A friend was just offered Brawlers Guild Pass

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 18 Next
Yea people complain about 70k gold but 70k doesnt seem terrible anyways anymore cause if you think about it when in bc and vanilla 1-2k gold ment you were like rich only in wotlk did 15-50k become relevant to most and with cata and mop 100k plus is wat people see and expect some stuff to sell for a minimum of 30k gold and then again when stuff is put out like vendor mats costing 18k or 8k whichever it may be yea there are gunna be huge inflations from the crafter/ or farmer
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you.

Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!

I thought you designed the invite system like you did because this type of content isn't instanced and if everyone got in with no barrier to entry the queue to even do it would be months?
12/02/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Lysium
All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

Working as intended.
I will join the Brawler's Guild when there is no gold outlay whatsoever.
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you.

Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!

It would have a tight knit feel to it if CRZ wasn't enabled. This is one place I thought it was about the servers community not waiting for some guy on another server to get killed by Bruce the Crokilisk.

Underground feeling is not created with CRZ making it a giant mass clusterduck with gold being the tool keeping people out in the first place.

Underground and rich only dont EVER go together in a sentence EVER.
There are like 5-10 people in the Brawler's Guild here at any given time, and there's no CRZ. Not sure what people are talking about unless CRZ is kicking in at 1-5 people. If that's the case, there's not much of a server community there anyway, and that'll get fixed soon enough as people get invites very shortly.

Honestly, people probably just heard the CRZ thing from one source and are using it as a point to harp on it without actually checking their own guild.
Some people are just greedy. Once I got rank 7 I just gave it to a friend who thought it looked cool but couldn't afford the pass. Not all people are jerks.
12/02/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Brennvin
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it.

Which is why it has CRZ enabled. Nothing says "tight knit" or "underground" like having 100+ people from servers that aren't you're own all spamming high level particle effect toys (like flares) around the arena to try and disconnect whoever is fighting currently.

12/02/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Brennvin
This only happens when the number of participants is really low, and is also due to the fact that not many guild invites have yet to be distributed. As the guild grows, the participant numbers will stabilize and it's likely to automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

It doesn't matter why it happens, the point is that it is happening and as such trying to spin it as being "intended" to be close knit doesn't mesh with the reality of the situation. It was explained in Zarhym's thread why people are annoyed by that, and the subsequent spin that followed, so having the same line reposted here isn't going to fare any better than it did the first.
12/02/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Nassin
Even if Alliance wanted to kill them, and could do so without being facerolled by 10x our number, if we try to tag one, they taunt it and run off and reset it.

Horde can't taunt the Alliance rares because the three that drop them for us are flagged as friendly.

I'm also wishing they were a bit more available, but please be a little more informed about the situation.
12/02/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Brennvin
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in.

I don't think the people who designed the guild thought about the fact that buying gold is not 'tough' or 'hard' to do at all.

I know of a person who buys gold in order to get stuff like this. I doubt he is the only one.

The invitation should not be purchasable with gold, it should have to be EARNED. Many, many, many people who have items with a large price tag in game did not actually earn the gold themselves....they bought it.

I will not be saving up gold to buy this invitation...I will wait to get one from a friend or I will farm the rares when they aren't being camped as much. It will take me longer to get in than other players, but I don't feel that promoting gold buying is a good thing.
I bet blizzard was thinking people would be like "oh hey I bet you're good here let me invite you..."

thats absurd. It will always remain a commodity that is sold, skill is irrelevant and gold has nothing to do with skill 90% of the time:

I don't think the people who designed the guild thought about the fact that buying gold is not 'tough' or 'hard' to do at all.

Took the words out of my mouth
12/02/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Nassin
As we've stated in the past, we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it. So for now, it's going to be a lot tougher to get in. I'm sure you have other friends who would be willing to give you an invite for free or very cheap if they had one. As membership grows in the guild, so will the chance of one of them getting invited and having one to share with you. Keep in mind, invites also occasionally drop from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Good luck!

Even if Alliance wanted to kill them, and could do so without being facerolled by 10x our number, if we try to tag one, they taunt it and run off and reset it.

GG Blizz.

Did you know that the rare Horde NPCs are friendly to Horde players, much like all the Horde NPCs in the zone?

Is it possible to taunt friendly NPCs into attacking you?

Do just like talking out of your !@# without having any real idea of what's going on?
There are like 5-10 people in the Brawler's Guild here at any given time, and there's no CRZ. Not sure what people are talking about unless CRZ is kicking in at 1-5 people. If that's the case, there's not much of a server community there anyway, and that'll get fixed soon enough as people get invites very shortly.

Honestly, people probably just heard the CRZ thing from one source and are using it as a point to harp on it without actually checking their own guild.

There was some CRZ involved in it the first couple days, but it seems to either have had its threshhold before CRZ stops kicking in lowered significantly or removed entirely during one of the server resets right after the patch.