Upgrading computer parts

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Post Limit:
So I purchased my computer about 3 years ago. By now, I bet most of my computer parts are outdated. I was wondering what I could buy so WoW will run a little better. Right now I play with low settings and even then, it lags during boss fights. i have attatched my computer stats
System

Manufacturer MSI
Model MS-7390
Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 466 GB
Disk partition (C:) 242 GB Free (466 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Total available graphics memory 1791 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1279 MB
Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.697
Primary monitor resolution 1600x900
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter

Any recommendations are welcome. Also, budget isnt the highest, but im will to throw down some money
Your computer is too outdated, both CPU and GPU-wise.

You are looking at more or less overhauling the entire box.
I agree with Kalganized here. 9400GT is a very, very pitiful card, and seeing as it's pre-built you most likely have a cruddy power supply that can only power something similarly cruddy. Compound that with the likely-outdated motherboard and you'd be better off just building a new one.
Google tells me an MS-7390 motherboard is also known as K9N-SLI V2. MSI lists cpu support up to the original Phenom I. If it supported Phenom II, it could make sense to find one on Ebay if you're on a really tight budget. In this case, it's not worth throwing good money after bad - you'll need a new cpu/board/ram and video card.

What is the brand and rating of your power supply? Is this an OEM machine (Dell, HP, etc) or did you build it yourself? (just want to know if the case connections are proprietary or standard)

How much money could you put toward the upgrade? I wouldn't recommend going cheaper than this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ps0W

I included a power supply deal in case you'd need it. Also note you would get the video card at Amazon (NCIX is sold out) for $83 - $30 rebate = $53, free shipping.

If you can spend more, performance will only increase from that point, but that's a reasonable baseline. It will run WoW smoothly but not on the highest settings - likely a mix of medium and high.
Awesome, thanks for the replies to both of you. I knew it was outdated just not that bad. So this would be all I need? Maybe a better graphics card?
New graphics card will be severely bottlenecked by your CPU.
11/26/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Kalganized
New graphics card will be severely bottlenecked by your CPU.
Yes, i meant along with all the other parts you suggested. Just meant to say a better graphics card + what you mentioned.