Hunter Shoulders & Bow for Lv.20

New Player Help and Guides
Post Limit:
I have enough honor points to buy some good lookin' shoulders. But which one? Should I get Champion Herod's Shoulder, Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders, Prized Beastmasters Mantle, or Lasting Feralheart Spaulders? For the bow, should I use my Naga Heartpiercer or buy a Charmed Ancient Bone Bow?
As a hunter you will want either Prized Beastmaster's Mantle or Champion Herod's Shoulder. This is dependent on whether you want to focus on PVP or PVE, because the beastmasters gives resilience, a PVP only stat.

If you want to go beyond level 20 then you should definitely get the Charmed Ancient Bone Bow otherwise you should stick with whatever gives you the most stats at level 20.

I feel it is worth mentioning that hunters only seek items with agility on them. Your intellect and spirit items don't help you at all.
I'm on trial, so I can only reach level 20, does that mean Prized Beastmaster's Mantle and Naga Heartpiercer would be better?
If your goal is to just do PVP then yes the beastmaster's mantle will be better. For the bows just head to the vendor and see which has higher stats, then you will know which will be strongest.

I imagine both bows will work very well
IIRC the Bone bow doesn't have nearly as much Agility as the Heartpiercer at that level, but it also doens't have Hit or Crit, and Hit is the main reason trial twinks get the Bone bow.

I'd recommend getting the shoulders first, since they'll be an immediate upgrade that'll help you get the Heartpiercer from Blackfathom. And again, one's more suitable for PvP.

These forums can help with the other gear to look for, and which professions to work on (you might also track down Wolf Bracers because they're much easier to get than the three listed):
http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f148/mop-f2p-hunter-guide-43181/
Can I get a full refund on my honor for the prized beastmasters mantle
Can I get a full refund on my honor for the prized beastmasters mantle

Please don't bump old threads. If you have a question make a new thread.

You can refund it within 2 hours of purchase.
As a hunter you will want either Prized Beastmaster's Mantle or Champion Herod's Shoulder. This is dependent on whether you want to focus on PVP or PVE, because the beastmasters gives resilience, a PVP only stat.

If you want to go beyond level 20 then you should definitely get the Charmed Ancient Bone Bow otherwise you should stick with whatever gives you the most stats at level 20.

I feel it is worth mentioning that hunters only seek items with agility on them. Your intellect and spirit items don't help you at all.

Upon reading this, I had a question. In Patch 5.3, resilience is being largely removed from gear, so what'll happen to the PvP heirlooms? They lack PvP Power, so will they become identical to the corresponding PvE heirlooms?

Edit: I didn't notice that this was an old thread. Sorry!