Brawler’s Guild Invitation Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 16 Next
Ok there is a little confusion going on right now within my guild. Does the winner who won the bandages are able to send out 1 invite per rank or can they send out 10 invites once reached a certain rank? Do you get more than one invite once you win the bandages?
11/28/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Pandahmoneum
thx blizzard for making it damn near impossible to get an invitation, ive killed the 'rare spawns' over 30 times, and got no invitation, and the ones on the bmah are going for 80k+. thx for telling use about awesome content then excluding 90% of wow players from experiencing it

11/28/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Oress
And as if Blizzard didn't know this would happen, I feel really bad for those on dominated servers that the other faction may not let them near the BMAH, I understand why i cannot do Herioc mode Raids and such, But to be excluded from content because of gold or faction dominance is dumb!

Farming 100 k isn't that really hard and there's plenty of ways to get there . Sure , it may **** for you that you don't have the gold to pay for one right now , but you could always farm one by trying to kill the mobs that drop Invitations or you could always farm gold and buy one for yourself .
I had 9 k gold when i dinged lvl 90 and it's my only lvl 90 on that server .
I wanted a Jeweled Onyx mount REAL BAD , i farmed for it.
Now i want an invitation REAL BAD , and IM GOING TO FARM FOR IT !
11/28/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Immazapya

You need to progress through the ranks to get an invite to give to others.

how high of a lvl do you have to be?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004406077

Rank 7 based on a blue post in there somewhere.
1 hr 30 mins in que......... fail
Queue times are too long. Why is this cross realm?
11/28/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Linsyn
Queue times are too long. Why is this cross realm?

What do you expect it'll be like when the rest of your server is in?
Went in on my alt, a holy pally. Got bored of the hate tells after an hour.

Fix this.

What do you expect it'll be like when the rest of your server is in?

I didnt pay out of the nose to have long queue times, quite honestly. So IDC what it'll be like when the rest of my server will have an invite cause I'd have been done with it.
11/28/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Oress
So anyone that dosen't have roughly 30 to 100,000 K in gold is out of luck. Nice way to exclude people from content and promote people to buy gold from gold farmers. I want some equality.

So, the invites are only going for 30 to 100,000 K on day one? You realize they'll be expiring in a few days with no purchasers?

At most you'll be waiting a few days to get your invite.

/tinyviolin
I am a bit upset on how they did this, or my account bugged for a bit, but i managed to get one, and from what i read online before this was posted, that the invites will be 10 on the BMAh and be very exclusive, and maybe in a month another 10 invites on bmah. farming rare spawns or invited by other brawlers were the only ways in.

so after winning my first one at 252k gold, I learned it, and hopped on an alt, went into the arena and tried to queue up, Would not let me. relogged, nope. Not a chance, so i headed off to the BMAH to get a second one. Yeah, you read right, a second one i purchased on my druid for another 215k gold. Yeah, in total ive spent 462,000 gold on invites. But before i learned the second one, i went back to the arena, and what to my surprise, i could queue for fights on the alt.. Then i check BMAH after midnight and... Another 10 on the auction house..........

I want a refund on one of my invites please. After all, it was supposed to be EXCLUSIVE. now it seems like every noob is going to be in this guild.
also would like to add, why to screw up ALL of the new content, i went to do dailies today and it sin the fracking mines, which is occupied by 40+ alliance, so not only did you add more dailies on top of the hundreds of dailies we already have you make it damned near impossible to do because they are right smack dab in the middle of a wpvp zone. f u blizz
How long do you think he's going to be willing to keep that up? A few days? Weeks? Months? Do you really think he's going to want to blow his whole wad just to keep the entire realm out of the brawlers guild?

Wish him luck for me.

In all fairness, I know a player that spent over 600k just to prevent someone else from getting Invincible on the Black Market (he already had it).

It only takes one enormous jerk with a lot of money to ruin it for everyone. Probably won't be an issue for most folks, but I'm willing to bet at least one server will fall victim to this sort of thing.

Invincible =/= Brawler's invite

It's a bit more prestigious and I can understand not wanting another person with such a rare mount like your own to just be able to buy it. I wouldn't do it to anyone, but I can understand why it was done.
I was really excited about this feature when it was first announced. Now that it has been released, I've lost interest entirely. The bottle neck to even have access to the content is the worst part. I'm not camping NPCs with a group of other people in hopes that I tag an NPC, and also in hopes that they drop an invite. BMAH should be a gold sink for things that are extra, not entire pieces of content. Glad I haven't wasted the gold or time on it!
This is just another way to control the amount of gold in game. Ive made more than 40 k gold just from doing all of my dailies to exalted. between the black market and the obscene price of the new rep mounts, this is their way of keep the average player at less than 20K gold, which rom my experience has always been their goal.
Seriously would like a refund of winning the BMAH for this. I was unaware that in Stormwind it would be cross realm. This is the worst idea ever. Why would you cross realm something you knew would be this busy? If there is going to be hours in queue then why not just let everyone get in anyway since paying so much for the item really gets you nothing but a long wait time. This was poorly thought out for cross realm. Thought the point of cross realm was to increase people out in the world not clog up a new addition to the game. Where do I petition for a refund?
Someone kept outbidding me.
I'd place a bid on the lowest, and highest, and middle. They were promptly outbid. Very suspicious..

I killed a few rares before bed and got the invite.
Saved myself a lot of gold.
Is the invitation BOA or just for one toon?
We really need some clarity on how these invites were supposed to work. All of the fansites reported that everyone with an invite would be able to invite 10 people per day. Now I've come accross and obscure post saying that they only get to invite one other person ever. So LOT of people have pooled cash to get an invite bought for a group of friends only to find out that won't work? And its "meant to be exclusive" so cross realm and hour and a half ques are ok. I love this game but making content that costs a ton of gold to get into is bad design in and of itself, much less content with hour and a half ques and sketchy misleading information about getting into the content even when you spend the required gold. Please clarify on how the inviting of other brawlers is supposed to work.

And in the future consider NEVER gating content behind gold. If you feel the need to gate content behind something, gate it behind skill, NOT gold. For instance, make players fight a crazy hard entry match to get in, one that scales against your gear so you can't overgear it, and don't tell me you don't have the tech to do that because the challenge modes prove you do.
11/29/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Zq
Seriously would like a refund of winning the BMAH for this. I was unaware that in Stormwind it would be cross realm. This is the worst idea ever. Why would you cross realm something you knew would be this busy? If there is going to be hours in queue then why not just let everyone get in anyway since paying so much for the item really gets you nothing but a long wait time. This was poorly thought out for cross realm. Thought the point of cross realm was to increase people out in the world not clog up a new addition to the game. Where do I petition for a refund?

I feel the exact same way. I spent 84k for the invite and this was a low bid on Mal'Ganis, most went for 100k+. After winning the auction I spent two and a half hours waiting for my second fight. If I would have known it was cross realm, I would have never put a single bid on this.

What Brawler’s Guild Is
A fun, but small diversion that could grow in time
A venue for a realm’s community to come together
A unique way to earn some solo PvE bragging rights
A cool place to hang out

This quote is taken from the post describing the brawler's guild. Cross realm is not mentioned at all. I seriously want my gold back from the bmah for this.