Blood soaked invitation

General Discussion
Post Limit:
^ well I'm just gona move on if its gona be that D*** easy/ hard to get stolen from/ or to get it to drop (8hr of farming rares) I'd rather just wait for a guildie to get it ( got other stuff to do so no new content for me I guess)
I saw the troll mob spawn yesterday. Right as I go to place a Faerie Fire on it, a Pally comes in and drops a judgement on it, and got the tag.

I wanted to be mad at first, but I suppose he got it fairly. He just happened to be faster.
11/28/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Maladomini
I think it's hilarious that people getting invites have one thing in their mind.. making money off of it. Screams volumes for the actual quality of the guild itself.

What else would it be good for to someone who doesn't care about getting into the Champagne Room?
Well this wasn't that they were faster it was they used a mechanic to take something from someone else with full knowledge what it would do. They just happen to catch me at the worst possible time and got an item I spent half the day farming.
11/28/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Zerfal
Well this wasn't that they were faster it was they used a mechanic to take something from someone else with full knowledge what it would do. They just happen to catch me at the worst possible time and got an item I spent half the day farming.

Now if they fairly got the tag I wouldn't be upset but I got to instead sit there and watch this guys slingshot a rare off me and steal an Item of mine due to the fact that I've killed that chick 6 or so times I think I'm fairly accurate in that. But any ways Blizz isn't going to just hand me a invite there's no way to prove or disprove besides asking the 2 other players that seen it happen. It's what ever just doggs me for now.
I do believe I just witnessed a forum glitch...

Îpmân
90 Pandaren Monk
Bajheeras Army

11/27/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Were you just killing random guards or what?

The invitations don't drop from guards; they come from certain rare spawn Horde and Alliance npcs.

Which horde rare's drop them?

SGTKOOLAID
why is installing from the dvd so damn dirt fugging slow??
5/15/2012

captures of the last 2 posters I see... skipping from poster 18 to 51, with sgtkoolaid being a post from 5/15/2012... anyone else just experience this, or just me?

It has been happening when someone is trying to post and the thread gets deleted before they hit the submit button. The post they intended for the deleted thread gets posted in the next one they open.

Though that does not really explain the date problem. Hmmm.
Over 50 kills of the rares and 0 invites.

Rng herp
11/27/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Gilgámesh
Well I was hoping there was so way I could make money off of it, is there really no way?

Sell invites when you get them.
ive killed each of these rares probably 5 times today and no invitation
rank 7 is needed before u can sell your invite
but all u get is gray trash and 1 pet oh and a boa fist weapon
11/27/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Vail

Well, you could do Brawler's Guild and try to get to the requisite rank when you can invite another player, then sell that invitation, which is an unbound item that you can sell, trade or gift to a friend.

Yaaaay. Content only people with hundreds of thousands of gold lying around will ever see.

Thanks.

this. very frustrating that you have to pay tens of thousands of gold just to play content that we paid for with real life dollars. Monthly subs, paid upgrades to mop. that wasn't cheap ya know... Blizzard really screwed up on this one.
11/27/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Were you just killing random guards or what?

The invitations don't drop from guards; they come from certain rare spawn Horde and Alliance npcs.

i killed one with my bro, and he didn't drop the invitation. T_T

so, a rare drop from a rare spawn....sigh.
this. very frustrating that you have to pay tens of thousands of gold just to play content that we paid for with real life dollars. Monthly subs, paid upgrades to mop. that wasn't cheap ya know... Blizzard really screwed up on this one.

Oh don't worry, it's frustrating for the people who have the gold to spend, too.

The queue to brawl was over an hour last night. I mean, I guess it's cool yelling at people that get chomped by Bruce, but I didn't know any of them, because it was twelve servers mashed together.
are the invites account wide or just for the toon you get it on?
Wowhead is putting the drop rate at between 4 and 9 percent depending on which mob you kill it could be higher or lower but in that range. It did seem as if the kills the h0rde are able to make gets a higher percentage drop chance.

Right now the invites are selling for 20 to 30K gold on the black market auction house on Medivh, put in a bit at 12k and that was it for me. . . 30K to get into the brawlers guild or find a rare spawn that will actually drop this.

Better off having it drop from a heroic raid boss and be a 100% chance of drop.
I was really looking forward to this. I read about this off the websites talking about a single player style arena you can do by yourself to test yourself. I don't raid much, run a few instance everyone once and awhile. Mostly do dailies and story for the game now a days. And those burn out rather fast. I just get tired of the endless grinding.

Then this comes to servers, and it's gated by either a low drop rate off mobs you have to camp all day long, or off the BMAH to which I'm up against people on my server that all have more money than I do because they play this grind more and sell more than me.

I'm not even angry at Blizz to be honest, I'm just really sad and kind of disappointed in these turn of events. I probably won't be sticking with the game for very much longer. The Brawler's Guild would have actually kept me around for longer. I just don't have the desire to compete against all this anymore.

Bliizard, from a fan and customer who's played this for so long, when you implement a side thing for people to do rather than end game or instance or daily grind, don't bar it like this again. Do something else. Then some of us might feel like we can actually be a part of something awesome, rather than sit on the side lines because we don't have the desire to go churn out weeks of work just so we can have the chance of joining in the fun. :(
Yaaaay. Content only people with hundreds of thousands of gold lying around will ever see.

Thanks.

Be silent peasant!
11/29/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Paranoia

Oh don't worry, it's frustrating for the people who have the gold to spend, too.

The queue to brawl was over an hour last night. I mean, I guess it's cool yelling at people that get chomped by Bruce, but I didn't know any of them, because it was twelve servers mashed together.

I rather complain about being in queue than complaining about how invites go for 100k+ on the BMAH, or that theres guilds of jackwagons with parties at all spawns virtualy all day.

On top of that theres the dealing with the same folks taunting the mobs away untill they reset and then tagging.

So yeah queues aren't as bad as what many folks are dealing with trying to get into this gated event.