how does a rogue get lock picking to 450

Rogue
Post Limit:
Hubby is a 85 lockpicking is 425 how does he get it to 450
You level to 90. :)

Every time you level up, your lockpicking skill automatically goes up by 5.
Scales with level, you'll have 450 at level 90. Get to work! xD
Get to level 90. It levels with you. At 86 he'll be 430, 435, 440, 445, and 450 at 90.
Convenient :) I want to say I miss the chore of leveling lock picking... but I'm romanticizing it and forgetting how much I complained on vent to guild mates while doing it, lol.
BACK IN MY DAY we had to level it ourselves.

Uphill 2 miles in the snow.
Yeah... Those quiet nights on the Zoram Strand, nothing but you and the naga as you slunk into their watery homes in search of lockboxes for a few measly copper and that coveted skillup... Or Seeing which rogue in trade could get there the fastest... Only to curse at the blacksmith who offered keys.
Being level 90 lol silly Huntard.....

Veteran WoW me (you gotta level it)
lvl 89 rogue with 45 lockboxes wtw!
Huge quality of life improvement to not have to level lockpicking. Or weapon skills.

Or to make poisons and have them in your inventory. Or pick which weapon to put poisons on.
back in my days we had to worked for everything now your hand it

damn you people and your easy stuff
If you can't get to level 450 until level 90, then why are all the Pandaran boxes at level 450. Shouldn't the ones at the lower level areas offer a lower level picking, like 430 or 440. To me it just seems a real pain. I don't know of any locks you can pick that are level 426-449.

And forcing rogues to pay for lock picking by another player or have their bags full of boxes is just WRONG
And forcing rogues to pay for lock picking by another player or have their bags full of boxes is just WRONG
You don't have a bank?
Huge quality of life improvement to not have to level lockpicking. Or weapon skills.

Or to make poisons and have them in your inventory. Or pick which weapon to put poisons on.

I actually enjoyed making potions, made me feel special. Like how hunters used to have a special bag for their bullets, or locks with their soul gems. The carrying them in my bags, applying them every half an hour...or after I zone into an instance....or after I rez from death, not so much.

The leveling weapons, thank God that's gone, lol. What a pain it was when there were no good fist weapons, or you were pure dagger, and felt like switching to sword. Then had to go find some group of NPC's with enough health to survive, but not enough to kill you, and hit them for a half an hour while you see...

"Your skill with swords is now 2"
"Your skill with swords is now 3"
"Your skill with swords is now 4"

Rinse and repeat a few hundred times :).

I actually enjoyed making potions, made me feel special. Like how hunters used to have a special bag for their bullets, or locks with their soul gems. The carrying them in my bags, applying them every half an hour...or after I zone into an instance....or after I rez from death, not so much.
I feel like hunter's and locks weren't very happy about wasting an entire bag just for projectiles/shards. Similarly to how you weren't very happy about keeping poisons in your bags.

I feel like hunter's and locks weren't very happy about wasting an entire bag just for projectiles/shards. Similarly to how you weren't very happy about keeping poisons in your bags.

Oh I know, played a Rogue, Hunter, and Lock back in Vanilla. I just mean it gave the classes flavor. Having to carry something, or do something unique to your class alone outside of fighting. As annoying as some of it was, it made the classes feel less homogenized. Not that I'd want to go back to swimming at the bottom of lakes, slowly, for an hour to skill up lock picking boxes on the lake's floor.

I still, in an odd way, enjoyed it. Kinda like stealthing in to get your barman shanker when you hit a certain level. Sure, you died, and had to look up strats on how not to pull the entire room, how to beat tthe guy, ect. It was still a Rogue unique experience though.
Then had to go find some group of NPC's with enough health to survive, but not enough to kill you, and hit them for a half an hour while you see...

"Your skill with swords is now 2"
"Your skill with swords is now 3"
"Your skill with swords is now 4"

I remember that back in Wrath when I finally stopped deciding to only use Guns on my Dwarf Hunter, oh the joy.
02/23/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Woundedsoul
Leveling it was more fun..

Amen. Still remember my days of going out into the world to level my lockpicking. Good times. Felt like I was doing something only a rogue does to enhance my roguey skills :D

It was still a Rogue unique experience though.

*nods*
Wasn't there a debuff that lasted like a week or something? Some type of poison you got hit with in that tower in Westfall.
Wasn't there a debuff that lasted like a week or something? Some type of poison you got hit with in that tower in Westfall.

Yes. It was really bad, you were completely worthless for a week unless you got it removed by an NPC. I can remember more than one rogue crying about it in trade because they did not read quest text and did not know they could get it removed.