Patch 5.1: Realm Event Time Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 28 Next
So, i play in a Brazilian server - Azralon - our server will, from now on, be guided by this new schedule, right?
With Patch 5.1: Landfall we’ve reactivated the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. To accomplish this we reevaluated the way time-based events work in World of Warcraft. The time zone designation for a realm doesn’t always correlate with its real-world location, and that designation has traditionally directed a player to choose a realm that shares their local time. With cross-realm features like zone coalescing (CRZ) and Raid/Dungeon Finder, linking event reset or lockout times to realm times has caused a lot of confusion, such as zones flipping between day and night upon zoning, and created substantial issues with limited-time events, such as Azeroth’s fishing tournaments.

North American Daily Event Times

In Patch 5.1 we’ve moved most time-based events on North American realms to standardized, region-wide times. Below are the updated event times for all North American realms, regardless of your realm’s local time (excluding Oceanic realms).

Times displayed in North American Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8 hours)

Sunrise
5:30 a.m. PST*

Sunset
6:30 p.m. PST*

Daily quests reset
3:00 a.m. PST

Profession cooldowns and farm reset
3:00 a.m. PST

Dungeon & raid lockouts reset
Unchanged (times still shared between NA and Oceanic realms)

Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza begins
2 p.m. PST every Sunday

Battleground holidays
12:00 a.m. every Friday - 12:00 a.m. every Tuesday PST

Darkmoon Faire begins
12:00 a.m. PST first Sunday of every month

Oceanic Daily Event Times

Note that, due to the extreme time zone difference, Oceanic realms have a separate standardized time, and Oceanic realms aren’t coalesced with non-Oceanic realms for cross-realm zones. Oceanic realms are, however, still a part of the North American matchmaking pool for Scenarios, Dungeon Finder, Raid Finder, Battlegrounds, and Arenas, in order to ensure that the matchmaking system is able to draw from a healthy population of players at any given hour. Because of this, raid/dungeon lockouts will continue to reset at the same time for North American and Oceanic realms (i.e. reset times will still vary depending on your local time).

Times displayed as Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10 hours)

Sunrise
5:30 a.m. EST*

Sunset
6:30 p.m. EST*

Daily quests reset
3:00 a.m. EST

Profession cooldowns and farm reset
3:00 a.m. EST

Dungeon & raid lockouts reset
Unchanged (times still shared between NA and Oceanic realms)

Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza begins
2 p.m. EST

Battleground holidays
12:00 a.m. every Friday - 12:00 a.m. every Tuesday EST

Darkmoon Faire begins
12:00 a.m. EST first Sunday of every month

*Day/night changeovers are not currently set to the times listed above and will be updated in a hotfix as soon as possible.

My understanding is, people now have to watch their times closely; 3 to 10 plus hours or they will miss their dailies for quests or quests for world events?

Thanks!! There was several reasons why most of us picked servers that we currently play on, because our servers match our local time zone...(dailies, etc reset at one specific time, which did not match a pst time zone) I respect you Zarhym, but this is not reasonable and feels like a down right slap to the face with players who have played on a server which matched their current time zone since the game was released.

Now people have to plan ahead in advance to do dailies and world events our they are out of luck until next year.. or better yet, some may not be able to do these events at all because they haven't reset on the daily (pst) time zone. This feels like a slap to the face as well as a beat down with the hammer to your customers.

I do believe most of us are on our last ounce of patience with CRZ.. Please disable it, fix it on a test realm. Stop having players be the "guinea pig" that we are today.. I am afraid of what will happen if CRZ is not disabled soon...hint.. It will not be pretty!

"No one can defeat World of Warcraft, except its own company who made it." Well, in my opinion, they are doing a good job so far.

Edit: Decided to move my opinion over to this one, since the 215 page CRZ update complaint is no longer a sticky and for that it is dieing.
Whats the Point now, for choosing an East Coast server when your going to be dictated by West Coast server time.

CRZ originally in concept was a good idea, but execution failed, remove it.

-Cause now on Sunday at 5pm EST (Dinner Time) I cant do the Tournament yet again due to CRZ and now you messed with the Timing of it. Remove the Tournament from Salty.

-Instead of doing my Transmutes, Discoveries and Crops at Midnite EST, I have to wait til the following day, to do them before the multitude of Dailies.

You have generally screwed over 1/4 or more of the North American players.
Changes to the Gurubashi Arena timer should have been made explicit in the original blue post. And now the mini-map clock should have an option to display PST since realm time is now irrelevant.
EST or Fail.

Looks likes it Fail!
I'm not one to complain but this is a really stupid change.
I thought the rule was to never go full retard.
11/28/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Hexor
So, i play in a Brazilian server - Azralon - our server will, from now on, be guided by this new schedule, right?

Can someone please help me out with this?
Ignoring the fact that CRZ is horrid and the major cause of this....

Did Blizz not think of their players, really? As people have stated before, they'd transfer to one realm or another based on the time available for them to do what they needed. Now Blizzard is preventing this, but why?

I live in the PST timezone and this doesn't even make me happy >.>
/Dislike!

It makes it hard for us EST time people to do quests. Why change something that was working well?

Reset dailies are at 6am for us! This is very unfair and hard to play!

Really bad and unfair change!
/Dislike!

It makes it hard for us EST time people to do quests. Why change something that was working well?

Reset dailies are at 6am for us! This is very unfair and hard to play!

Really bad and unfair change!

Why would you feel like you have to get up at 6am to do dailies? You can do them anytime. The time they reset doesn't change the fact that you can do them every day. The 3am reset wasn't convenient, or meant to be convenient for anyone else.
Kittens all over the world are dropping dead.