4 piece tier bonus - why?

Death Knight
"Your Pillar of Frost ability grants 5% additional Strength, and your Unholy Frenzy ability grants 10% additional Haste."

First off, 5% Strength is worth more than 10% Haste to their respective specs.

Pillar of frost has an up-time of 33%, Unholy Frenzy has an up-time of roughly 16%.

Did Blizzard even TRY to balance this? Gear already scales better for Frost to begin with. I can only ask "why?"
I somewhat agree, It should be at least 15% additional haste. I'm sure you can do the numbers on finding the right % for the haste, not sure why blizzard couldn't.
I don't find the 4 piece to be amazing at all. The two piece is fantastic though. They may change it eventually.
Yeah, our 4 sets are very disappointing.

tank 4 set means 10% extra death strike heal, but wait, that extra 10% doesn't get added to our blood shield.
The 4 piece isn't amazing for either spec and people will definitely be mixing both 2 pieces once the next tier is released, but I'm confused in particular why the 4 piece favors one spec so dramatically?

I mean, I wouldn't be complaining if it were just a little bit better for Frost, but when it's over twice as good for one spec than the other, there's an issue.

Tier bonuses should never be over 2 times as good for one spec than the others..

I somewhat agree, It should be at least 15% additional haste. I'm sure you can do the numbers on finding the right % for the haste, not sure why blizzard couldn't.

It should be around 21-22% haste rather than 10. I'm literally terrible at math and can still do a better job than the professionals did on this..

tank 4 set means 10% extra death strike heal, but wait, that extra 10% doesn't get added to our blood shield.

What? It doesn't? Why wouldn't it?

I knew the bonus was marginally good, at best, but I thought it still added to our blood shields.
The 2 piece bonus is also biased towards frost. I feel like death coil should be on there with SS.
2 Set should increase Death Coil and Scourge strike by 10%

4 set should increase Shadow and nature dmg while under the effects of Unholy Frenzy by 20% (for Soul reaper, Gargoyle).
I hope Blizzard sees this. I really don't understand their thought process when they decided to make the tier bonus twice as good for frost as it is for unholy.

4 set should increase Shadow and nature dmg while under the effects of Unholy Frenzy by 20% (for Soul reaper, Gargoyle).

We don't line up Gary to go with UF anymore since he stopped benefiting from it in MoP, so this doesn't make much sense. Unholy Frenzy may some times be up at <35% for Soul Reaper, but that also doesn't make much sense. If it gave bonus shadow damage, the only real benefit would be the shadow half of Scourge Strike.

However I think extra haste is fine, it's just the number is far too low. I wasn't even gonna get into the 2 piece bonus since that's another topic to discuss so yeah.
Bump
Even for Frost 5% STR for Pillar with 33% uptime is +1.67% overall STR. The 4 piece bonus being weaker than the 2 piece bonus is definitely weird.

Heck, the Ret paladin 4 piece bonus is a 33% cooldown reduction on their +20% damage CD. I would love to see a 20 sec cooldown reduction on Pillar instead of 5% extra STR when it's activated.
Both 2P and 4P bonus favors Frost.

2P should increase SS and DC damage by 15%. even 10% damage to both SS and DC would be a little balanced.
A 2H frost dk deals about 60% of his damage by oblit and FS.and an unholy DK can only do about 20-25% damage by SS.

Great fail here.

and 4p should reduce UF and PoF's CD by 40-45%.

4p would provide equal bonus to both spec.

If you think that would be overpowered,then look at ret paladins 4P bonus.

Ret paladins 20% damage CD allows them to do more than 20% damage while active.
And their 4P actually reduce the CD by about 50%.
well DW barely touches oblit so the 2pc is only biased towards 2h frost which is still behind dw in dmg anyway so it doesnt really make frost more powerful than unholy.

cant say much bout 4pc cos ive never played unholy tho
Even for Frost 5% STR for Pillar with 33% uptime is +1.67% overall STR. The 4 piece bonus being weaker than the 2 piece bonus is definitely weird.

Heck, the Ret paladin 4 piece bonus is a 33% cooldown reduction on their +20% damage CD. I would love to see a 20 sec cooldown reduction on Pillar instead of 5% extra STR when it's activated.

I understand that the 4 piece is lackluster for both specs, however this is about how much worse the bonus is for unholy. I mean this is the first tier for unholy that's been so bad that we don't even WANT the 4 piece, it is better to avoid it all together to avoid that nasty mastery chest and helmet.

Blizz, if you're reading this, it needs a fix.
11/28/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Scyzek
I don't find the 4 piece to be amazing at all. The two piece is fantastic though. They may change it eventually.

If you do not find the 4p for frost amazing then you are lost. 5% aditional strength is pretty significant when we have ~15-16k. 18k+ fully raid buffed.
Easy fix swap 4set bonus with 2set

Yes it does, that was fixed with 5.1.

Also, 5% str is about equal to 10% haste for frost. For unholy, who knows, I don't play it because it's terrible.

That last part makes me sad.
11/30/2012 02:47 AMPosted by Texasdan
For unholy, who knows, I don't play it because it's terrible.

Unholy rocks this expasion, its my favorite spec right now, maybe you are just terrible at playing it