-----Patch 6.0----- DK Wish List :D

Death Knight
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
11/29/2012 03:55 AMPosted by Torhots
If you really think the problem is that people haven't been offering suggestions and requests, I'm afraid there's no help for you. These forums are overflowing with terrible ideas and stupid wish lists.

Well said for a fatty human. If you did it to pvp, I'm okay with it. If you did it otherwise? Yuck and shame on you.

Most of my characters are human. It's a thing I have. I don't PvP on this character though :(
for real all dks need is more def in pvp to ask for a shield is crazy if you know how to play a blood dk you would not want to lose are badass mastery i did like your idea with dark sim though
No shields please. They don't suit a DK.
Mmmkay, since i feel like i'm the most nice Dk around these forums. Let me just, detrollify things for you OP.

1- Dark Simulacrum should also absorb any ability that costs rage, mana, focus or energy. It shouldn't be just an anti-caster tool leaving us with nothing against melee. So we could steal a charge of Serpent Sting but not Scatter Shot. If there's 1 change alone I'd want more than any other it would be this.

I quite like this idea, I actually want anything to do with Dark Simulacrum would be fixed.

2- Make Desecrated Ground mobile (around you) or increase the area of effect to 25 yards (still for 10 seconds). I rarely stand still in PvP and with such a short duration this ability doesn't help all that much with being kited, just a free escape once a minute. We get burst down way quicker than that. Even at 25 yards a Mage, Hunter or Warlock would have no trouble escaping that. 25 yards gives us a fighting chance. Warrior's Avatar is on a 3 minute cooldown, but lasts longer and increases damage.

Um, okay so you want the radius of DG to be bigger... I actually want an actual desecration that slows enemies... Most of the Dks are pissed that Blizz removed it.

3- Soul Reaper: increase the range to 25 yards and add that if the target is above 35% health when the effect ends we should get a health drain of some sort. Having the haste nerfed last patch was rather disappointing (almost as bad as the Death Strike nerf in 5.1). If I'm spending a spec-Rune I should get something of equivalent value (that's 6 more seconds of getting burst down to wait for a single Obliterate to pop).

While i disagree with the range, but overall i think this ability needs to be fixed. Most of the Dks aren't comfortable with this ability (Especially frost Dks)

4- Let us use shields. Decrease the passive Blood shield by an acceptable amount (maybe 25% instead of 50%) or give us block mastery instead. I know this one might get pushback as DKs don't hide behind shields :P but maybe if not this then at least give us Fist Weapons? If Warriros can use them why can't we? o.O

I'm sorry, but this along with the DW tanking. This will never ever ever happen.

5- Make Chains of Ice a default 3 second immobilize but put it on a 6 second cooldown, make the Chillibains talent turn it into a 6 second stun (similar to Fists of Justice). If you spec to escape you get no stun, we need at least one stun. Warriors/Druids have charge and Pallies have Hammer/Fist of Justice.

People might interpret that you want a 6 second stun for every 6 seconds. That would be too OP.

6- Increase the healing/damage from Death Siphon to put it on par with Death Pact. I have 335k health atm (not high) and I get 167K healing (50%) from Death Pact every 2 minutes. If all I did was use Death Siphon I'd get 8k healing every 6 seconds so in 2 minutes about 160k, but this is pretty impossible and useless for burst or survival. Why not have it on a 15 second cooldown, free, 2 second cast or channel and heal for 10% health (so about 40k). Pallies got a lot of range increases this xpac, DKs need that too.

Overall, Death Siphon and Conversion needs to be reworked... It's obvious that we all literally take DP because it is a very reliable heal for a cooldown compare to others that we need to sacrifice our damage output from runes and runic power.

7- Let Shadow Infusion and Dark Transformation both last 1 minute. There's often not enough time to get the full 5 stacks. I can usually get to 3 or 4 as I'm getting kitted non-stop and then it's wasted. That's quite the ramp up and not much of a reward. I think this is why most people go Frost instead of Unholy for PvP (Howling Blast too). Inquisition lasts a long time for Retribution Pallies, and Dark Transformation is that for us in a way.

This shouldn't be a problem for us Dks. The only problem we have is !@#$ mobility. We have plenty other problems to deal with. Other than that, use DA. That should help.

8- Reduce the Runic Power cost of Outbreak to 30 Runic power down from 40. It would smooth out our rotations and make them less clunky. This seems pretty doable as well, Rogues had the energy cost of Kick reduced from 15 to 10 Energy.

Outbreak is one of the most useful opening for a DK and i highly doubt any Dks would get it as a glyph. It's free but when you glyph it, it make things much worse. Don't compare it to a rogue kick because it is not an interuppt. It's a disease application which we Dks must do.

