Holy PvP & PvE - Dailies WTF?

Paladin
So I'm migrating from Prot/Ret to Holy for PvE and PvP.

Since we're being forced to do Dailies for our token/rep bread, can I ask anyone out there's who's holy for PvE and PvP just how the hell do you manage to do dalies and NOT want to slit your wrists?

Denounce - Holy Shock - Tier 6 Talent and Crusader Strike with zero AOE does NOT make for a quick/fun or enjoyable daily grind experience!

What to do? What to do?!
They're done doing dailies, do dailies as ret, or don't do them alone.
The only benefit from doing them as Holy is you pretty much wont ever die, but it takes 5x longer and very repetitive, spam Denounce and Holy shock / Judgement on cd. I think it is very worth while gearing Ret in at least heroic gear just for doing dailies and even for killing mobs on your farm, simply because it makes it that much faster
Get a ret spec, and changed glyphs / talents for your Holy spec as needed. Tomes are cheap.
Yup, ret spec is completely necessary for this purpose.
why do you have 2 holy specs. Its just tomes now to respec glyphs and talents. Get some crap ret gear off the AH and a ret off spec.
Tomes, brother!
I do them in prot, one day blizz will realize there are 3 specs for each class. One day.
Because redoing bars and hotkeys to swap skills/spells is annoying as hell D:
Pocket DPS!
Skill and gear. :)

It is not easy, but but it can be done. I guess ret is easier, but wouldn't know I don't like ret.
I agree the lack of AoE is a major problem that needs to be fixed.
Holy is in a bad way right now for soloing dailys.

Pick your fights, know what needs to die first, and use the npcs in the area wisely. (thay are there for that reason)

As for gear, int and crit is your friend, mastary is useless. (unlike for healing)

If all else fails go ret, mabe that way blizzard will fix holy faster. :)
Im the worst player in the game....

Dual spec

Learn ret.

If I can do it....so can you.
My main spec is Holy for PvP, and off spec is Holy/Shockadin for solo/dailies. I don't see the point in having a whole new set of gear to work on when I do just fine with what I have.

Shockadin off spec is viable.
My main spec is Holy for PvP, and off spec is Holy/Shockadin for solo/dailies. I don't see the point in having a whole new set of gear to work on when I do just fine with what I have.

Shockadin off spec is viable.

Unless your keybinds are different in your second Holy spec, why not just use tomes to respec your glyphs and talents? I can kinda understand if you want the convenience of just switching off with one button, but otherwise, eh.
For those of you saying go RET, the point is that many of us hate the Melee playstyle.
I can't stand the mechanics of the RET spec. It is not enjoyable to me in any way, not to mention that we have to carry around a completely different set of gear in our bags.

I have two holy specs - 1 for healing and 1 for maximizing holy DPS. Yes it takes longer but I'm willing to put up with that to not have to go RET spec and use a playstyle i don't like.

Several people have suggested a true holy casting DPS spec for Pallies which I would love to see. Granted this spec would probably have to have our plate armor rating nerfed so we wouldn't be like mages with a high armor rating.
I do dailies in Prot and its not bad at all; its actually better than Ret a lot of the time since you can aggro a lot of things and take them down as fast as ret would have to single target and kill each one individually. Ret has good AOE dmg but cant take all that damage at once without dying.
not to mention that we have to carry around a completely different set of gear in our bags.

I have a Retribution PvP set, a Retribution PvE set, a Holy PvP set and a Holy PvE set. Add to that things like my Fishing Pole, Enchanting Rod, Hearthstone, Wraps, Standards, Food, Engineering things, et cetera and I'm really rocking out maybe a bag of free space at any time. :D
I agree with Roahin on this. I carry RET pvp/pve...holy pvp/pve.

I take up a bag and half of space. That is until I convince a guildy to just give me 11 royal satchels. Then ill be insane with bag space.

I can appreciate not enjoying the ret spec for dailies dps. But I can still pull 2 or 3 mobs. bubble pop a cd and kill everything before im dead. And having better ret gear obviously will greatly increase the dailies speed.
Cheers for the feedback guys. Atm I have Holy/Holy for PvE/PvP, but I'm considering dropping it and going for a Tank spec (my roots). I'm trying out all specs in the game atm for Pally, but Prot is where I have spent most time.

It's not impossible to do dailies as holy, but it's definitely irritating.

Thanks for the help!