Razorgore. LOL?

General Discussion
Eh i give up on him. I cant do him alone he dies to fast.
I don't see how it is possible to solo him. I've tried releasing him as soon as the first add spawn but then they spawn too fast and you can't kill the eggs before he dies. If someone has actually done this i'd love to know how cause right now it seems pretty impossible
Break MC, kill some adds. Rinse and repeat.

Killed him solo on my Monk (was close and took a few tries) just because it's soloable doesn't mean it should be faceroll. Less QQ more pewpew.
Just solo him, used my fire and earth elemntal between casts, started with the fardest eggs and worked my way back. Also magma totem is awesome to keep aggro on mobs.
The issue is that a semi-big deal was made about allowing players to more easily solo old bosses in 5.1, but all of the bosses that were un-soloable before are still un-soloable.

It is still not possible to solo Razorgore because you:
a) cannot protect him from adds and control him at the same time
b) cannot heal him because while you aren't controlling him, he's an enemy
c) break all the eggs before he is killed by adds.

Even though they reduced the cooldown of Destroy Egg to 3 seconds, you still can't break every egg in the room before Razorgore is dead. Unless you can magically cause all of the adds to attack you instead of him, while you are channeling.

EDIT: On a related note, C'Thun is still impossible to solo legitimately. You can still exploit Ouro to kill him, but he still one-shots you if you go to his stomach and nobody is on the surface.

Twin Emperors are now comfortably soloable though, provided you have enough purely magic of purely physical damage.

the rebuff you get from controlling him is down to 6 seconds, so its very easy to drop the control and then grab and kill adds then grab it again, just because your single strat doesn't work doesn't mean its impossible to solo.

Try changing what you do rather than just giving up.
The issue is that a semi-big deal was made about allowing players to more easily solo old bosses in 5.1, but all of the bosses that were un-soloable before are still un-soloable.

Even though they reduced the cooldown of Destroy Egg to 3 seconds, you still can't break every egg in the room before Razorgore is dead. Unless you can magically cause all of the adds to attack you instead of him, while you are channeling.

EDIT: On a related note, C'Thun is still impossible to solo legitimately. You can still exploit Ouro to kill him, but he still one-shots you if you go to his stomach and nobody is on the surface.

Twin Emperors are now comfortably soloable though, provided you have enough purely magic of purely physical damage.

Razorgore is soloable. I did the same day the patch came out. You can right click on Razorgore's portrait and stop MCing him. Gather up the adds s othat they are attacking you and click the orb again. Destroy as many eggs as you can,as fast as you can. When more adds come stop MCing and gather the mup again. Rinse,Repeat,Win.
i killed C'thun Today solo...I'm going try a way get Razorgore soon. I got a feeling its MC him Kill a few eggs release kill adds and repeat. I'll try that tomrmrow.
I soloed him with shaman and lock at 90:

shaman: use both fire and earth elementals in between channels to help keep the adds down

warlock: used dark apotheosis and grim sac- got enough healing aggro to keep them mostly off the boss

both were still very close though

U can't solo him.

Yes. You can.
It's called strategy and not giving up after one try because you can't faceroll him.

Seriously getting tired of the old raid whining here...
He is soloable.

U can't solo him.

Yes. You can.

While it's true, only certain classes/specs can. It's still a complete failure on Blizzard's part as their stated intention was for any player to be able to solo it.

The complete lack of blue posts acknowledging this, when they've acknowledged every other major issue about 5.1, leads me to believe that truthfully did just totally forget to retune the encounters and don't want to admit it.
I soloed him on this toon yesterday. It's definitely hard but not impossible. Just drop the MC every couple eggs to keep add numbers down, and bring him as far away as possible before you drop it so you can kill adds without worrying about him.
It is still not possible to solo Razorgore because you:a) cannot protect him from adds and control him at the same timeb) cannot heal him because while you aren't controlling him, he's an enemyc) break all the eggs before he is killed by adds.
I just did it tonight. Check my armory. Well you can't really tell I did it alone, but I did.

The trick is that when razorgore has a lot of adds on him, you dismiss him (like a pet) and go kill the adds, then control him again. I repeated this process about 3 times and destroyed all the eggs with about 10% left on razorgore's health.

It took me about 6 attempts before I discovered this method on the internet. I'm only dissapointed that I didn't think of it myself. but there you go; you're welcome.

the rebuff you get from controlling him is down to 6 seconds, so its very easy to drop the control and then grab and kill adds then grab it again, just because your single strat doesn't work doesn't mean its impossible to solo.

Try changing what you do rather than just giving up.

Ah! I was skeptical of the soloing claims but your news makes me believe it.
11/29/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Eneria
Eh i give up on him. I cant do him alone he dies to fast.
one video i watched showed a rogue dropping the mind control, killing all the mobs, then using a 5 cp recup before he controled again. The recup healing aggro'd the mobs and kept the boss clear. Now that I think of it, spec into 2nd wind and taking off some armor so they could get me down to 35% could probably do the trick too.

But really it's too easy to just drop the MC and go kill stuff, then MC him again.
Change to what? I've tried every possible way to do this, the adds just eventually get on him and single targeting them off his before he dies just doesn't work. what is the correct strategy?
That wasn't the intention. You honestly think anyone at Blizzard is sitting there thinking making Razorgore etc. easier to solo is new?

They added pets to the old raids. Some of them are gated by bosses that require multiple players based on mechanics. Changing this is so people can solo farm the pets. It goes hand in hand with being able to enter pre-MoP raids without being in a raid group.
11/28/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Sigtýr
EDIT: On a related note, C'Thun is still impossible to solo legitimately

Funny, i killed him solo tonight without using any bug or exploit.