9- Allow Control Undead to be used on our Ghoul / Army of the Dead to buff them in some way for the duration of their summons. Perhaps increase their health or give them a drain heal that benefits us for a lesser amount than it benefits them (heals them for 30% health and us for 5% or something like that). Otherwise this is a button that sees little use.

While i agree Control Undead is near useless ability but this would be totally imbalance the PvP system. As if you would take a ghoul or gargoyle away from the UH DK. Lots of UH Dks would rain a tsunami of QQ when this happens. Not happening.

10- Lichborne talent and Will of the Forsaken share the same icon button. This can cause confusion for visual players. Please change Lichborne to something with a Lich in it, there's a ton of these. This one is easy peasy :P

This one i actually agree. Idk why people don't agree with this. Perhaps people interpret that you would turn into a lich. Whileas you simply want to change its icon. But there is such a thing as a macro. Use them wisely.

11- A fear based ability of some kind ... any kind! Squishy little Priests get a fear and yet the spectre of Death does not? Does not compute o_O Here's an idea (damage -> debuff -> fear):Wail of the Banhsee: damages all targets within 25 yards for 10% of your health. Enemies with more than 50% health suffer a 36 second DoT that reduces their critical strike chance by 25%. Enemies with less than 50% health suffer an 18 second DoT that makes them 25% more vulnerable to suffer a critical strike. The first enemy to die with Wail of the Banshee still on them releases a 25 yard AoE Fear that lasts 8 seconds.Instant, 25 yard range, 30 second duration, 35 Runic Power, 3 minute cooldownLearned at level 79

I'm literally not surprised when people disagree. This is way beyond overpowered. Whereas i do agree one thing that we don't have an AoE CC except the %^-*ty ability: Remorseless Winter. The debuff of it is too powerful. It would least likely not happening if we need buffs THAT bad.

Forget it. Nothing but trolls. You'd all make great squaky toys in prison ...

I hope they nerf this class into the ground just to spite you.

Good ridance.

So because people don't agree with your ideas, they're trolls?

umadbro

Deathquoi pretty much disagree just about everything (except Dk needing slow fall). Quite discouraging for people who try to be creative.

Deathquoi pretty much disagree just about everything (except Dk needing slow fall). Quite discouraging for people who try to be creative.

Most ideas offered on these forums are terrible, including all of yours that I've seen.

Most ideas offered on these forums are terrible, including all of yours that I've seen.

It's not how the ideas are terrible or not. It's that you are not being nice and polite about other people's creative minds. That's why i stopped posting about it.

It's not how the ideas are terrible or not. It's that you are not being nice and polite about other people's creative minds. That's why i stopped posting about it.

Some people have terrible creative minds. If you've stopped flooding the forums with ridiculous overpowered and overcomplicated suggestions, then I think I've done a service.

Some people have terrible creative minds. If you've stopped flooding the forums with ridiculous overpowered and overcomplicated suggestions, then I think I've done a service.

I really don't understand how some of my suggestions are "overpowered" and "overcomplicated". Really, I have my own limits and boundaries but yours i'd imagine is different.

If you think some suggestions are "overpowered", at least you should explain how is it op nicely, don't intepret and misread things. If you think some suggestions are "overcomplicated" then explain something abilities that are "overcomplicated" such as Spectral Guise and Power Word: Solace. Do you really want to keep this game simple and all about fluffy animals and candy canes? What's your view of Dks right now?

Your quote i've underlined clearly states my point: You are not nice about other people creativity. Terrible or not, i even noticed you aren't even being polite about ideas that are terrible.

I really don't understand how some of my suggestions are "overpowered" and "overcomplicated". Really, I have my own limits and boundaries but yours i'd imagine is different.

If you think some suggestions are "overpowered", at least you should explain how is it op nicely, don't intepret and misread things. If you think some suggestions are "overcomplicated" then explain something abilities that are "overcomplicated" such as Spectral Guise and Power Word: Solace. Do you really want to keep this game simple and all about fluffy animals and candy canes? What's your view of Dks right now?

Your quote i've underlined clearly states my point: You are not nice about other people creativity. Terrible or not, i even noticed you aren't even being polite about ideas that are terrible.

Creativity is not a justification for people wanting to be able to dominate everyone else in PvP. That basically would translate as "you should listen to what I type regardless of my motives". So to take a leap. Should we also be polite about people who say it's okay to murder another person in cold blood and treat them kindly and with civility? I mean they could be really creative about it but it's still about their wanting to kill someone. Just like this thread is all about trying to counter everyone else in the game if they can help it. Like a shield for melee damage taken and at the same time other buffs to counter ranged to.

I don't feel that I have to be nice about it. Maybe that upsets you.

