Herb Nerf?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
I don't gloat at your misfortune.

: /

edit: It may be that high spawn rates are needed, I'm just used to what I know. Sorry If I seem like a prick.

There's many things to consider here.

It's rather safe to assume the spawn rate has been nerfed. A blue commented on it, and from the looks of his edit one can assume the nerf was intentional, but the devs are working on how to spin the justification at the moment.

Your experience seems unchanged, but you also admitted you haven't really been herbing it up since launch. First of all, you're probably aware that spawn rates are influenced by zone population. When MoP launched, nodes were respawning immediately because the zones were jam-packed with warm bodies, and Blizz wanted to ensure there was enough for everyone.

While the spawn rate was still considerably good, it wasn't been the way it was that first week. Yeah, that was crazy, but there was a crazy amount of people in the zone, so there was a reason.

As for another reason you might not be seeing a difference, there's a decent chance you're the only one out there gathering at the moment. Many gatherers I know aren't bothering for the time being, in hopes that this is simply a bug.

You also have to take into account your sample size. You gathered for only a few minutes. That's not really enough evidence to make any conclusions. On Tuesday, one of my alts logged in right on top of a rare quality Giraffe Calf, but it wouldn't be accurate for me to say southern barrens is swarming with Giraffe Calves that are all rare quality.

Would it be spawn rates or total nodes available? They made that change a while back to where nods respawn after one is looted. I do not recall reading a change to that. However if the total amount of nodes available is tied into the total amount of players in the zone it may be harder to farm as much due to the lack of people compared to the first few weeks.

Your experience seems unchanged, but you also admitted you haven't really been herbing it up since launch. First of all, you're probably aware that spawn rates are influenced by zone population. When MoP launched, nodes were respawning immediately because the zones were jam-packed with warm bodies, and Blizz wanted to ensure there was enough for everyone.

Up till last Tuesday my herbalist was much of the time the only player in Jade Forest on my server. Yet the nodes were as plentiful as always.

(Edit: the reason for that would most likely be that I was usually herbing at 4am on an Oceanic server. Don't go using that as ammunition for CRZ-ing Pandaria Blizz. I've already lost Dalaran ;)
11/29/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Elnia
Yes, the spawn rate has been nerfed considerably on Silver Hand.

Home of my other Herb alt (actually my daughters toon). I haven't checked on her.

11/29/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Sweatpants
35 minutes in and not even one single fool's cap node. I swear to Illidan Stormrage I haven't seen a single one.

That's messed up. I can only guess this is a bug. BWR seems normal, and none of my guildies have noticed anything.

Golden Lotus still spawns as a separate herb; in that run trying to find enough herbs for one Darkmoon card (!) I found not one, but TWO Golden Lotus nodes. Along with that, another two Golden Lotus dropped from Green Tea Leaf.

Luck of the Lotus still triggered on the actual Lotus plant spawns, but I'm not kidding when I say I killed every poor beast in sight and did not get one single drop in either buff period.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Up till last Tuesday my herbalist was much of the time the only player in Jade Forest on my server. Yet the nodes were as plentiful as always.

They were, but not to the degree we saw with MoP's launch. Nodes were respawning immediately back then. Sometimes you could literally gather an herb, mount up to move on, and by the time the two-second cast had finished the herb had already respawned.
I'll tell you what, my farm spawned 10 golden lotus today.
11/29/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Firestyle
I'll tell you what, my farm spawned 10 golden lotus today.

I totally believe it. My 2 farms got 7 each.
Yeah this is ridiculous, ive been flying around dread wastes about 15 minutes and found only 3 nodes. Doesnt make sense that they would nerf herbs this much and not reduce the amount of herbs it requires for things such as inscription.

Strength flasks are going to sky rocket, as well as agility flasks...

45 minutes in, just found a node :D only looted one fool's cap from it, though...
11/29/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Update: I spoke too soon. I'll have more information for you soon.

Perhaps you should pass the following message along.

If herb spawn rates were reduced as a measure to combat bots, it only makes the people who DO NOT HAVE TIME to farm hundreds of herbs per week for consumables into a position where we cheer the bots on. We don't have the time or the money to spend an hour trying to get one stack of herbs, or hundreds of gold to buy a single stack of herbs off the AH.

I already spend a significant amount of gold per week on Golden Lotus that I can't farm on other toons. When you make herb spawns rarer, it increases legitimate player farm time by a lot, and makes herbs more expensive on the AH. This is a punishment for legitimate farming.

If you ever turn on CRZ for Pandaria, it will become a complete nightmare. Because due to flask and pot need, we need them plentiful and as cheap as we can get them. Don't put us into the position where we are publicly cheering the bots on.
I can't believe this is intentional. Blackwater Raiders is unchanged, afaik. Silver Hand seems low, but she's only 85, and is just getting tea and poppies, few from my experience (only got 10 tea leaves in ten min, ground mount).

Daxx doesn't seem to know what's going on, and is in charge of knowing about patched/hotfixes. We haven't heard back, I'm guessing they're trying to figure out what's up before breaking the news.

Sit tight. I have a feeling things will be figured out (hopefully soon, I'm guessing they wan't to figure out how to hotfix before going public), and the rest of you will see the spawn rates I'm seeing on my realm.
I sincerely hope it's not intentional and will be fixed.

I have not stocked up on herbs, and need to make a bunch of flasks. I also have heard that Ghost Iron nodes are down as well...

I've been farming ore to level BSing on one of my toons, since my guild needs a BS (we're small...). After farming hundreds of ore in other zones, I was hoping Ghost Iron would be nice and easy, after painful farming in Outlands and Northrend.
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.
Mining and Herb spawn rates in Pandaria have been reduced by approximately 50% in patch 5.1, and this is indeed an intended change. These are in addition to the hotfix that was applied in 5.0.5 to lower the spawn rate of Ghost Iron.

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Why wasn't this in the patch notes?

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Yea....

/facepalm

In all of these cases, the reduction was prompted because the resources were too abundant, resulting in ore and herbs being undervalued, and also therefore the effort that our herbalists and miners put in to collect each node. We’ll be monitoring the situation, though, and should the current rates prove to be too low then we’ll make further adjustments as necessary.

Undervalued? My efforts as an herbalist were valued just fine. Don't try to spin it as a positive thing :( Thanks for the reply though. At least I can stop hoping that it was a mistake :p
Yet another thing you guys decided not to tell us in the patch notes. Apparently it was so hush that not even the Blizzard Community Manager was aware of the change. Absolutely appalling.

Brawler's Guild CRZ fiasco.
Golden Lotus reduction for Spirits of Harmony.
The Blingtron thing.
The removal of the Bosses Killed display when doing LFR.

Why do we even have patch notes anymore?

Yea....

/facepalm

Agreed.
Ya this should have been in the patch notes. Also I dislike this change alot. Its way too low.

Didn't you guys say, like a month and a half ago, that Golden Lotus spawns were too rare?

Full speed to the bots!