Changes to fix Priest :)

Priest
Ok this is something that I as a preist would love to see.
Still working on it tho. but this is some what of what I came up with so far
I know the numbers would need to be changed around and reworked.
But you get the point.
Feel free to post any kind of changes u would like made to this as well :)

Chakra: Chastise - Increases the damage done by your Shadow and Holy spells by 25%, grants a 10% chance for Smite and Mind Spike to reset the cooldown of Holy Word: Chastise, reduces the mana cost of Smite and Holy Fire by 90%, and transforms your Holy Word spell back into Holy Word: Chastise

Holy Word: Chastise
Holy
Chastise the target for (664 + 61.4% of SP) Holy damage, and disorients them for 3 sec. 30 sec cooldown.
Disc
Chastise the target for (664 + 61.4% of SP) Holy damage, and Silence's them for 3 sec. 45 sec cooldown.
Shadow
Terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 3 seconds and to drop their weapons and shield for 8 sec. (remove physic horror)
____________________________________________________________________
Chakra: Sanctuary
Increases the damage and healing done by your area of effect healing spells by 25%, reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing and Penance spell by 2 sec, and transforms your Holy Word: Chastise spell into Holy Word: Sanctuary.

Holy
Holy Word: Sanctuary
Blesses the ground with Divine light, healing all within it for (504 + 5.8% of SP) every 2 sec for 30 sec. Only one Sanctuary can be active at any one time. 40 sec cooldown.

Disc
Summons a holy barrier on the target location that reduces all damage done to friendly targets by 25%. While within the barrier, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. The barrier lasts for 10 sec. (scrap power word: barrier ...

Shadow
desecrates the ground with Shadow, damaging all within it for (504 + 5.8% of SP) every 2 sec for 15 sec. Only one Sanctuary can be active at any one time. 40 sec cooldown.
____________________________________________________________________
Chakra: Serenity

Chakra: Serenity
Priest - Holy Spec
Instant 30 sec cooldown
Increases the damage and healing done by your single-target healing spells by 25%, causes them to refresh the duration of your Renew and Shadow word:Pain on the target, and transforms your Holy Word: Chastise spell into Holy Word: Serenity.

Holy
Holy Word: Serenity
Instantly heals the target for (13,442 + 130.0% of SP), and increases the critical effect chance of your healing spells on the target by 25% for 6 sec. 15 sec cooldown.

Disc
Holy Word: Serenity
Instantly Shields the target for (13,442 + 130.0% of SP), and increases the critical effect chance of your healing spells on the target by 25% for 6 sec. 30 sec cooldown.

Shadow
Holy Word: Serenity
Instantly Burns the target for (xxx + xxx% of SP), and increases the critical effect chance of your damaging spells on the target by 25% for 6 sec. 30 sec cooldown.
I'm sure u can even mix in inner fire and inner will into them and just make Shadow form
passive For Shadow
this is how you fix it log in to wow, select your priest and type delete in the box press enter win
I'll have to give that a try.
Any other ideas on this?
I like the idea, but not sure how this would fix's priest's current problems in PvP. This seems like something they would have put in last patch that is a cool change, but misses any problems that priests are actually having.
Well over all it would make Priest no matter what spec alot more fun to play and bump up the skill cap a lil
The first thing that comes to mind with this is:

"Yo Dawg, I Herd U Like Chakras! So We Put A Chakra In Yo Chakra So U Can Holy Word While U Holy Word."

The second thing that comes to mind with this is omg, why do you want to give Chakra to Shadowpriests, we already have a stance that gives us improved damage dealt and protection from damage received - it's called shadowform. We don't need any other form as DPS.

The third thing that comes to mind is wow this would make playing a priest boring because you'd be making every spec feel more similar.

The fourth thing and by far most important is you'd be taking away a huge element that makes Holy special. Without Chakra dancing being uniquely Holy it'll be the other healing spec which doesn't have Archangel or Atonement but still feels very similar to Disc.

This change is doesn't solve any issues with priests and just makes every priest have to deal with Holy priest's problems too.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum