrend research.

Even though I'm doing it every day.
Snowfall is a good seller for scribes learning glyphs. Anything lower than that I just make into inks and vendor; it's not worth screwing with to make DMCs that no one wants.