Don't Daily December

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 9 10 11 45 Next

Double talk nitwit. When they get rid of head enchants so players won't have to grind reps that they don't want to, then gate everything behind grinding rep.

One piece of my gear requires rep. It is the only piece of gear I have worn from MoP that required rep. I could have gotten it without doing a single daily, I could have gotten an alternative that didn't require rep, I could have gotten a lower rep piece that didn't require dailies.

Some recipes have always required reputation to acquire. They never had an alternate source besides that specific reputation (or other means if not a rep), and a fair few reputations have only one way of acquiring rep, whether it be dailies, dungeons, raids, or what have you.

You are wrong on every possible aspect of your claim, and will always be with such an ignorant worldview. One that has no concerns with precedent, nor facts. Only blind opinion.
11/29/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Mokei

Head enchants are nowhere near the same thing.

Head (and shoulder) enchants were the only thing you could put in to enchant that slot.

Rep gear is just an extra source of epics outside of crafting, LFR, and normal/heroic raids.

The former, you had no options. The latter, you do.

Okay so if it's only optional, what else do you spend your vp on?

What crafted goods are better than the gear found in lfg?

It's the same thing, only now every thing extra is gated behind rep.

You. Can. Upgrade. Your. Items. From. VP. Now.

Go to your respective Shrine, head where the ethereals are. Find the guy who upgrades your items. Put said item into the slot. Click "Upgrade". BOOM. You spent VP.
How about the people who want to do dailies continue to do them and the rest of you, shut up!
11/29/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Elbeghast

No, thanks.

Go talk to some congas, Mr. Brown. Your opinion is irrelevant.

@OP:
I've stopped doing dailies. I hate them more than I hate Horde,Draenei and Pandaren.

How is his opinion irrelevant? Because you say so?
11/29/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Gnomeasaurus
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD

I tried this already in October and November, but now I'm so far behind in gear I can't not do them.
11/29/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Elbeghast

No, thanks.

@OP:
I've stopped doing dailies. I hate them more than I hate Horde,Draenei and Pandaren.

:(

Why is it irrelevant? I'm a player too. :(

The more I did the Mists dailies, especially after hitting Revered with Golden Lotus -- that can be a little tedious -- the more I actually enjoyed them. I've never been a huge fan of daily quests, but I seriously like the Mists factions (and dailies) more than any before them. I think there's a nice variety in the setup of each faction's daily quests (i.e. Klaxxi buffs, Shado-Pan companion, etc.) that doesn't make it feel too redundant. This is particularly true since I tend to rotate through a couple of factions week to week. With my work/life schedule I'm someone who doesn't always cap Valor each week, so I know I don't need to do dailies every day if it just means I'll outpace my VP gains. Right now I have at least 3 pieces of epic gear unlocked reputation-wise that I just need to save up for.

Double talk nitwit. When they get rid of head enchants so players won't have to grind reps that they don't want to, then gate everything behind grinding rep.

One piece of my gear requires rep. It is the only piece of gear I have worn from MoP that required rep. I could have gotten it without doing a single daily, I could have gotten an alternative that didn't require rep, I could have gotten a lower rep piece that didn't require dailies.

Some recipes have always required reputation to acquire. They never had an alternate source besides that specific reputation (or other means if not a rep), and a fair few reputations have only one way of acquiring rep, whether it be dailies, dungeons, raids, or what have you.

You are wrong on every possible aspect of your claim, and will always be with such an ignorant worldview. One that has no concerns with precedent, nor facts. Only blind opinion.

I will only comment on the recipe portion of your opinion. While some recipes required a reputation most did not. Those factions had more than one source of gaining reputation. Be it from a drop that had a higher drop rate than .001% or a dungeon or dailies (ugg) or killing some group of mobs repeatedly.

Before poking someone elses fact checking maybe you should fact check your own post?
Typical responses is the thread as usual.

You have the fanbois and green posters sticking their noses up blizz's rear saying you don't have to do dailies, reminds them of something else, or wish there was less QQ'ing.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have posters who hate dailies, refuse to do them, begging for alternate means of obtaining stuff without dailies etc.

It's quite comical.

I'm typing this as I'm currently in queue for LFR and Brawler's guild. well not really, but that's part of the grind so we don't get things handed to us ;-D.
Nah, I like my kite mount to much and I will be exalted with the new faction as fast as possible. Dailies are a good thing and you need to do them.
You're on your way to recovery and seeing the game in the ideal light. As a game LOL. ;) You may even enjoy the things you didn't like before, or at least not mind them in a negative light.

