Moonkin PvP?

Druid
With this last patch I can now not keep myself alive vs the other dps classes. Great self healing was all that was making Moonkin worth while...now I get completely wrecked. I simply have no way to stay alive or stand toe to toe with anyone. My only real choice is to run when targeted. At least S Priests got to keep their power shields (Absorb anyone?)...I, as a Moonkin just have to eat every bit of damage incoming without benefit of good self healing now.

Seriously Blizz...does ANYONE there above the rank of Janitor play a Moonkin??
Im here!
I agree with OP, something is terribly wrong, and I have noticed it a lot more since this last patch. On top of being fear bombed and cc'd so much that all I can get off in a pvp battle are instant cast spells, the silences and other classes having immunities to my attacks, I might as well just craft in the bg's like the bots.
Try resilience.
The only real problem is that crit is more powerful than intellect and PvP power because it changes our gameplay so drastically. Since it gives us more opportunities to set up kills outside of CDs, and works directly with mastery/PvP power either way. I don't see a way to get out of giving up these stats for resil at this moment in time.

And I don't want to blame everything on maximizing certain stats anyways. Other classes offering better utilities and unavoidable control/damage are the real problem at hand. Instant AoE CC like psyfiend/howl/pom ring/intimidating shout, they aren't foreseeable and preventable. It's essentially a free way to force trinkets/CDs on an opposing team.

I can honestly write a novel on the current state of PvP, but sadly enough they would just delete it like they deleted the last declaration of independence I wrote against them =)
Alibor, I run with OP sometimes in BGs -- he knows what he's doing and so do I. We bloody _melt_ in one on one situations. If I can't LOS, I'm hosed. And melee... don't get me started.

We need better self-heals or owlkin frenzy to actually DO something.
With this last patch I can now not keep myself alive vs the other dps classes. Great self healing was all that was making Moonkin worth while...now I get completely wrecked. I simply have no way to stay alive or stand toe to toe with anyone. My only real choice is to run when targeted. At least S Priests got to keep their power shields (Absorb anyone?)...I, as a Moonkin just have to eat every bit of damage incoming without benefit of good self healing now.

Seriously Blizz...does ANYONE there above the rank of Janitor play a Moonkin??

The impending nerf is why I never went and stayed Moonkin. I knew it Blizz would eventually bump us down to medicore status...Dont feel to bad, feral is extremely squishy too. Resto is good atm.
12/02/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Strobelight
boomkins are fine, you're just bad.

meany

what are you guys stacking now? pvp power still the best?
Wrong.I play one of the most gimped PvP specs in the game, and Balance druids are an easy kill for me.The OP has a very valid point.

This game isn't balanced around 1v1. Nothing out damages me in an RBG, Boomkins are just very gear and cooldown dependent. Once you get better gear and a t2 weapon, you will see that you have unbelievable damage. With cooldowns up your damage is nearly unhealable. Once your cds are down play more defensive, we have so much CC.... beams, UV's, cyclones, roots, hibernates...

We have so many tools, you're just not using them right.
12/03/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Strobelight
Wrong.I play one of the most gimped PvP specs in the game, and Balance druids are an easy kill for me.The OP has a very valid point.

This game isn't balanced around 1v1. Nothing out damages me in an RBG, Boomkins are just very gear and cooldown dependent. Once you get better gear and a t2 weapon, you will see that you have unbelievable damage. With cooldowns up your damage is nearly unhealable. Once your cds are down play more defensive, we have so much CC.... beams, UV's, cyclones, roots, hibernates...

We have so many tools, you're just not using them right.

