Don't Daily December

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 45 Next
11/30/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Sadir
Yep. Entitled raiders think the game exists to cater to them. Try telling them that you want to have raid gear without raiding - they will eat you alive. But when it comes to having rep gear without questing - apparently it's fine.

You are incorrect sir. I completely welcome the idea of getting raid gear by doing dailies. Hell get fully geared just by doing fishing dailies if that's what you love. Doesn't bother me in the least.

The point is you should be able to progress whichever way you want. That was how MoP was sold to us. But instead they made it so you have to do everything to progress.

I don't have the gold to purchase the boe's necessary to get my toons ilvl's high enough for raids. Don't tell me to do heroic dungeons either. The thought of running 50 dungeons for 2.2k valor points, and then not being able to buy anything with it makes me sick.

I lack the ilvl to get in LFR, so I must do heroics to get there.
But... I will not run heroics when I can't purchase anything with VP.

It's that^ simple.

Unless I missed something, LFR gear and Heroic dungeon gear can be upgraded with JP and VP, so all the points you grind up through heroics will quickly be spent away on upgrades.
I /hate/ dailies. However, I will work on the new faction. But that's the only daily hub I will do. It's not as overwhelming as when I had like 5 factions to get to revered.
I did rep grinds in cata and dailies are the same damn thing.

What the problem is?
No no no, it's the farming dailies. You win the game when you become exalted with Tillers and best friends with each member.

IKR I got em and my wow played snazzy music and rolled credits :P
"Hold up...

Let's get one thing straight. Sure, I work for Blizzard so you can accuse me of bias. But my opinions about the game aren't owned or operated by Blizzard, nor is it the development team's job to dictate to me what my opinions should be. I form my opinions about gameplay the same way as everyone else, though certainly inside info does shape them to a degree (almost always in a positive way like, "OMG, early patch 5.2 design is looking mind blowing!")."

Alright, I need to say something here, though I'm sure it will get lost in the sea of ... stuff that we see here XD

First off, Zarhym, I'm not trying to be a Blizz fanboy, and I strongly and violently disagree with a large portion of the MoP design, or at least the way it's presented.

However, that being said, I have to give you props for the amount of crap that you guys have to put up with on a daily basis. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have your job, with literally millions of players picking apart every little thing you could possibly ever say. So to that, I say, kudos.

BUT... The paragraph above, at least in the way you worded it, offends me a little. Not that me being offended matters, at all, really, I'm not canceling or anything. But the way you twisted those words made me feel like I was reading Orwell's 1984 again XD

While "But my opinions about the game aren't owned or operated by Blizzard, nor is it the development team's job to dictate to me what my opinions should be. I form my opinions about gameplay the same way as everyone else, though certainly inside info does shape them to a degree " is absolutely true, nowhere did you say that you can or do actually disagree with the game design. Because you can't. It's in your contracts as CM's, I imagine. You are the face of Blizzard, you simply are not allowed to publicly denounce a Blizzard decision, you'll get a pretty stiff penalty. Look at the lead warlock designer! Anyone who thinks that was a mutual seperation is a moron, who has no idea how corporations work.

The thing that bugs me is that ou guys seem to try to portray an attitude of non profit based motives, which I hold distasteful, because it's dishonest. Every single thing that BLizz does to this game is to turn a profit, be it making new content so players will sub more, to balancing the game to make players happy, to charging for faction changes/name changes/pets/vanity items...

EVERYTHING IS ABSOLUTELY ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE. I think once the playerbase starts recognizing that, things will go a lot smoother :D
11/30/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Worannaid
Yep. Entitled raiders think the game exists to cater to them. Try telling them that you want to have raid gear without raiding - they will eat you alive. But when it comes to having rep gear without questing - apparently it's fine.

You are incorrect sir. I completely welcome the idea of getting raid gear by doing dailies. Hell get fully geared just by doing fishing dailies if that's what you love. Doesn't bother me in the least.

The point is you should be able to progress whichever way you want. That was how MoP was sold to us. But instead they made it so you have to do everything to progress.

I don't have the gold to purchase the boe's necessary to get my toons ilvl's high enough for raids. Don't tell me to do heroic dungeons either. The thought of running 50 dungeons for 2.2k valor points, and then not being able to buy anything with it makes me sick.

again, you try to prove points with falsehoods

* I won't do Heroics
* my gear isnt high enuff do do LFR and get Fr33 G3arzorz
WTFBLIZZARDZIHATESYOO!!

you're not MEANT to "pay gold to get gear"
that's called "buying your character"
might as well go eBay it
(might come up with something better.. no reali.. go do eet)

you can EASILY get 460 ILVL WITHOUT doing Dailies
470 really isn't a far stretch after that

but requires effort

nm, just give up now

.. you'll NEVER do it, man
11/29/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Gnomeasaurus
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD

im about 2 weeks away from never having to do a single daily ever AGAIN. (just trying to hir exalted for my beloved title and the mounts that come along with it). and im HAPPY I dont EVER have to do another this expansion!
for the record

this is my shaman (Sadir)

