servers up, no new pets?

Pet Battles
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
Anyone have any luck with the Fluxfire Feline yet? I've been hovering for hours now and haven't seen a single one.
I've seen 2 total across a half dozen servers. I received a rare-upgrade mechanical stone early on, so I just caught a poor and made it a rare, but yeah, I've heard that that one and the bear are some of the rarest.
11/28/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Ronbeargundy
I've seen 2 total across a half dozen servers. I received a rare-upgrade mechanical stone early on, so I just caught a poor and made it a rare, but yeah, I've heard that that one and the bear are some of the rarest.

Ah, okay, so perhaps that's the issue. Extreme rarity. I would have thought one would have spawned by now. I've been hovering north of three hours in this spot.
I don't know about you guys but I'm not too fussed with the spawn rate.
I know they will be hard to come by,and i will get them eventualy....and that will make them all the more special to me knowing they are hard to get...not just another grassland hopper :P
I know they will be hard to come by,and i will get them eventualy....and that will make them all the more special to me knowing they are hard to get...not just another grassland hopper :P
We already had those. They were called Minfernals, Fel Flames, and Scourged Whelps. They were the bane of most players, and the community largely agreed that CRZ phasing and poor spawn times did not make for intriguing pet battles. We have better things to do than camp Winterspring for many hours, or continuously check alts. At least, I do. It doesn't feel special or make me proud. It feels like a pain in the rump.
11/28/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Xanzül
Why do they have long timers? Isn't' the point to have more magic and other rarer pet types available earlier in the game?

The key word is rare. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

What? I'm honestly not sure if you're joking or confused. If more pets were added to make them available earlier this would be the same as making them less rare. In other words, moving towards equalizing the family availability and making more kinds of pets viable earlier. But if you only add them in long spawn timers it doesn't address that lack of diversity which I thought was one of the goals of this patch.
Due to work limitations, I had to come into MoP a bit late, I finally finished up my leveling to get with the rest of my guild and I finally got to sink my teeth into pet battles.

I really enjoyed them.

But this EXP nerf... oh my GOD. I feel like I am screwed so hard because I didn't level up everything I could before the patch, this feels more painful that a full leveling to 99 in Pokemon.

I mean, I don't even see why it happened. Ok, so you saw pet leveling as fast, but what does that REALLY matter? You can only carry 3 into battle, so it's not like someone with 100 25's could stomp everything.

It doesn't matter if the amount of 25's they had let them basically just swap out the pets who die, it's a whole 10 silver to res your pets and free every 8 minutes.

You gave us like 650 pet slots, obviously you desire us to play the minigame to it's maximum, so what the hell did it hurt if someone had a lot of 25's?
EXP nerf is a bug, as I suspected. Can't say "buffing trainer xp" then nerf it to 100.

so ok, bug? Bug. If not bug, dead community, then Blizzard says "bug" so we all go back to enjoying outselve.

Cynicism, the poor mans margerine.
We already had those. They were called Minfernals, Fel Flames, and Scourged Whelps. They were the bane of most players, and the community largely agreed that CRZ phasing and poor spawn times did not make for intriguing pet battles. We have better things to do than camp Winterspring for many hours, or continuously check alts. At least, I do. It doesn't feel special or make me proud. It feels like a pain in the rump.

If you have better things to do then you just won't get that pet. Some pets are going to be difficult to get. You don't deserve to have them spawn at your leisure because you don't have time to play this game or the time it takes to get rarer things.

If you have better things to do then you just won't get that pet. Some pets are going to be difficult to get. You don't deserve to have them spawn at your leisure because you don't have time to play this game or the time it takes to get rarer things.
You sound like those elitist raiders who think only they should get gear. Only those staring at Kara for several hours on end deserve eyes? Sure buddy. That sounds right. i am sinking my time into checking every spawn I need every hour or so, and I am getting them. My success doesn't mean I agree with how this was handled.

You sound like those elitist raiders who think only they should get gear. Only those staring at Kara for several hours on end deserve eyes? Sure buddy. That sounds right. i am sinking my time into checking every spawn I need every hour or so, and I am getting them. My success doesn't mean I agree with how this was handled.

No, it has nothing to do with being an elitist. It has to do with rarity.

You're basically saying that nothing should be rare and that every new pet/mount/whatever they add needs to be a handout to everyone simply because they have other things to do and cannot invest as much time as people who do to get those items.

You don't earn achievements in ANY game by complaining that you don't have the time to do them. You earn the achievement by making time. If you can't, the pet is simply not for you. How hard is this to understand?
I haven't camped at all and have an Uncommon or above for all except Fluxfire Feline and Emerald Proto-Whelp (have Common).

