The Druid Class is utterly TERRIBLE!

Druid
If it is that bad, why level to 90 instead of finding something more appealing. I agree, Moonkin questing is not fun. But my solution was to level as feral, even though I hate the raid positioning requirements.

I also am not a big fan of druid healing, but despite all of these little draw backs, I enjoy the overall flexibility of the class, so that I can heal if needed, I will eventually dps as moonkin again, and I can tank fairly well.
Balance spec is sort of boring, clunky and gimmicky. If Blizzard actually had the creative capacity to make original, fun-to-play primary healing specs (for any class) while solo, I would gladly accept lower DPS and play that instead.
Resto is fun, balance i find meh(it is decent in other players hands, i just have never tried it till now), changing second spec back to feral which is all i played during cata.

Guardian i havent tried since i levelled using Guardian questing and resto dungeons, seemed ok, but i tank on my dk.
im half-retarded

Fixt!
Druids are not for everyone. I thought I would love mine, so I leveled it first, but the feral rotation seems clunky and Guardian is completely uneventful and boring. After playing my DK as main in Cata, and since they are largely unchanged, druids can't really compare. I'll be leveling it next and probably replacing this toon, unfortunately.

Having two resource systems on a DK so you are never really waiting for anything, having a high-damage attack that also acts as your mitigation, having the easiest and highest damage AOE attacks, having ridiculous self-heals...and of course being one of the top specs for challenge modes (both frost and blood)...it's leaps and bounds ahead of druids. Bordering on unfair, imo.

If your having fun with that character only because it's OP, you will end up disappointed. OP classes never last. You will end up chasing FoTMs forever until you find your true home class as the Blizzard nerf cycle continues.

Mages have always been overpowered
DK's have always been overpowered

Pick one of those two and you wont have to chase that much.

I thought about lvling/gearing my DK just to solo stuff. Like anything. But since this expansion with second wind my secondmain character (warrior) can do that just fine.
Druid has been my main since Vanilla and I fell in love with boomy and never left it, It is a really complicated class to play as dps in pvp, and most people that play druids will agree with me that using that many buttons, and using them successfully requires skill capped players and obviously you are not one, so go face roll a dk like other players who don't like complicated classes and be happy ok?
Druids are not for everyone. I thought I would love mine, so I leveled it first, but the feral rotation seems clunky and Guardian is completely uneventful and boring. After playing my DK as main in Cata, and since they are largely unchanged, druids can't really compare. I'll be leveling it next and probably replacing this toon, unfortunately.

Having two resource systems on a DK so you are never really waiting for anything, having a high-damage attack that also acts as your mitigation, having the easiest and highest damage AOE attacks, having ridiculous self-heals...and of course being one of the top specs for challenge modes (both frost and blood)...it's leaps and bounds ahead of druids. Bordering on unfair, imo.

If your having fun with that character only because it's OP, you will end up disappointed. OP classes never last. You will end up chasing FoTMs forever until you find your true home class as the Blizzard nerf cycle continues.

I didn't mean to imply that I liked it just because it was OP. It's really not. It just feels that way compared to this druid. The DK rotation and skills flow together much better, allow much more flexibility (no cooldowns on skills), and are frankly more fun.

It's fun to hit Death Strike and see big numbers, and ALSO have that be your active mitigation. How fun is it for you to hit Savage Defense? There's not even a damn animation that happens...I have to have a buff bar in the middle of my screen that tracks it to even tell that it's being used.

AOE as a DK is more interesting also. As Feral, you hit use thrash, wait forever for energy regen, swipe maybe 3 times, then re-thrash. Most of the time you're sitting there doing absolutely nothing, just waiting for energy regen. As a DK, you have death and decay, diseases, blood boil, and even when all of those are down, you have frost/unholy runes to use for death strikes, which return death runes, which let you do more AOE. There's almost no downtime or sitting around doing nothing.

If you haven't played some of the other classes, you might not realize how gimped druids feel in comparison.
Well, here I was thinking Druid was awesome. Shows what I know...I mean Feral leveling is so fast and ez. Seriously tho, I tried Balance to level, but was very slow, switched to Feral and love it...probably will switch back to balance at 90, but can't see where druid is broken? OP's first mistake is comparing hybrid class to pure dps classes. In dungeons I don't worry about dps as I'm contributing in more important ways like interrupts, dispells, CC etc. IMHO, Druids are, if not the best utility class, dang close to it.
12/04/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Mefugly
Well, here I was thinking Druid was awesome. Shows what I know...I mean Feral leveling is so fast and ez. Seriously tho, I tried Balance to level, but was very slow, switched to Feral and love it...probably will switch back to balance at 90, but can't see where druid is broken? OP's first mistake is comparing hybrid class to pure dps classes. In dungeons I don't worry about dps as I'm contributing in more important ways like interrupts, dispells, CC etc. IMHO, Druids are, if not the best utility class, dang close to it.

1) Those things matter a lot less than they did in the past
2) Other classes bring just as much utility (with better CC)
<3 Droods
I have a lot of PVP/PVE play time with my Hunter, Mage, Death Knight, and Druid over the past 4 years. All of these classes have been FOTM at one point and I always fall back to my Druid. The diversity of playstyle that this class offers is unrivaled. Yes, we are the jack of all trades, master of none but at least I'm not bored stuck doing the same role every day like other classes.

My complaints about the class are that everybody else gets a cool, unique max level baseline ability each expansion except for us.

and

Symbiosis sounds cool but requires a second account in order to even be used so it's useless for leveling 1-90, questing, Brawler's Guild, ... every aspect of solo play. At least let me cast it on an npc or something.
Druids are beyond amazing..

Simply reroll.. lmfao.
I love my druid. A lot.
Have you ever heard of this recent invention called reforging? Give it a shot, you may like it...
>Complains and wants to punish his male genitalia because he dislikes this class.
>Levels to 90 regardless of these feelings.

So, troll ...or ...?
12/05/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Vaedin
So, troll ...or ...?

To be fair, if he didn't have a 90 druid, you would be mentioning that he's never tried it.

Not that the guy isn't wrong or anything. Plus, minus points for not saying udderly. Minus more for being worgen. And minus a million for being alliance scum.
12/05/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Nobody
So, troll ...or ...?

To be fair, if he didn't have a 90 druid, you would be mentioning that he's never tried it.

Not that the guy isn't wrong or anything. Plus, minus points for not saying udderly. Minus more for being worgen. And minus a million for being alliance scum.

Nah if he leveled a Druid to at least 20-30 to see if it picked up I would have left it at that, you don't need to level a class to 90 to figure out you don't like how it plays, at least that's how I see it.
Definitely reroll.

As of MoP the ONLY class that I enjoy playing is Druid.