-----Patch 6.0----- DK Wish List :D

Death Knight
Post Limit:
1 2 3 5 Next
PATCH 6.0 DK WISH LIST :D

--> Post your ideas and criticisms here, please and thank you :)

Some of these are class wide and others are Spec specific.

1- Dark Simulacrum should also absorb any ability that costs rage, mana, focus or energy. It shouldn't be just an anti-caster tool leaving us with nothing against melee. So we could steal a charge of Serpent Sting but not Scatter Shot. If there's 1 change alone I'd want more than any other it would be this.

2- Make Desecrated Ground mobile (around you) or increase the area of effect to 25 yards (still for 10 seconds). I rarely stand still in PvP and with such a short duration this ability doesn't help all that much with being kited, just a free escape once a minute. We get burst down way quicker than that. Even at 25 yards a Mage, Hunter or Warlock would have no trouble escaping that. 25 yards gives us a fighting chance. Warrior's Avatar is on a 3 minute cooldown, but lasts longer and increases damage.

3- Soul Reaper: increase the range to 25 yards and add that if the target is above 35% health when the effect ends we should get a health drain of some sort. Having the haste nerfed last patch was rather disappointing (almost as bad as the Death Strike nerf in 5.1). If I'm spending a spec-Rune I should get something of equivalent value (that's 6 more seconds of getting burst down to wait for a single Obliterate to pop).

4- Let us use shields. Decrease the passive Blood shield by an acceptable amount (maybe 25% instead of 50%) or give us block mastery instead. I know this one might get pushback as DKs don't hide behind shields :P but maybe if not this then at least give us Fist Weapons? If Warriros can use them why can't we? o.O

5- Make Chains of Ice a default 3 second immobilize but put it on a 6 second cooldown, make the Chillibains talent turn it into a 6 second stun (similar to Fists of Justice). If you spec to escape you get no stun, we need at least one stun. Warriors/Druids have charge and Pallies have Hammer/Fist of Justice.

6- Increase the healing/damage from Death Siphon to put it on par with Death Pact. I have 335k health atm (not high) and I get 167K healing (50%) from Death Pact every 2 minutes. If all I did was use Death Siphon I'd get 8k healing every 6 seconds so in 2 minutes about 160k, but this is pretty impossible and useless for burst or survival. Why not have it on a 15 second cooldown, free, 2 second cast or channel and heal for 10% health (so about 40k). Pallies got a lot of range increases this xpac, DKs need that too.

7- Let Shadow Infusion and Dark Transformation both last 1 minute. There's often not enough time to get the full 5 stacks. I can usually get to 3 or 4 as I'm getting kitted non-stop and then it's wasted. That's quite the ramp up and not much of a reward. I think this is why most people go Frost instead of Unholy for PvP (Howling Blast too). Inquisition lasts a long time for Retribution Pallies, and Dark Transformation is that for us in a way.

8- Reduce the Runic Power cost of Outbreak to 30 Runic power down from 40. It would smooth out our rotations and make them less clunky. This seems pretty doable as well, Rogues had the energy cost of Kick reduced from 15 to 10 Energy.

9- Allow Control Undead to be used on our Ghoul / Army of the Dead to buff them in some way for the duration of their summons. Perhaps increase their health or give them a drain heal that benefits us for a lesser amount than it benefits them (heals them for 30% health and us for 5% or something like that). Otherwise this is a button that sees little use.

10- Lichborne talent and Will of the Forsaken share the same icon button. This can cause confusion for visual players. Please change Lichborne to something with a Lich in it, there's a ton of these. This one is easy peasy :P

11- A fear based ability of some kind ... any kind! Squishy little Priests get a fear and yet the spectre of Death does not? Does not compute o_O Here's an idea (damage -> debuff -> fear):

Wail of the Banhsee: damages all targets within 25 yards for 10% of your health. Enemies with more than 50% health suffer a 36 second DoT that reduces their critical strike chance by 25%. Enemies with less than 50% health suffer an 18 second DoT that makes them 25% more vulnerable to suffer a critical strike. The first enemy to die with Wail of the Banshee still on them releases a 25 yard AoE Fear that lasts 8 seconds.

