Dark Apothesis and PvP

Warlock
Is this a standard glyph for PvP? I've been using it and it seems extremely solid, especially against melee classes. I've never been this confident when fighting a rogue. Fury ward just seems so juicy. Is there any guide as to how to use it effectively in PvP, such as, should I always be in it, when to transform into it, if I don't need to use my regular meta, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Dark apothesis is, as you found out, very sturdy. However you should be noticing how much pressure you lack. DA's damage is less than that of the typical caster form, and while it's nice to pop DA if you need to out tank something, it shouldn't be the go to form for PvP.

It is insanely fun though, because while your opponent might not die, neither will you. I usually use DA in BG's where I might need to defend something, like a base or if I captured the flag. Demonic leap+Demonic Gateway+Demonic portal+Pursuit, when properly positioned and timed, can take you 200+ yards in a second. Combine that with the knockback, the CC, and the slow, DA cannot be caught (and even when you do catch us, we should have at least 5 defensive cooldowns to use).

Now that Demonic Gateway doesn't despawn by being outranged WSG is quite interesting.
Is Dark Apothesis only on the test server or somthing? I've always played affliction but just started trying to learn Demo and I can't find any reference to this glyph or spell anywhere.
11/29/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Smithster
Is Dark Apothesis only on the test server or somthing? I've always played affliction but just started trying to learn Demo and I can't find any reference to this glyph or spell anywhere.
Glyph of Demon Hunting gives you the ability
11/29/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Divergent
Dark apothesis is, as you found out, very sturdy. However you should be noticing how much pressure you lack. DA's damage is less than that of the typical caster form, and while it's nice to pop DA if you need to out tank something, it shouldn't be the go to form for PvP.

I noticed that the passive from Master Demonologist increases damage while in caster form, and reduces damage received while in DA, but not increasing the damage you deal as well.

Is that what you're referring to when saying that it doesn't do as much damage? If so, then I guess this bracket of PvP is the best to do it in, ha.
Dark apo increases my armor from 15756 to 48639, 51% physical damage reduction, now include your resilience, sacrificial pact another 125k shield, unending resolve +40% damage reduction, and fury ward 60k shield. my voidlord gets to 107k armor, 70% damage reduction. go ahead enemy, blast away. i can take it.
Agreed with Blonky, you can cheese your defensive stats pretty high,
When i experimented with it, I picked Soul Link, Dark Regen, and Grim of Supremecy, with the Glyph of Demon Training for Health boost to the Wrathguard and Fury ward is a 10 sec CD
I can solo some level 80 raids pretty easy if I just remember the fights, and know which bosses to dismiss my pet/ Talent change to GrimOfSac. The thing is you really have to wear them down, since you're constantly fighting for resources for Fury Ward, and the CD on Hand of Guldan, with corruption.
Now I did 1 arena with, only 1, a 2v2 match; I was teamed with a holy priest, and we faced a Frost DK, and a Resto Druid
This match lasted 38 minutes (Prior to 5.1 25 min cap.), and the Druid OOM'd twice, we only won because the Frost DK just gave up, he just stopped attacking, and ran OOS of his own healer, then the Resto Druid forfeited.
We killed them with boredom
I like the faster, burstier playstyle of the Destro Lock, since UA doesn't have the same bite, a 40k hits and 3 sec silence to cleanse 3 incredibly damaging dots is more than worth it.