Herb Nerf?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Why wasn't this in the patch notes? Also most people don't sell the things they gather we actually use them, AH prices shouldn't be the decider on the rate of herb/ore respawns.

=/

I'm really starting to dislike this patch.
Really Daxx, doesn't seem to fit what some are seeing. I'm guessing (if everything is working as intended) some realms have more active gatherers (players/bots). Otherwise, It may be there is still a bug.For those of you seeing next to nothing for spawn rates, what realm pop do you have?

BWR is med, so is Silver Hand.
I can see some things missing the patch notes, however I must agree with others that this one SHOULD have been in the notes.
It would be like changing warriors to only be able to wear cloth, and not having that in the patch notes.

However, Thank you for the information Daxxarri on the change.
11/29/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change.

The reduction - at least on my realm - is FAR more than that. And they take more than an hour to respawn.

I'd say there's maybe 20% at best around compared to last week.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node.

How much "effort" is reasonable to farm enough herbs for both everyday needs and the odd Darkmoon card? Engineer the economy as you see fit, but understand there are people still gearing and levelling here. I'm not gathering to sell on the AH, I'm gathering to make things, for my main AND my alts.

We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Please look at Dath'remar and tell me if that's the way it's meant to be.

And while we're here, while Ghost Iron Ore is far more accessible still, has the rate of rare gems from prospecting it been nerfed as well? Because my JC is now in the third day in a row of not being able to learn new recipes, after having done one a day every since MoP launched.
Daxxarri
Community Manager
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/29/12 5:40 PM (PST)
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron

I thought the abundance was a refreshing change, and made gathering herbs for flasks and potions for our raid a pleasantly quick task.

Now it's back to being a time-consuming chore, just like it was in previous expansions. Only now I have experienced that it didn't have to be that way, and will always long for how it was back in 5.0x.

It's hard to re-bottle a genie, Blizz.

Boo on this change.
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

So it seems the patch notes are not good for much when we have to find out about these type of changes by asking on the forums.

I loved being able to spend less time farming mats since you added a grind to every other part of the game with your Dailies.

Now you are adding a grind to collecting mats for flasks and potions.

why did I rethink myself and pay for another 6 months.
To clarify, there wasn't an intentional reduction in the number of herb spawns. We're investigating the situation now.

That seems to contradict each other...
Best delete this thread before anyone else realizes what a dumbass you are.

Too late for that :)
EDIT: Also, it's MUCH MUCH lower than 50%. It's closer to 1/10th of it's former abundance.
Also, Daxx. Remember the post you made... yesterday? About patch notes? I work for a living as well. I write things down, and they are transferred to those who need that information.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Why wasn't this in the patch notes?

Slipped through the cracks.
Why wasn't this in the patch notes? Also most people don't sell the things they gather we actually use them, AH prices shouldn't be the decider on the rate of herb/ore respawns.

=/

My sentiments exactly.
11/29/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Guudtenk
I'm sorry to say Draxx, that the node respawn nerf is far greater than 50%. I understand that all of your information is given to you and you thus have no control over what Blizzard tells you to say, but please don't insult our intelligence with this 50% crap. Going from over 400 nodes an hour to less than 50 is nowhere near a 50% nerf.

I'm guessing that it wasn't just the respawn rate, but also the number of nodes itself.

From my experience, I'd say it sounds about right that both were halved. Half as many spawning in the first place, and then those nodes respawn half as often-- that seems to match up the numbers we've almost all been reporting.

It seems like they have too many cracks.

I guess now it is a good thing that some people bot so I can get slightly cheaper mats on the Ah when I can not find any in the amount of time I have to farm.

This isn't a crack. Mario couldn't make this jump even if he ditches Yoshi.
What is with you. WHY do you care how fast things spawn? Why do you care how long it takes to farm ore? The ONLY people who are care the gold farmers that you are getting paid off by

Botters were cancelling and gold sellers were complaining. Problems fixed. Carry on.

=/

My sentiments exactly.

Jeez... I just don't get it. It's like Blizzard has this Yin/Yang approach to their oriental-themed expansion. For every completely, amazingly awesome thing they do to the game, they have to do exactly one other thing that is utterly crap to keep the equation balanced.