Hey Blizzard thanks for Operation: Shieldwall

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Doing dailys is a gratifying and thoroughly enjoyable experience on a PvP server where the Horde outnumbers Alliance 10:1.

I can usually squeak out my dailys within the 24 hour reset period.

Keep it up!

Well mostly Alliance outnumbers Horde, except on PvP servers.

But yeah, this is the problem with world PvP.

I think some combination of CRZ-phasing in opposite faction players on imbalanced zones (or doing a better job of that) and/or providing NPC buffs if a zone's population is currently out of whack could help this.
Made me laugh. :P
Your point is still very stupid. Mal'ganis alliance use to be fun, then faction transfers ruined the server and now it's pretty much all horde. Do you know when the OP joined that server? Was it yesterday? Oh you don't? They why are you claiming that being zerged down 20v1 is what the OP had in mind when it's a pvp server?

When I first started playing in Feb '06 the PvP servers at the time were mostly balanced and my roommate played on a PvP server. Me and my wife (at the time) chose to roll on PvE servers due to the fact that we knew this situation would become possible very easily not with faction changes etc. but just with more people joining the game and choosing what server to play on.

I actually quite enjoy world PvP but I also like to choose when I do PvP so PvE was the right choice for me. Obviously a PvP server was not the right choice for the OP.
11/30/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Somaliu
Your point is still very stupid. Mal'ganis alliance use to be fun, then faction transfers ruined the server and now it's pretty much all horde. Do you know when the OP joined that server? Was it yesterday? Oh you don't? They why are you claiming that being zerged down 20v1 is what the OP had in mind when it's a pvp server?

When I first started playing in Feb '06 the PvP servers at the time were mostly balanced and my roommate played on a PvP server. Me and my wife (at the time) chose to roll on PvE servers due to the fact that we knew this situation would become possible very easily not with faction changes etc. but just with more people joining the game and choosing what server to play on.

I actually quite enjoy world PvP but I also like to choose when I do PvP so PvE was the right choice for me. Obviously a PvP server was not the right choice for the OP.

You're still making zero sense, your argument is REALLY bad. World PvP is fun when you have a chance, but after faction transfers a lot of pvp servers went to crap. Just because you are a PvE baby doesn't mean anything. Faction transfers started in 2009, and because of that massively imbalanced realms have become a problem. This leads to dead faction and more players who quit because being zerged down every time you go out into the world isn't fun.

So instead of trying to sweep every problem under the rug, try to look at them. You're pretty much suggesting that everyone on an imbalanced server should go to a PvE server.
It might be worth looking into various wow census sites and finding a pvp server with a more balanced population.

Given how much time people spend on their mains, spending 30 bucks to make the experience better via server transfer is a good investment.
So instead of trying to sweep every problem under the rug, try to look at them. You're pretty much suggesting that everyone on an imbalanced server should go to a PvE server.

I in no way implied that. I'm saying those that complain about PvP happening on a PvP server should not be on the server.

There is a PvP solution to every single problem. For instance, why did all the alliance leave the OPs server ? Was the community so horrible that they thought the grass would be greener on the other side ? Did they have friends that played on the other side and want to join them ? etc. etc. Instead of coming here and complaining about the situation and showing any concern about actually brainstorming ways to fix this perceived issue the OP went on a sarcastic rant which just shows they have no want to have it fixed.

What is stopping the OP (and others that want to play PvP) from re-rolling on a new server where the faction balances are better ? What is stopping them from trying to encourage their friends to come and join their faction on their current server to help fix the problem ? Why is it Blizzard's responsibility to fix the OP's Problem ? This is a social game and making friends and encouraging your friends to play with you, on your server, is part of that. I have a few friends that now play on the same server as me who did not before. I have characters on many (including a few PvP servers) servers where I went to join people I know.

I probably wouldn't have even posted if the OP had worded a constructive feedback / suggestion thread instead of just ranting.
If you are on a pvp server, you really don't have anything to complain about. PVP and dailies are like best buds going back.... well I think forever.
Attention Duelists! My hair is tingling with the echoes of whiny people on pvp servers complaining about pvp.
so pvp happened on a pvp server?
11/30/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Veratul

How do you call getting killed 10:1 pvp?

Yes.
You chose to be Alliance.

You chose to play on a PvP server.

Enough of this whining.
11/30/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Veratul

How do you call getting killed 10:1 pvp?

From the game guide.

PvP Player Versus Player
For players who seek out a challenge. Role-play is still optional, but opposite faction players can attack you almost anywhere, and at all times. Be on your guard.

Opposite faction players can attack you almost anywhere...

Does not say 'hey it will always be a fair fight because you need us to hold you hand' it just says that you will be engaged anytime, almost anywhere in Player vs Player battles. 1v1, 100v1 or whatever is still player vs. player neither of the sides is not a player.
11/30/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Somaliu
What is stopping the OP (and others that want to play PvP) from re-rolling on a new server where the faction balances are better ? What is stopping them from trying to encourage their friends to come and join their faction on their current server to help fix the problem ? Why is it Blizzard's responsibility to fix the OP's Problem ?

So Blizzard allows for faction imbalance to hit 10:1 or more on several hi pop servers, makes an expansion that supposedly promotes wpvp knowing that greater than 10:1 ratios exist and the solution for the players on those realms is to either deal with the imbalance or pay to go somewhere else?

On the other side of the coin, if I want to have meaningful wpvp and I'm on the 10:1 side, what's the solution? I'm paying to be on a pvp server, I want wpvp, but all I can find is one ally being camped by 10 players from my faction. Guess I have to pay $25 to go somewhere more fun?
On the other side of the coin, if I want to have meaningful wpvp and I'm on the 10:1 side, what's the solution? I'm paying to be on a pvp server, I want wpvp, but all I can find is one ally being camped by 10 players from my faction. Guess I have to pay $25 to go somewhere more fun?

Or try to encourage people to come play the other faction on your server. Just because they are the enemy does not mean they can't be your RL friend. And re-rolling is still free.