Demonology

Warlock
I have not read any threads yet about the demonology glyph demon hunting. Demon hunting gives us dark anthropos or something like that and in that stance we get like 3 charges of demonic slash and before the patch it did around 24k i think it was for me but now its only 11k did anyone else notice that?
Unfortunately, all mastery that would normally buff damage spells and effects on a demo warlock only increase physical damage reduction by a pathetically small amount on Dark Apotheosis.
I have used it a lot on my 'lock. It can be used for off-tanking, or to stay alive as a pseudo-tank while the main tank is being rezzed.

At first, the tuning for Mastery allowed a warlock to be a main tank, so Blizzard over-adjusted it down. Now, it's not as good, but still useful in a pinch. I do find that as I gear up, I find fewer and fewer places where it's used, so it will go by the wayside soon. A pity, I always liked being a warlock tank.
11/28/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Doemino
dark anthropos

lol

That second word is in some ways the opposite of the real name.
dark anthropos

lol

That second word is in some ways the opposite of the real name.

No...not "some ways". It is the opposite, if going by western mythology.

Anthropos
1. a human being, whether male or female

Apotheosis
1. Exaltation to divine rank or stature; deification.

Dark Apotheosis
n pl. Farming Warlocks
1. A Demonology stance useful for AoE farming and not really much else.

If you're using DA for anything other than quests or old world farming, you're doing it wrong
For an ability whos name means almost literally, "ascendance to dark deity" it's really not all that great.
I don't think that DA is dead, Blizz is just trying to fine tune it to fit their view of what we should be able to do.

Maybe next time they'll buff us a bit. I'd like to see more HP personally. I think a larger HP pool, and double charges on our bubble will give us very good off-tanking ability. Def wouldn't make us hardcore tanks, because there is obviously more stats to tanking than HP, but I think HP would fit off tanks very well.
Don't worry, it was just a tool-tip fix.

It was actually doing half the damage it said.

They just corrected it to show that.
I don't think that DA is dead, Blizz is just trying to fine tune it to fit their view of what we should be able to do.

Maybe next time they'll buff us a bit. I'd like to see more HP personally. I think a larger HP pool, and double charges on our bubble will give us very good off-tanking ability. Def wouldn't make us hardcore tanks, because there is obviously more stats to tanking than HP, but I think HP would fit off tanks very well.

Try DA with Soul Link and Grimoire of Sacrifice. Though I personally prefer to have a pocket Fury Warrior when I'm AoE grinding. Do love the double charge on Fury Ward, myself. Just wish Soul Fire didn't cost Fury in DA form...

Also, for us to be OTs, we would need some sort of avoidance. Full Mitigation Tank was thrown out the window relatively early in Beta when we were (even without the GrimSac bug) better tanks in DS than any "real" tank class.
The only use I have found for DA is in solo farming old raids. There are a number of fights where it is critical to face tank a boss and not lose agro to your pet, and DA works well for those situations.

Other than that, I might throw it on for doing dailies here and there...just to mix it up.