New Character Models

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
THERE'S GOING TO BE NEW CHARACTER MODELS!?

If they want to keep all the old options that's fine, just add a bunch of new ones. If you've played any of the newer MMOs, you know that they provide a level of character customization and realism way beyond what WoW offers.

I don't disagree. The customization is really barebones. I also noticed that humans have really horrible pixels, especially the males, and a lot of the faces don't look very different compared to one another. The animation problem, aside from it looking weird, also seems to have a bad frame count.

All I'm really implying is that they need to approach this delicately.

I'm not trying to advertise another game, but the character creation in Rift is insane compared to WoW. You don't just choose a face, you choose every feature of the face, and they have sliders to adjust the shape of each feature.

I don't disagree. The customization is really barebones. I also noticed that humans have really horrible pixels, especially the males, and a lot of the faces don't look very different compared to one another. The animation problem, aside from it looking weird, also seems to have a bad frame count.

All I'm really implying is that they need to approach this delicately.

I'm not trying to advertise another game, but the character creation in Rift is insane compared to WoW. You don't just choose a face, you choose every feature of the face, and they have sliders to adjust the shape of each feature.

I'd spend like, 10 hours at the character creation screen if it were like that :P
It'll be interesting to see how they handle people's negative reaction to their race's new looks. Free race changes or suck it up and deal with it? Has the potential to be a headache for Blizzard.
please make orcs look like this!! http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/orc-model
12/01/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Rygarius
New character models haven't been forgotten and are still being worked on. Our artists aren't ready to reveal what they got yet. When they're ready, you'll know!

This makes me happy =D
Shorter belf eyebrows please!

Otherwise, we're pretty much perfect as-is! Kthxbye~!

No joke, should have called us bug elfs.

LOL.
I have only three requests:

1) Tone down the steroid abuse on the Night Elf and Human males.
2) For the love of god, let me have a clean shaven human face that doesn't have stupid bushy eyebrows. Or, work the eyebrows into the face choices. Let facial hair be facial hair.
3) Please, PLEASE don't turn dwarven females into skinny little frail things. Hell, give them more belly.
i like how our actual trolls looks retarded
The best part about playing a human, is that anything will be an improvement.

Looking forward to this.
Change forsaken gore from purple to black and red. Give some of them stench clouds. Make the rot irregular across the body, rather than wholly on the joints. More 'missing face' options, up to and including a mostly defleshed skull head. Add unholy symbols as a type of skin customization. Glowing pentagrams and so forth.

Maybe force the artists to listen to black metal or death industrial during the design process.
12/01/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Alinde
Try and remember that new character models require every piece of gear to be redone to fit said models. Will take a very long time.

If you remember they start working on this back in cat and they were suppose to be introduced in MoP if my memory servers me correctly. Now they have made even more gear that they'll have to fit the models too. Created theirselves more work if i do say so myself.

Exactly my main worry about this postponing. Every tier they dilute their resources even more.
12/01/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Rygarius
New character models haven't been forgotten and are still being worked on. Our artists aren't ready to reveal what they got yet. When they're ready, you'll know!

It's been over a year now and they don't have something that they are willing to show? You can see why people are actually doubting that real work is being done on this, especially when the dwarves were initially listed as almost done.

Sorry but you have the burden of proof on this one. Soon™ isn't a valid answer anymore.
New character models is what I'm looking forward to the most in WoW.
New model? Artists? All I need is a chiropractor to set my back straight.
12/02/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Uthben

Well, competition matters as much as aesthetics do when they're left the same for almost a decade. More and more, I see players reluctant to return to the game because the first player-related images one sees are so unattractive.

It's remarkable, really: Blizzard has been stuck in its analysis paralysis for so long that the original reasoning no longer applies. Who is so attached to an artifacted, pixelated, blocky and ugly form that they'd stop playing when handed an update as life like and articulated as a goblin or pandaren? If they actually exist, they probably number fewer than the ones threatening to quit over dailies or minutiae of class balance.

Blizzard's mom-and-pop mentality is great, but in this instance it only undermines expansion of the customer base. This update needs to get done.
As long as they don't change my face :P

I like my animations too... >.>

Every model could use better textures though.

As long as they don't change dem hips on human females, I'll be happy.

if anything they should add MORE hip and booty. seeing as how we look at our toons from behind 98% of the time... but its more than that. they need to redo the whole armor process. its mostly slapped on to the same few models with diff skins. half of the boot options are socks instead of armor. a lot needs to be redone. Or not and they just move on to the new IP.