Grid and PoH

Priest
Im using grid but finding the groups shown on Grid, are different to the groups shown in the raid Tab. so for instance if i move all the melee (lets say 3 dps and 2 tanks for instance) into group 1 in the raid tab. Grid still shows some of those members in other groups.

and since PoH only heals people in the same group, its just a bit of a head !@#$ when your looking at it mid raid.

does any one know a way of making grid match the raid tab.
I've noticed this, grid has a lot of problems (at least for me anyway) it doesn't show pom, grace. pain suppresion ar when people are under my barrier ive downloaded addons for grace and stuff but it still doesnt work :S maybe im just slow
Certain actions are 'protected' so they can't happen in combat. One of them is re-arranging the raid. So if you swap players between groups in combat, any unitframe mod except for Blizzard's will be unable to properly display it until after combat is over. Normally this isn't a big deal because you don't swap your raid groups around mid-fight.

As for showing PoM/Grace/whatever, that's a matter of properly setting it up (a non-trivial task). Grid will properly display all that if you've got the right options set.
12/04/2012 05:58 AMPosted by Medeyn
As for showing PoM/Grace/whatever, that's a matter of properly setting it up (a non-trivial task). Grid will properly display all that if you've got the right options set.

yea i figured you had to be able to do it, i had pom showing up once.... im using some grid corners plugin to show extra icons in the corners, maybe its bcoz of that :S
12/04/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Sâshagrey
I've noticed this, grid has a lot of problems (at least for me anyway) it doesn't show pom, grace. pain suppresion ar when people are under my barrier ive downloaded addons for grace and stuff but it still doesnt work :S maybe im just slow

Grid (or grid2) doesn't show much out of the box. You're intended to go add what you want to see and how you want to see it.
You'll want to get a lot of other addons for grid. Search for GridStatus and GridIndicators to see all the addons named similarly, like GridIndicatorsSideIcons etc.

You may also want to add your own auras manually. I can definitely see prayer of mending along with how many jumps are left (using an icon with the text set to stack numbers). You can add in any auras you want, since it only comes with the basic ones added.

As far as people not being in the correct group, I'm not sure. I've used grid since BC, and I've never encountered that. Go to the layout tab and make sure that the layout size for the type of raid you're in is at least big enough. For consistency of positioning, I have 10-man and 25-man raids set to 25-man group layouts, for example. But if the 25-man option is set to 10-man groups, you'll only ever see groups 1 and 2. Or if 10-man is set to 5-man, you'll only ever see group 1.
bb
Certain actions are 'protected' so they can't happen in combat. One of them is re-arranging the raid. So if you swap players between groups in combat, any unitframe mod except for Blizzard's will be unable to properly display it until after combat is over. Normally this isn't a big deal because you don't swap your raid groups around mid-fight.

i did not mean move players mid fight. i meant it sucks mid fight, having to remember that the rogue and warrior in group1, will be healed with the warlock druid and DK in group 2 when i use PoH on any of them. i want to be able to look at group 2 on grid. and know my PoH is going to heal all of those players IN THAT LINE ON GRID.

if i didnt make it clear enough the first time. WHEN you put players into groups in the RAID WINDOW TAB grid just shuffles them around again on your raid frame.

thats the issue im talking about.
12/05/2012 03:44 AMPosted by Myxxomatosis
i did not mean move players mid fight. i meant it sucks mid fight, having to remember that the rogue and warrior in group1, will be healed with the warlock druid and DK in group 2 when i use PoH on any of them. i want to be able to look at group 2 on grid. and know my PoH is going to heal all of those players IN THAT LINE ON GRID.

This sounds like another configuration issue. There are various ways to display players in both Blizzard raid frames and Grid. For example, you can probably display players grouped by role (not entirely sure - I play a Priest, so its always grouped-by-group for me) or grouped by class. You just have to dig through the various options to get it set up how you like.
i cant find anything to re arrange the group in the settings besides vertical groups and horizontal. and the groups are still shuffled from the raid tab.
Do you have it set as "25/40 by Class" and not "25/40 by Group"? That's usually the culprit.
holy fK. thats got to be it. thanks Zamboozie you are a lad