468 ILVL

ZERO Dailies completed

yes, i said ZERO

none

nada

nope

un-unh

not one

never done it, man

and he does LFR weekly

so please, tell me again how "Dailies are mandatory"

cuz I'll get on my Monk and show ya the same thing again
for the record

this is my shaman (Sadir)

468 ILVL

ZERO Dailies completed

yes, i said ZERO

none

nada

nope

un-unh

not one

never done it, man

and he does LFR weekly

so please, tell me again how "Dailies are mandatory"

cuz I'll get on my Monk and show ya the same thing again

its just a measurement of how badly you want to progress(gear-up) really....
Now I'm going to do every daily I can in December.
11/30/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Teradan
its just a measurement of how badly you want to progress(gear-up) really....

although true.. it's honestly nothing "hard" to do

... and it's HILARIOUS the people that spend all their time QQing about it rather than just DOING it

seriously, all you ppl that whine.. if you would have just DONE it, you'd be finished by now, and could go back to sitting around in Org all ya like

* can't help but laugh at the irony that my 11 year old is already past this stage of adolescence
11/30/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Styln
this brought all the fanboys to the yard

has nothing to do with "fanbois" (plz spell it right, ya?)

<-- been deleted/banned both in game and forums more times than i can count because I'll speak my peace weather you like it or not

but i don't sit around QQing about something i don't like in game and label it as "NO ONE LIKES IT!! WERE ALL LEAVING!! THIS SUCKS!!"

BMAH - quite possibly the most retarded decision I've EVER seen Blizz do
Seriously, what's next? Posters in the building for eBay and Gold Seller sites so they're easier to find?

but you don't see me creating 1000 posts about it, spitting out little factoids and half-truths trying to demonize it

it's part of the game

do i support it?

nope

so I just don't go there

my gameplay is NO different for it
11/29/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Zarhym
Thanks for letting me know the intricacies of how we operate over here at Blizzard.

Sarcasm aside, people probably assume that Blizzard employees are limited in what opinions they're allowed to express, simply because it makes logical sense. What company allows its employees to spew overtly negative opinions about their product publicly to the customer base, with no repercussions? If you absolutely hated and despised dailies with every fibre of your being, would your bosses be totally OK with you telling us that?

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that you're lying. Some people like dailies, you may be one of them. But surely it can't be surprising that your words are taken with a grain of salt because of who you work for. It would be awfully naive of us not to consider that.
11/29/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Vulgrym
The more I did the Mists dailies, especially after hitting Revered with Golden Lotus -- that can be a little tedious -- the more I actually enjoyed them. I've never been a huge fan of daily quests, but I seriously like the Mists factions (and dailies) more than any before them. I think there's a nice variety in the setup of each faction's daily quests (i.e. Klaxxi buffs, Shado-Pan companion, etc.) that doesn't make it feel too redundant. This is particularly true since I tend to rotate through a couple of factions week to week. With my work/life schedule I'm someone who doesn't always cap Valor each week, so I know I don't need to do dailies every day if it just means I'll outpace my VP gains. Right now I have at least 3 pieces of epic gear unlocked reputation-wise that I just need to save up for.

Look, I've typically shouted down the "dailies are mandatory" whiners ... but for one reason only -- they didn't take much effort and I was able to "get rid of them" quickly. I'd probably feel differently if I actually cared about maintaining an alt.

But let's be honest, questing is the lowest form of content. It is boring, repetitive and not challenging. Dailies, in and of themselves, are just a miserable lowlight in what is an otherwise impressive array of content in MoP. The raiding, challenge modes, brawler's guild, pet battles etc. have all been excellent. Dailies? Not so much.

I just totally disagree. Solo content has come such a long way since vanilla. There are many players out there and in this thread, like me, who enjoy approaching an area filled with quest objectives, looking for the most interesting and efficient ways of tackling those objectives.

You can easily get yourself in gameplay situations that, while maybe a lot shorter in length, are mechanically more interesting than several Raid Finder boss fights, and require more than just your best standard ability rotation. Hell, there are mobs out there that have nearly as many mechanics/abilities as some of the Raid Finder bosses.

When I hit Revered with Golden Lotus I moved onto other factions while waiting for the 5.1 commendations to come out. My gear has improved quite a lot since I hit Revered and, when I went back to do Golden Lotus dailies last night, had more fun than usual pushing myself to be precise, ambitious, and ruthless with pulls.

My enjoyment of Mists of Pandaria has only increased over time, even with the few gripes I've had. I couldn't say the same back in Cataclysm. I still think it was a solid expansion, and I appreciate a lot of what Cataclysm brought to the game, but I sympathized with the people who were feeling burned out. For me, it just felt like maybe it was the result of playing this game for so long. I worried a little bit that my feelings for World of Warcraft were becoming inevitably nostalgic. But Mists changed that for me. The content feels like it just has more soul to it. I've seen a lot of people express similar feelings.

On that note, to the people who outright refuse to pickup quests from a hub with blue exclamation points: you're missing out on some great story and awesome content at Domination Point and Lion's Landing. I think it's a mistake to write that off based on perception alone.