I know the game isn't "balanced" around 1v1 but there SHOULD be some consideration for it. Every single pvp'er finds themselves in 1v1 situations all the time. Whether it's in a bg or out in the open world get jumped from stealth. I know people in all the other classes that would eagerly put up 10,000 gold against 1,000 gold versus ANY Moonkin in a duel. Point is, 1v1 happens ALL THE TIME, it's unavoidable and to ignore or remove consideration for it makes no sense.
The thing is, is it really Blizzards intent to say "Umm, look, all you Moonkins just need to run away if you find yourself in a 1v1 situation because we're not going to give you the ability to have at least as good a shot at beating your opponent as they do of you." ?
I'm in no way advocating immortality or "god mode" for Moonkins, but I WOULD like to have (gear and skill being equal) at least as good a chance as the other guy at winning when I'm caught alone.
I challenge anyone at Blizz to create a 90 Moonkin, give it all the Malev Glad gear (non-elite) then go find equally geared players from all the other calsses outside the gates of SW (or Org if you're horde) on the various pvp servers and watch how easily you get picked up, body slammed, b*tch smacked and stomped into a mudpuddle.
I understand that I have a long way to go, but I can't comprehend how people can say balance is so awful at 90 when I (Level 34 at the moment) am doing so ridiculously well. Is there just a point where it all goes down the drain, or is the skillcap raised so high that 90% of players can't keep up with it? I've seen some fantastic moonkins at cap but the general consensus is that I should just go resto at 90.
Moonkins aren't so bad, even 1v1. Gear certainly helps and lots of crit for those SS procs. If you are given time to cast you can practically cc a healer forever by yourself. If the poo hits the fan displacer beast (especially when combined with symbiosis on a rogue) is a great escape mechanism.
Wait, what? Besides Solar Beam, what Moonkin thing changed?
12/05/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Yesthisisdog
I understand that I have a long way to go, but I can't comprehend how people can say balance is so awful at 90 when I (Level 34 at the moment) am doing so ridiculously well. Is there just a point where it all goes down the drain, or is the skillcap raised so high that 90% of players can't keep up with it? I've seen some fantastic moonkins at cap but the general consensus is that I should just go resto at 90.

Lower levels don't really factor into the equation as much due to the wild imbalances in gear / stats. At 90, full Malevolent Gladiator's gear has all the same stats essentially. My point was that all the other caster class dps can easily outdamage a Moonkin 1v1. ALL the other casters have some sort of power shield to absorb damage, while Moonkins have to eat all the damage. Prior to 5.1 our self heals were good enough so that when caught in 1v1 situations we had a decent chance to overcome the enemy. 5.1 was simply a thinly disguised nerf to Moonkins (despite Blizzard mentioning reducing S Priest self heals) as 5.1 didn't do a THING to reduce the absorb amounts to Power Shields. So what we're left with is reduced healing for hybrid dps but leaving their shields at full power. So combine lower healing for the S Priests, but keep full power shields, versus a Moonkin with NO shield and the same weakened healing....so you tell me what did Blizz THINK was going to happen?? All it did was aggravate the situation to be even worse for Moonkins.
I dont understand what every1 is complaining about , Ive never has so much fun on my boomy until this expansion.
Druids are a complex class , go play a rogue if all you wanna do his hit 1 button .

with all the utilities as a druids , you should be able to take or at least give any1 a run for there money

you have more then enough escapes in every form , you have stealth , bear form , bear heals , entanglement , instant roots , instant heals , big heals , nature swiftness, cyclone , and the list goes on... Not to mention the sick burst damage.

Try Learning to play before you !@#$% !
I dont understand what every1 is complaining about , Ive never has so much fun on my boomy until this expansion.
Druids are a complex class , go play a rogue if all you wanna do his hit 1 button .

with all the utilities as a druids , you should be able to take or at least give any1 a run for there money

you have more then enough escapes in every form , you have stealth , bear form , bear heals , entanglement , instant roots , instant heals , big heals , nature swiftness, cyclone , and the list goes on... Not to mention the sick burst damage.

All them utilities almost has you to 1200 in 2s.

Oh please....

You completely missed my point Moocaholic. Sure, when caught 1v1 I can run and manage to get away most times. The ability to run away from my attacker wasn't the issue.

Ever wonder why you don't see Moonkins on top 3v3 teams? Just casually perusing the Arena Junkies top U.S. based 3v3 teams I don't see a Moonkin on any of the top 20 teams. I do however see a team rated 2628 that's Mage / Rogue / Lock. They're 187 / 12. THAT should tell you about "survivability" of the other dps classes versus survivability by a Moonkin.
The point I was making Moocaholic was that with 5.1 Moonkin survivability was greatly decreased in unfair proportion to the other casting / hybrid classes.