Way Too Much Hand Holding Crap in 5.1

General Discussion
Post Limit:
1 2 3 10 Next
Big splash alerts on my screen when CC'd, an "Are you sure?" box when leaving groups, and orange raid text in a party that nobody ever sees in a chatbox filled with orange DBM text.

Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.
people are running out of things to complain about
Also. I want my totems back. I didn't roll a shaman to cast spells. I rolled to use totems.
It is like WOW 5.1 is now WOW-Vista. You know what happened to Vista?
Speaking of the CC splash alerts, is there an option to turn those off? or at least move the location? I find them to be a bit obtrusive.
11/27/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Phatpeipei

We don't talk about that...

Have you been to Lake Laogai? (nerdy TLA reference for those who don't understand x_x)
11/27/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Disregarded

Have you been to Lake Laogai?

The Earth King invites you to Lake Laogai.
Is that what the crap was? I kept getting an annoying icon on my screen when I got cced.. I thought it was an addon, but if it is a blizzard thing that would make me laugh hard. There is so much CC, i really wouldn't want that crap flashing on my screen every time.
i'm sure there is an option somewhere to turn if off if you actually look for it <_<

as for the orange raid text you're speaking of, you can change the color of text.
Posted by Disregarded

Have you been to Lake Laogai?

I am honored to accept his invitation o_o
11/27/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Ffraid

Hello! My name is Ju'dee! Welcome to Ba Sing Se.
Because there is not enough cc in game.
11/27/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Evilknieval
Speaking of the CC splash alerts, is there an option to turn those off? or at least move the location? I find them to be a bit obtrusive.

yeah u can turn off the alerts through interface - combat options. but u cant change the glowing screen and all of your abilities doing that stupid slow refresh thing. hopefully someone can make an addon to disable that

Thanks Evil.

So we are not allowed to see the cooldowns on our abilities during loss of control of character anymore. Wow.
11/27/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Evilknieval
people are running out of things to complain about

no this is stupid. my screen doesnt need to vibrate and flash red when im getting feared.
I'm on vacation and sitting in my hotel room atm. haven't had a chance to check out the new patch, but that sounds like stuff where there should be an option to turn it off. Have you checked the settings?
11/27/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Stormtides
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.
I don't see what's so useful about it. Yeah, I'm CC'd... what else is new.