Sure, yesterday, I could barely find one or two but what do you expect for the first day with everyone rushing? Today, I've found plenty of everything! I did circles and circles worth of Nexus Whelplings (was finishing every battle for chance of stones) before I got my Rare. There was even another person there but I never had downtime between battles beyond flying to the next spawn. Had about 30 Infinite Whelps, Harpys, Yetis, Raptors, Eyes, Librams. When spawns ran out I would just go somewhere else and then come back later.

I have a Rare Nexus, Stunted Yeti, Kun-Lai Runt and Lofty Libram. I expect it to take time to get the things I want.
Can anyone provide a link as to where a blue, be it dev, community manager or whatever stated that these new pets are suppose to be rare? Bashiok just stated that they're on long respawn timers but nothing to indicate that the pets are suppose to be rare or prestige pets. Just getting bored of the trolls and boot lickers repeating buzzwords about "They're meant to be rare!" to justify this pants on head retarded decision.
11/28/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Selenora
Anyone have any luck with the Fluxfire Feline yet? I've been hovering for hours now and haven't seen a single one.

I snagged one on my night elf druid not long ago. Did a sweep of the greenish part of New Tinkertown, saw nothing but a snow cub. Then one popped up, but it was poor. Caged it. noticed a level 90 tauren hunter shooting everything in sight (critters and quest mobs alike), boggled at him, did another sweep - a second paw, and it was common. Caged THAT one, and a third spawned right by me, and that one was rare. Caged it, tossed the other two, and /thanked the tauren before I left.

What makes you think you will get them eventually?

Except for the spirit bear, I've looked for the other Northrend spirit pets for years now and haven't found them.

I've spent a good 25 hours looking for the giraffe, 20+ hours camping for Minfernal and haven't even seen one yet, much less compete for it with others there.

I've spent hours upon hours of camping pets/hunter pets surfing the web on my laptop while I just sit there and wait on my desktop. Being frustrated with Minfernal and Giraffe, I'm to the point of not caring for pet battles anymore. Collecting them up until Minfernal, Giraffe, Silithid and the Whelpling was pretty fun and had me excited to level them and then battle them at 25. If I can't collect them, I'm not excited to level them nor battle them. I've come to the realization while camping for Minfernal that collecting rares by camping and just sitting there for hours isn't a fun way to spend my time anymore. I logged in yesterday within 5sec of the servers going live, spent 5 hours for Minfernal, the giraffe, and traveled to each site for the new pets and didn't see a one. Its quite dejecting of my morale for pet battles.

I don't see why they couldn't come up with something more creative like they did hunter pets for both Hyjal and Pandaria.
Please reconsider the spawn rates on these new pets and the other ones that are hard to find. The biggest issue is since we are not just competing vs our server the numbers that we are fighting with do not go down at the same rate that they would with server only competition. Then you add in the fact that finding one does not necessarily take someone out of the competition pool due to the additional factors of breed and rarity.
11/27/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Bashiok
The new pets are on fairly long spawn timers, and are randomized (i.e. will not spawn on server restart). We've confirmed they have been spawning on some realms, so just keep an eye out!

Hey, wanna give you some props as you're the first one to ever comment on this forum.
I haven't camped at all and have an Uncommon or above for all except Fluxfire Feline and Emerald Proto-Whelp (have Common).

Sure, yesterday, I could barely find one or two but what do you expect for the first day with everyone rushing? Today, I've found plenty of everything! I did circles and circles worth of Nexus Whelplings (was finishing every battle for chance of stones) before I got my Rare. There was even another person there but I never had downtime between battles beyond flying to the next spawn. Had about 30 Infinite Whelps, Harpys, Yetis, Raptors, Eyes, Librams. When spawns ran out I would just go somewhere else and then come back later.

I have a Rare Nexus, Stunted Yeti, Kun-Lai Runt and Lofty Libram. I expect it to take time to get the things I want.

It's pointless to just saying you got this you got that without campings cuz nobody really cares about your exp, thing is, the majority is getting more upset than before simply because of the long spawn timers(after they've exped enough with the minfernals/scourged whelplings, etc.)
11/28/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Syrenity
They're random, so they're not going to spawn on every realm at the same time. So yeah, working as intended.

Working as intended and working are two different things....

This is a bad decision, poor community relations and a rather poor release for a company such as Blizzard. You guys are wrong, plain and simple. As someone already said, you killed fun.

This.