And I don't see how Spectral Guise or PW Solace is anywhere close to as complicated as your ridiculous Deaths Assault idea or whatever.
11/29/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Torhots
Creativity is not a justification for people wanting to be able to dominate everyone else in PvP. That basically would translate as "you should listen to what I type regardless of my motives". So to take a leap. Should we also be polite about people who say it's okay to murder another person in cold blood and treat them kindly and with civility? I mean they could be really creative about it but it's still about their wanting to kill someone. Just like this thread is all about trying to counter everyone else in the game if they can help it. Like a shield for melee damage taken and at the same time other buffs to counter ranged to.

The system of PvP and killing one person of another is 2 completely different things, PvP is about playing against another player and this may be about how. I understand your view of PvP is about dominance, right? Personally i think having a creativity for each different classes would be an okay thing because we may get to have something nice, you'll never know. Like i said, i have my limits and boundaries: I don't intend to be like "BWAHAHAHAHAHA ME DK, ME OP, ME KEEL PEOPLE AND CAN'T DO !@#$ ABOUT IT".

I think creativity is more like "It would be nice if i can get X". Because it gives more options right? Not to mention that i'd imagine each class would be like this and wouldn't come true because it would be "too OP". I'm seriously not asking to have utilities that completely counter 1 class to another (Cough, cough: Stealth Detectors)

@Deathquoi: Hm, okay. Well, I guess I can mock you for every ideas out there. Because you practically disagreeing mostly everything.

And I don't see how Spectral Guise or PW Solace is anywhere close to as complicated as your ridiculous Deaths Assault idea or whatever.

It's a freakin second stealth that triggers whatever the specialization procs you use. How hard is that to understand?

Are you illiteral or something? Hence I don't feel like i have to be nice about someone who doesn't either.

@Deathquoi: Hm, okay. Well, I guess I can mock you for every ideas out there. Because you practically disagreeing mostly everything.

Is this supposed to make sense? What are you talking about?

Have you noticed some of my posts said "Deathquoi might think this is rediculous"?

It's a freakin second stealth that triggers whatever the specialization procs you use. How hard is that to understand?

Are you illiteral or something? Hence I don't feel like i have to be nice about someone who doesn't either.

Illiteral isn't a word, brochacho. It combines about 5 different effects into one ability that is completely unnecessary and useless. It would rival the old shadow form tooltip for ridiculousness.

Have you noticed some of my posts said "Deathquoi might think this is rediculous"?

So every time someone posts a suggestion, you're going to provide my opinion on it? Appreciate it. Saves me a bunch of typing.

Illiteral isn't a word, brochacho. It combines about 5 different effects into one ability that is completely unnecessary and useless. It would rival the old shadow form tooltip for ridiculousness.

Mmmkay, i want you to do something for me then. To be very honest here, the idea of "death assault" that you loathe was based off from an ability called "Void Assault" from Kha'Zix in League of Legends.

Think you can look it up and just tell me what you think if this was in World of Warcraft? I mean if you say something like what you have underlined, i wouldn't have say anything else. =/

Here is the link to that character and see Void Assault: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Kha%27Zix

If you still think it's incredibly OP for our class and with that reasoning of having 5 different effects into one ability. I will not say anything else. It's just there for some clarification.

Mmmkay, i want you to do something for me then. To be very honest here, the idea of "death assault" that you loathe was based off from an ability called "Void Assault" from Kha'Zix in League of Legends.

Think you can look it up and just tell me what you think if this was in World of Warcraft? I mean if you say something like what you have underlined, i wouldn't have say anything else. =/

Here is the link to that character and see Void Assault: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Kha%27Zix

If you still think it's incredibly OP for our class and with that reasoning of having 5 different effects into one ability. I will not say anything else. It's just there for some clarification.

It makes sense for a MOBA where you only have a handful of abilities. LoL and WoW are completely different games.

It makes sense for a MOBA where you only have a handful of abilities. LoL and WoW are completely different games.

Hm, well okay. What's your idea then? I just wanted to make sure that not ALL of us are terrible at creating ideas.
@Uzuko,

It's more about the amount of changes and at times more complicated debuffs and buffs yet how many even complain about Soulreaper. Now back to the OP of this thread that wants a bunch of changes that lets him counter multiple different opponents. Since they are mostly debuffs and or defensive cd's of course it's for PvP and that they wish to beat many opponents. If someone likes the changes they of course will support it and those that disagree in this case were also met with negativity in the first place. This is likely because many do not like being squishy so they want these things. At the moment it all seems to be you trying to promote buffs for PvP while taking passive aggressive personal shots at another player.

To a point it's the pot calling the kettle black because you are still being negative against another player while trying to pass yourself off as the civil and constructive one. Negative hidden in creativity is still negativity.