servers up, no new pets?

Pet Battles
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
Had a friend who had an alt camping the dry hills site for Harpy Younglings, supposedly several spawned right as servers came up, i have not seen any in an hour and a half of camping, and i seem to be alone until just now.
Not a damn single one of those new pets should be a rare spawner. They were specifically added because they're from families that didn't have enough pets, after all. However, keep in mind that because they're new they're going to be camped to hell and back. Also, with spawns being spaced out, we can no longer expect large numbers of pets right after server restarts. Even if they spawned fairly quickly, the demand could make them endangered species. I'd give it a day or two to see if they're available in sane amounts.
This has to be a bug.
The new pets are on fairly long spawn timers, and are randomized (i.e. will not spawn on server restart). We've confirmed they have been spawning on some realms, so just keep an eye out!
11/27/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Bashiok
The new pets are on fairly long spawn timers, and are randomized (i.e. will not spawn on server restart). We've confirmed they have been spawning on some realms, so just keep an eye out!

And what about the experience nerf for pet battles, tamers, everything? It's a bit insane to say the least...

Secondly what's the point of long spawn timers if you guys wanted certain pet types to be more represented. Honestly
Boo....but ty on the update, good to know they are spawning =)
11/27/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Bashiok

Is "some" realms rather than all the realms working as intended? Which special realms are these so I can go make alts on them?
11/27/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Sesamee

Is "some" realms rather than all the realms working as intended? Which special realms are these so I can go make alts on them?

They're random, so they're not going to spawn on every realm at the same time. So yeah, working as intended.
11/27/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Bashiok

They're random, so they're not going to spawn on every realm at the same time. So yeah, working as intended.

Want to comment about the xp changes?
I got an Eye from Deadwind,a new Pandaria pet, and an infinite whelpling. They look to be pretty heavily camped and are not dirt common spawns. +3 of the new raid pets :)
Oh, no, more Minfernals :/
I put alts from two servers on the various spawnpoints. Thus far I have caught (in some quality, not all rare) everything but the Anodized Cub and Fluxfire Feline. Haven't gone to look for any of the new wild ones in Pandaria yet. They ARE out there, you just need to be patient with the camping or else have good timing (logging in when one is up.)
Just saw harpies on Argent Dawn, Nexus Whelps on Elune. So yeah, sporadic.

I know where my alts will be for the next little bit.
Anyone else find it odd the eye in deadwind spawns by itself and it is level 17.

Pretty much this. I'm almost fine with Minfernal spawns (yeah it sucks Extremely bad), but the huge exp nerf really cuts the pet battling fun by at least 50% minimum.

Cutting experience gains isn't necessary at all and max level pet battling will suffer a lot more for it.
11/27/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Bashiok

With all the frustration that stemmed from the Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling spawns I'm surprised you guys chose to take a similar route with the brand new pets. A heads up so your customers didn't get too excited would have been nice.

Pretty much this. I'm almost fine with Minfernal spawns (yeah it sucks Extremely bad), but the huge exp nerf really cuts the pet battling fun by at least 50% minimum.

Cutting experience gains isn't necessary at all and max level pet battling will suffer a lot more for it.

In particular when the only advertised changes where buffs(panda tamers/pvp)
I believe these pets are similar to Scorpling-level of rarity. Maybe not even as much. When I first logged on, I could not find any, but a few hours later after going back a few times I have found 1 or 2 of most of the spawns up. I've managed to get at least a poor quality of all the new wild pets except the fluxfire feline and the green proto (but mainly because I haven't checked for that one yet.)

They ARE in game, chances are that they're just getting swooped up quickly because they're new, but the spawn timer might be a couple of hours.
Dearest Bashiok: Do any of the pets have mechanics on them, like the diemetradons in Un'goro? It would be interesting to say...break eggs in Sholozar and have a chance of spawning a green protodrake (rarely, as they're a mutation of the reds).

Or are ALL of the pets simply on spawn timers? Are they all long spawn timers? I appreciate you might not want to give out all or any of the information, but it would be nice to know what you can tell us.
11/27/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Hearus
In particular when the only advertised changes where buffs(panda tamers/pvp)

This is the sticking point for me....I was looking forward to this patch for the buffs that were coming, only to feel like everything got nerfed across the board. Like a previous poster said, I'm fine with the hard-to-get spawns....it gives me time to catch up on other things while I camp them out. But there were days that I enjoyed just leveling pets up, and now it is excruciatingly slow that it is no longer fun.

Coupled with the fact that I haven't seen one battle stone after battling close to 50 pets now, and my frustration level is getting rather high.