You have in game music turned OFF!?!?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
I need to hear Vent.
I like the kazoo music that plays in some of the Pandaria Inns.
I still get surprised by people that have the ingame sound turned off altogether. With my eyesight I need every audible cue I can get. If I don't hear my spells casting, I assume something's stopping me from casting them and start looking for the reason.
11/30/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Reibo
but come ON people! You are missing out on a HUGE part of the experience!!

100% agree with the OP.

I turn on the sound and the music and the ambiance. I turn my speakers way up!

I do this for every game. The music and sound are so much a part of any game for me it feels like I'm not even playing if I turn off the sound and music. Otherwise it's just smashing buttons while listening to music. Same thing with turning on the TV.

When I watch TV I just watch TV.
When I play a game I just play that game.
When I listen to music I just listen to music.
When I read I just read my book.

I don't feel like I can really immerse myself and lose myself in what I am doing if I try to do two at one time. I don't feel like I am fully appreciating each on to its fullest.

I guess I am one of those hyper-concentrate people. I don't get multi-taskers. I've got to FOCUS and ENGAGE 100% in what I am doing or else it isn't 100% satisfying to me.
People play with the music on?
Love the music in WoW! I rarely turn it off unless I am just not in the mood for listening to any music, but the majority of the time I have it cranked up. :D
i dont play with any sound
I turn all of the sounds off. It's distracting
I turn off the music because I have my own going on in the background, it can also get extremely distracting if I am in vent at the same time especially in a raid when sound gets jumbled.
11/30/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Elaise

Distracting?? How can you say that! You are playing a game, and part of the game is the music and the sound. I'm telling you, play with the music and sound on for one week, and if it doesn't enrich your gaming experience I'll buy you a Pepsi.
I played FF7 way back when on my PS1. It was not gamer's gold. The music was only impressive for the time because OMG CD storage!
I'll usually keep music on if I'm not raiding.

But sometimes I like to rock the f out. So off goes the WoW music.
I like a lot of the music. It gets repetitive though, so I turn it off sometimes.
The music is fine for awhile, but after I've been to the same areas a few times, I often like to listen to something else.
I haven't had the sound turned on since vanilla...
11/30/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Reibo
I guess I'm just more of an RPG buff then most people

Because you played the most glorified RPG ever? You're such a buff...

I play with the music off because it isn't that great. Some tunes are good, but I'd say WoW's background music gets a 5/10 from me. None of it makes me say, this is awesome! I do the same and the person in your story, I run Pandora.

Final Fantasy has a genius behind its music. The dude is awesome. Star Wars - genius. Age of Conan had a killer soundtrack. WoW - it's ok. I'm not going to go into more examples, but this OP is just a wild fan boy and is just shocked that someone can't cream shorts over the background music.
11/30/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Reibo

Distracting?? How can you say that! You are playing a game, and part of the game is the music and the sound. I'm telling you, play with the music and sound on for one week, and if it doesn't enrich your gaming experience I'll buy you a Pepsi.

I did try. My bf plays with sound on, and he insisted that I try with sound. He said it helps him know what's being cast by other players in pvp and such. I just find it so distracting and can't focus on anything.