Game-locking FPS drop in Silvermoon

Bug Report
I see the guards in the distance pwning a bunch of Rangers or something. I think this is unfinshed content surrounding the rumored "Silvermoon Uprising". Apparently there was or is plans for a world event in Silvermoon where High Elves of the Silver Covenant try to storm Sunfury Spire and get beat back by the Blood Elves.
Takes you over 8 hours to "research" the issue? LOL what are you, jagex or something? ;)
I can't walk through the throne/fountain area on my horde toons without massive show-stopping lag. The rest of SM is fine.
Wow...and there are enough High Elves to actually launch an attack like that? Aren't the cannon populations of both elf faction actually relatively small? Or was that more BC cannon?

Are any other areas suffering from phase-lag? I'm getting nervous of where to tread. o_O
LOL Nathan. So right.
We're working on a fix that should be rolled out soon.
Seems fixed now. Teleported my mage there and the FPS didn't drop. Thanks!
I'm currently having this issue, I goggled it and came to this thread.
Thanks again for the update Sapper! *hands over tankard o' coffee*

But in all seriousness, give us a shout when the fix is rolled out and we can test it.
Yes, I've been this same problem with Silvermoon's spire as well on my horde alts still, it is still a problem, not to the extent where it game locks me, but I am still getting a massive reduction in FPS in this area.
It's good to know blizzard is so vigilant on watching for these game breaking bugs, but they don't have time to fix all the bugged raid bosses this tier? I guess they just have a sweet spot for RPers.
12/05/2012 02:03 AMPosted by Narsius
But in all seriousness, give us a shout when the fix is rolled out and we can test it.

Fix should be live, if it's not populated on your realm please let me know.
Issue is still occurring on US Silver Hand.

Just tried it on Farstriders, and the problem persists.

My Paladin zoned in, tried to walk, game locked.
12/05/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Sapperwix

Wyrmrestaccord, all my toons still lock up from this in Silvermoon. Just as before. :(
Can ya at least tell us what it *is*?
12/05/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Honeydance

Wyrmrestaccord, all my toons still lock up from this in Silvermoon. Just as before. :(

Same.

Court of the Sun, on the ramp to the Spire. Oddly, if I move my camera to not look directly at the fountain, it doesn't lag as bad.
Still having this issue. Game seizes up due to a massive FPS drop near the fountain. I have to relog over and over to use the 1-2 seconds of freedom prior to the fountain loading in order to turn away from the fountain so I can teleport out.

I can look at the fountain from far away (say, from Murder Row), but once I get near it--especially up on the ramp to the citadel--I'm done for: lock-up time, &c.

I have tried turning the settings all the way down, and so on. No good. I did not have this problem until a week ago or so. It's quite recent, and it's definitely not fixed.
Tried this last night and froze up again On Wyrmrest Accord. had to relog a few times to get myself far enough away to hearth.

*hands over another tankard o' Coffee* Sorry Sapper, Looks like its going to be one of those bugs that leaves the team banging their head on their desks =/

When my realm is back up I'll pop on and test it again.