Yea, I burned myself out trying to do too much at once for way too long (since mid-Cata). Now it's "So what if Shado-Pan and Klaxxi aren't to exalted yet?" I'll get them there eventually...maybe lol. I find myself online playing less now than I was while I was still working, and that doesn't bother me....It's just a game, and it's going to be here whether I log in or not for a few days. Real Life is always gonna win out over anything on the computer anyway ;)

@OP:

Why is it irrelevant? I'm a player too. :(

The more I did the Mists dailies, especially after hitting Revered with Golden Lotus -- that can be a little tedious -- the more I actually enjoyed them. I've never been a huge fan of daily quests, but I seriously like the Mists factions (and dailies) more than any before them. I think there's a nice variety in the setup of each faction's daily quests (i.e. Klaxxi buffs, Shado-Pan companion, etc.) that doesn't make it feel too redundant. This is particularly true since I tend to rotate through a couple of factions week to week. With my work/life schedule I'm someone who doesn't always cap Valor each week, so I know I don't need to do dailies every day if it just means I'll outpace my VP gains. Right now I have at least 3 pieces of epic gear unlocked reputation-wise that I just need to save up for.

While technically you are a player in that you play the game, your opinion and the way you voice it is your job.

As far as enjoying the monotonous dailies the more you do them, I have absolutely no idea how that is possible. Every time I do one daily I feel my blood pressure rise along with my anger at the devs, CM's and people who defend the boring dailies.
They might be more enjoyable if the drop rates on some of the things weren't so horrid.

You need to take a few steps back. They are giving you stuff to do, granted you may not like all of it but they are providing them nonetheless. This isn't evil megacorp trying to snare you in some psycological trap and if you really believe that they are, you need to unplug.

They are not giving anyone anything. They are selling us a service. They did absolutely no more work creating a quest that is done more than once than if the quests were one time only. So, don't hand them a medal because they graced us with more repetitive nonsense to do while they collect a paycheck without doing any more work.

You need to stop drinking the kool-aid and get an opinion for yourself. They are an evil mega corp that is trying to fool us into thinking that one quest done 50 times is the same amount of content as 50 different quests.

But, on a positive note all the drones that love the daily quests got more of them down in kasarang.

As a side note I HATE DAILIES. They are the single worst thing in this game.

Apparently it's not about who is or isn't drinking the Kool-Aid, but what flavor.

You need to stop drinking the kool-aid and get an opinion for yourself. They are an evil mega corp that is trying to fool us...

These two statements back-to-back make my head spin. "Think for yourself... but let me tell you how." /boggleboggle
Well.....

11/29/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Zarhym
No, thanks.
I wish completing raids on 10 man gave more valor than completing them on LFR, then I wouldn't be stuck grinding scenarios/dungeons and semi-afking lfr.

This made me laugh in an immature manner.

How immature.

lol.

And it keeps going.

AND KNITTING AND KNITTING AND KNITTING

How immature.

lol.

And it keeps going.

AND KNITTING AND KNITTING AND KNITTING

Zarhym are you ok? Did you take those Happy Pills that Metzen gave you?

They are not giving anyone anything. They are selling us a service. They did absolutely no more work creating a quest that is done more than once than if the quests were one time only. So, don't hand them a medal because they graced us with more repetitive nonsense to do while they collect a paycheck without doing any more work.

You need to stop drinking the kool-aid and get an opinion for yourself. They are an evil mega corp that is trying to fool us into thinking that one quest done 50 times is the same amount of content as 50 different quests.

But, on a positive note all the drones that love the daily quests got more of them down in kasarang.

As a side note I HATE DAILIES. They are the single worst thing in this game.

Apparently it's not about who is or isn't drinking the Kool-Aid, but what flavor.

You need to stop drinking the kool-aid and get an opinion for yourself. They are an evil mega corp that is trying to fool us...

These two statements back-to-back make my head spin. "Think for yourself... but let me tell you how." /boggleboggle

Well, yeah if they are going to blindly listen to someone tell them how to think it might as well be my opinions they are following.

:)

I will only comment on the recipe portion of your opinion. While some recipes required a reputation most did not. Those factions had more than one source of gaining reputation. Be it from a drop that had a higher drop rate than .001% or a dungeon or dailies (ugg) or killing some group of mobs repeatedly.

Before poking someone elses fact checking maybe you should fact check your own post?

Other sources of acquisition are no different than reputation as far as being a source is concerned. They are all "gated" behind something if you will. Whether it be materials produced by said profession, required by it, a reputation, or one of those examples I gave, such as boss drops, zones drop, etcetera.

Timbermaw Hold had two sources: Killing furbolgs, and turning in drops from those furbolgs that were BoP. So, really, only one, just a stacking source.

And hey, they have more recipes than the August Celestials!

Now, if you wish to complain about Shado-Pan or August Celestials being blocked behind Golden Lotus, I'm all for that changing, maybe being unlocked by an epic quest or something that shows you're a somewhat competent 90 that has made the effort to not be in ilvl <400 garbage. It can be a lore party for all the rp-happy folks, and give cinematics and shiny things for all the instant gratification junkies who want their reputations and want them now but don't want to call J.G. Wentworth.