New Character Models

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
belf here!
smaller feet please blizz <3
thank you.

That or a walk-on-water ability.

Yeah, the worgen have a lot of clipping issues that never got addressed. Did they ever fix the female's elbows turning upside down on the chopper?

I was unaware of that particular one.
Things like this though...
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/920/failnormal.jpg

Shouldn't be released with the model still doing that.
http://oi54.tinypic.com/2zxv3tl.jpg

That's from February of 2011, but I don't have the chopper myself, so I have no idea if it's still like that.
So they use time/resources on making the treant form burn from a cozy fire instead of working harder/faster on the updated character models? Something virtually nobody asked for and that will likely be used once by a druid.

GREAT USE OF TIME!

Amateurs.
12/01/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Tandava
So long as we don't get one-faced/cute-faced then I'm thrilled!

No cute. Definitely too damn much cute already. Keep it Ally side if we are going to have even MORE saccharine cuteness.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2zxv3tl.jpg

That's from February of 2011, but I don't have the chopper myself, so I have no idea if it's still like that.

That one might have been fixed. Not sure; I likewise don't have a chopper...and my female worgen have been gradually becoming...less female?
So they use time/resources on making the treant form burn from a cozy fire instead of working harder/faster on the updated character models? Something virtually nobody asked for and that will likely be used once by a druid.

GREAT USE OF TIME!

Amateurs.
Adding 3 or 4 particle emitters and two lines of code clearly took a significant amount of time.

GREAT USE OF TIME!

Amateurs.
Yes because the art team works on programming a pre-existing particle effect to display by tying it to a buff.
12/01/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Rygarius
New character models haven't been forgotten and are still being worked on. Our artists aren't ready to reveal what they got yet. When they're ready, you'll know!
Will there possibly be new models for Moonkins as well?
My male Worgen Death Knight wants a big, bushy tail. So does my male Pandaren. My male Blood Elf would settle for a long, slender tail -- and dragon wings.
I don't really want this judging by all the new item models.. I'm scared to think they'll ruin character models too!
New character models haven't been forgotten and are still being worked on. Our artists aren't ready to reveal what they got yet. When they're ready, you'll know!

Please don't forget about femtaurs and female dwarves. Thick women need lovin too.
12/01/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Gherothar
I really hope they give orcs straight backs. Please, Blizzard, my chiropractor is a tyrant.

As a female orc, I second this.

Who wants to go on a date with a man who is literally a knuckle-dragger?
12/01/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Crocelle

Please don't forget about femtaurs and female dwarves. Thick women need lovin too.

I think dwarves were rumored to be the first race they were working on actually.
They were supposed to be done by MoP's launch, but we dunno if they're just being held back for now or what.
12/01/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Crocelle
Undead should be able to hide their bones or reveal their bones in the same way (basically china model or western model).
I think, though, that just like any other skin color option is covered by armor, exposed bones should be covered by armor as well.

Have the limbs fully rendered regardless of bone status, and have the textures just be blank around the joints, with the bones being enabled underneath by the skin option. This would allow them to make the edges of the flesh more artistic than a bunch of jagged polygons and would appease the people calling for them to stop tearing their armor before putting it on.
12/01/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Daralii
As a novice 3D artist, I can say with confidence that this will take them a while.

Yeah, as a novice 3D artist that doesn't have the backing of a multi-billion dollar corporation. Seriously, with the rate at which 3D animated "films" are spewed out, it's an absolute joke that they haven't finished this yet.
I've noticed on the human male character creation screen, there are faces that were not there before, so they've clearly done some slight updating, like when the Blood Elf hair suddenly appeared on humans, anyone else notice the human males not quite as derpy?

I think dwarves were rumored to be the first race they were working on actually.
They were supposed to be done by MoP's launch, but we dunno if they're just being held back for now or what.

correction they said "AT BEST" they would be done with the dwarves by MoP's launch.

my guess is instead of rolling them out one race at a time they are going to wait and announce the new models at around the same time (blizzcon 2013?) and then release them all in the same patch (5.3? 5.4?)

I can't wait to see what the new night elf model will look like!