hunters 5.1

Hunter
ummm. im a bit confused here? i was hearing hunters got nerfed in 5.1, did i miss somthing? also i dident see anything about healing classes getting nerfed.

did i miss somthing?
Bestial Wrath no longer makes the pet immune to snares. It's a PvP nerf. Lynx rush also is now a bleed instead of direct damage. PvP nerfs for the super OP hunters.
ok i get the whole DoT thing. but that does not reduce my damage. does it? and it stacks.

also i never thought bestial wrath did make my pet immune to anything - i just thought it freed me like a trink. and increased pet damage.

i can see how its a nerf now. but now that i know it releases my pet im accually happy for this, ty
11/27/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Anrazio
i can see how its a nerf now. but now that i know it releases my pet im accually happy for this, ty

It was a trink for the pet before, in addition to providing CC immunity. For the hunter, it was only a trink.

They didn't make it better, they nerfed the CC immunity to combat the burst associated with stacking BW and Stampede (which, after Stampede's Hot-Fix bug correction, and Rabid's Hot-Fix change, the burst is fairly low already - then add in the LR change that also nerfed the burst)

Basically, its 3.0, with slightly less mutilation.
i just had a look on noxxic for the update and hunter have got hit hard so hard i wat to cry :'(
I didn't even see the 5% buff to hawk and iron hawk when i logged on today it was still at 10%.
11/28/2012 12:21 AMPosted by ßøw
I didn't even see the 5% buff to hawk and iron hawk when i logged on today it was still at 10%.

recast it

and if you are still skeptical, try doing some math
I'm not skeptical hunters have always got the short end of the stick so doesn't matter to me. I'll keep doing my thing in bgs and other areas of pvp.
its just looks like on noxxic hunters are dieing thats all it looks like for pve
11/28/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Crooklyn

MADNESS!
11/28/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Naumu

MADNESS!

HE'S USING NUMBERS TO PROVE HIS POINT! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!
Don't know about anyone else.
But I can't wind up a Steady Shot anymore.
Occasionally use it as an opener, and yet today, it's instantly triggering auto shot with the button press.
Don't know about anyone else.
But I can't wind up a Steady Shot anymore.
Occasionally use it as an opener, and yet today, it's instantly triggering auto shot with the button press.

Yes, same here. Apparently it's a familiar bug. Blizz are swooping on it with customary enthusiasm.
The DoT damage seems really low on Lynx Rush...I'm actually performing a lot better with Murder of Crows ATM.
The BW nerd was needed IMO. If you ever played any other class against a hunter, it's stupid that a cd that short had such power behind it. It's still great and the trademark of BM.

As for lynx rush, we'll I use blink strike in pvp now. I hear crows is best in pve on single target DPS. I don't pve though.
11/27/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Anrazio
but that does not reduce my damage. does it? and it stacks.

It was never intended to nerf damage overall, just burst. And it did that. What made hunters so OP pre 5.1 was the unstoppable burst. That was obtained mainly through a combination of BW (which pre 5.1 made pets immune to all ccs) and Lynx Rush (pre 5.1 was bonkers burst on a single target). They made LR not bursty and made BW not turn pet into an unstoppable killing machine. They addressed the issue of extreme unstoppable burst in pvp, without crippling out dmg in pve.