A friend was just offered Brawlers Guild Pass

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 18 Next
12/02/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Honorata
There was some CRZ involved in it the first couple days, but it seems to either have had its threshhold before CRZ stops kicking in lowered significantly or removed entirely during one of the server resets right after the patch.

It's progress. Now if only they'd get around to fixing the capital cities.
If you don't want to pay for it, then go farm it. Don't expect it to just be handed to you. The rares are 35-1 hour spawn times, 3 of them. 2.5% drop rate. I farmed for 16 hours straight and got my invite. 47 kills. Some get it quicker, others don't. Hop on it.
12/02/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Brennvin
So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

Everybody that wants to experience it will be able to at some point. Initially though, it's going to grow over time.

The same could have been said for raids. When the level cap raises the raid becomes available to everyone and they get to experience it at some point.

I honestly don't know what to make of your company anymore.
12/02/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Blackwand
Its for an elite few (with 70k gold+) sounds like someone is giving gold dealers a lot of business , Houston we have a problem.

Elite few? I farmed some herbs for 2 weeks and made 60K from the AH by selling inks. And FYI I never farmed for more than an hour at a time.
12/02/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Napkiin
The same could have been said for raids. When the level cap raises the raid becomes available to everyone and they get to experience it at some point.

Waiting two weeks to see content =/= waiting two years to experience content. Horrid analogy. Invite prices on the BMAH are already plummeting, and they were never very high, to begin with.

You can think that they still are and will continue to be one of the best video game producers of all time. Or whatever you want, honestly.
Anyone willing to pay 70k for this thing has got to be one of the biggest schmucks on this big world. If they have as much real money as they have gold to spend in, I have a bridge I'd like to sell them. Its an honest deal I swear.

Here's some interesting bits of data that a lot of folks are ignoring:

A: 10 invites will pop up on the BMAH EVERY DAY, FOREVER AND EVER. That's 300 invites per month, that's 3600 PER YEAR. Given that each expansion pack will last for about 2 years, this means Brawlers Guild will throw 7200 INVITES FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF MISTS OF PANDARIA. Factor in that if each and every single one of these is sold, and used, and each of these players reach rank 7, we're looking at a grand total of 14400 INVITES TOTAL OVER THE SPAN OF TWO YEARS. In case you don't realize it, that's well over twice the population of most realms.

B: Even excluding the truly ludicrous amount of invites going up on BMAH every day, there's the rares. Sure they are farmed NOW but if you honestly, TRULY believe those eeeevuuull "elitist" guilds who want a monopoly on the invite will spend the rest of their lives online 24-7 camping the rares, again I have a bridge IRL I want to sell you. As with all things in life, they will MOVE ON, once there's newer content to do, once there's new raids to perform, once their bodies collapse from exhaustion over the consequences that camping 3 mobs on a 60 minute respawn timer implies.

This is just a new feature that happens to be a novelty, it doesn't reward progression, epics, mounts, tabards, nada. It barely rewards a pet (that isn't even that good) and an heirloom (that for reasons I can't fathom still doesn't scale past 80)

Once the shiny wears off, those EVVUUUULL campers will move on to camp the newest hot rare that is sure to come up in future patches/expansions (Remember the fancy 4.2 rares in the Molten Front? how they were camped mercilessly and as a hunter it was borderline impossible to get one? yeah, not so impossible now).

For posterity I screenshotted the BMAH on 5.1 launch day to see just how stupid people would be with the bidding. Several invites went up for well over 60k. Here we are on Sunday, 5 days later. Highest bid? 20k.

That's right, its not even a week and the price on BMAH is already down by 50%.

If you REALLY BELIEVE that in 1 year or 2 years, or 5 years (remember this isn't going anywhere) they will still cost 70k. I can't emphasize how badly I wanna sell my bridge to you, its a real bargain, it'll cost only 4000 USD and you'll make Thrice as much in less than a week, I swear.

(*) Disclaimer: I'm being sarcastic, there is no bridge. If someone offers to sell you a bridge they're scamming you. If they offer to give you a bridge for free its also a scam.

My one gripe with this thing is the CRZ. Sure sure blizz has told us that "as the brawler's guild population rises they'll disable it" but it will never rise. This is a niche novelty at best, one that after you reach the max rank, achieve the paltry 7 (I think its 7) achievements it has, and obtain the meager rewards it gives, it stops being worth the time to do. Its not like it even takes long to reach higher ranks, I've participated in it for less than 3 days, and I'm already rank 5, and no, I haven't been there for 50+ hours, you'd be amazed at how empty it is at 7 am :P
I put mine in the AH with a starting price of 20k. It sat there for 24 hours with no bids.
I then spammed Trade directly all Friday night and all Saturday that I was taking any offers.

Than I gave it to my best friend in game after I got not a SINGLE tell of interest after trying for 60 hours to get some of my gold back that I spent the first day.

Just because someone says they want X amount, doesn't mean they will get it.

They are now going in the BMAH for about 8k on my server. I suspect in 2 weeks, it will be under 1k.

In my opinion, Blizzard flooded the market to much. They should have just sold the first 10 on day one, and left it at that.

Agreed, my guild got together and took turns farming the rares. Then when one person got it it took him a while to get rank 7 because of queues but he got it and gave it to someone else and now queues are very short and we easily get rank 7 within a couple hours and everyone in our guild should have one within a week mostly due to just getting rank 7s but also from the spawn and bmah.

I agree with the fact that their are too many, i tried selling my first but was only getting 5k offers which is lame.

Everybody that wants to experience it will be able to at some point. Initially though, it's going to grow over time.

Oh they always double standard these days. They want some stuff to be exclusive for a very select few and later after it slowly dies out the others can do it, but oh wait CRZ will kick in and the "tight knit" group won't be so tight.

They have become more shady from Wrath on with explanations. Look at the 1yr sign-up how they said access to the beta. Most took it as instant access, but noooo it was handled in a way that angered their customers.
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

lol I am not offering any more than 5k. 70k is like 40k more than the BMAH lol
12/02/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Brennvin
So, you're creating content that you don't want everyone to experience, but rather just a select "tight-knit" group? But wait, wasn't hardcore raiding, like Sunwell, butchered because you didn't want to create content that not everyone has access too? I'm failing to see the difference.

But it was the same situation with raiding -- people saw it over time...just not right away.

o_O
12/02/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Elementas
If you don't want to pay for it, then go farm it. Don't expect it to just be handed to you. The rares are 35-1 hour spawn times, 3 of them. 2.5% drop rate. I farmed for 16 hours straight and got my invite. 47 kills. Some get it quicker, others don't. Hop on it.

Grats you have no life.
Amongst MoP getting surprisingly stale rather quickly, and this as a reason I have unsubscribed. I was a super fan boi..But idk I just seem to be turned off by blizzard recently and this is a reason that I add to it. MoP burnt out too quickly for me. I was a huge advocate for how amazing MoP would be and I have had a constant sub for over 2 years and have played since BC total.

It's bad that I am feeling nostalgia for cataclysm. That's bad. Moreso the start of cata, but still. Having nostalgic feelings.
for 70k gold...

I thought this system wasn't going to breed elitism. All this does is help the rich get richer and create a worse community than we already have.

Huh?.... how does someone selling the ticket for 70k mean all that?

I could sell ( try to sell ) a "rough stone" for 100k gold . That suddenly creates a horrible community?... i'm sorry, i don't see the link here.