Instant, 25 yard range, 30 second duration, 35 Runic Power, 3 minute cooldown

Learned at level 79

(Bear Hug meets Intimidating Shout meets Denounce)

*Just some ideas. I'd understand if some made it and some didn't, but overall this would help a lot. I'm not asking for ALL of these but it's just an idea of where I'd like the class to go. I've been playing one since WotLK :-)

Realistically the most likely we'd see would be: Reduced Runic Power cost for Outbreak, access to Fist Weapons and replacing the icon button for Lichborne... but maybe a new expansion pack will bring more love and variety!
3 years later and people are still asking for shields? What the !@#$.

Soon as I saw this on the list I lost respect for OP, attention, and the little interest I did retain after the wall of underlined text.

Did lol at your post though.
no shields for dks please.
Ok no shields but surely the rest of the post was good :P
All of your suggestions would NEVER happen. Also the majority are all just a facade of "Buff me for pvp". The majority leans more to defensive and debuffs than actual damage. Wanting dark sim to work on warriors and rogues to. They will not buff you for PvP like you like so live with it. Even shields would not save you from the slaughter and they'd have to nerf the "active mitigation of blood to do it. Blizzard likes the Active Mitigation of Blood so they will not make your changes. Live with it.
you people don't want a fear? or a drain?
Then answer me this ... why does no one say anything about the way hunters and mage can kill anything in PvP in less than a 5 seconds by literally face rolling a key board while we have to deal with soo many buttons and restrictions? They spam two or three buttons.

Only pathetic people live with things. Once again the DK forums is rife with trolls. No wonder this class gets no love. You people are like slaves under a dictator. Seriously. If i was a dev I wouldn't want you to have anything nice either.
Then answer me this ... why does no one say anything about the way hunters and mage can kill anything in PvP in less than a 5 seconds by literally face rolling a key board while we have to deal with soo many buttons and restrictions? They spam two or three buttons.

Only pathetic people live with things. Once again the DK forums is rife with trolls. No wonder this class gets no love. You people are like slaves under a dictator. Seriously. If i was a dev I wouldn't want you to have anything nice either.

SO close to Godwinning it.
Forget it. Nothing but trolls. You'd all make great squaky toys in prison ...

I hope they nerf this class into the ground just to spite you.

Good ridance.
Forget it. Nothing but trolls. You'd all make great squaky toys in prison ...

I hope they nerf this class into the ground just to spite you.

Good ridance.

So because people don't agree with your ideas, they're trolls?

umadbro
Just because other classes are stupidly OP doesn't mean we should be too.

All we need is a buff to our defensives and we'll be fine.
All of these ideas are good.
11/28/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Warregory
All of these ideas are good.

Congrats, OP, the guy who doesn't know what gems are thinks your ideas own.
I would'nt mind turning into a lich after using "lichborne".

Lol, well said. i <3 it.

maybe the issue isnt that they havnt been listening. maybe its that noones been vocalizing the kind of things they'd like to see.

patch after patch they been funneling us into what they want us to play, and its not particularly what any of us really like. we like the concept of the class, but the execution of it sucks to hell
6.0 wish list.... good idea.

I actually just started my christmas list for the year 2016.

Lol, well said. i <3 it.

maybe the issue isnt that they havnt been listening. maybe its that noones been vocalizing the kind of things they'd like to see.

patch after patch they been funneling us into what they want us to play, and its not particularly what any of us really like. we like the concept of the class, but the execution of it sucks to hell

If you really think the problem is that people haven't been offering suggestions and requests, I'm afraid there's no help for you. These forums are overflowing with terrible ideas and stupid wish lists.
11/29/2012 03:45 AMPosted by Deathquoi
If you really think the problem is that people haven't been offering suggestions and requests, I'm afraid there's no help for you. These forums are overflowing with terrible ideas and stupid wish lists.

Well said for a fatty human. If you did it to pvp, I'm okay with it. If you did it otherwise? Yuck and shame on you.