Way Too Much Hand Holding Crap in 5.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
11/27/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Vail
I don't see what's so useful about it. Yeah, I'm CC'd... what else is new.
On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

They're invasive and not all that useful for PvE. Gonna have to disagree with you, big guy.
11/27/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Iroñthor

That's all PvP is... fear fear fear stun stun fear stun fear stun fear stun.

Oh and staring at a black and white landscape too.

I thought they were supposedly going to make Battlegrounds a little easier to get into?

hahaha yeah right... when people are toting around 8k PvP power weapons... hahaha.
On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

They're invasive and not all that useful for PvE. Gonna have to disagree with you, big guy.

Then, uh, disable it?

It isn't hard. Derp.
11/27/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Vail

Some CC is obvious; others, such as Silences or Disarms are somewhat less obvious. We wanted to better communicate when these effects take hold, which is what the new UI element is for. Some players prefer a visual cue and a precise timer regarding when a crowd control effect will end to better plan their next move.

As I said before, if you don't find it useful, you can easily disable it, or configure it to only communicate information that you might find useful.
11/27/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Nassin

If you need the game to tell you that you're CC'ed, you have no business playing anything more advanced than Candyland.

The game also displays what ability CC'd you. You might know you were feared, but you might not know by what exactly. It could have been a Priest fear, a warrior shout, or maybe a warlock feared you.

Maybe Hammer of Justice stunned you... or was it War Stomp from a nearby Tauren?

These things might be useful to know.
I hear the real hard-core players just Alt-Z and have NO UI.
11/27/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Alasstor
Hello! My name is Ju'dee! Welcome to Ba Sing Se.

But which Ju'dee are you?
11/27/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Tsharra

Stuns that you have to sit in constantly until your dead because you can't go defensive or escape.

Unless you have a 'get out of stun free card' like mage blink.
11/27/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Iroñthor

Unless you have a 'get out of stun free card' like mage blink.

or a 'get out of everything' card like Avatar ;)
The alerts will make it quicker to recognize that I've been CC'd, so I don't waste time trying to do things.. Instead, I can just get up a bit earlier to get a drink or take a break while the finish killing me.
11/27/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Methalos
or a 'get out of everything' card like Avatar ;)

Did you even read the patch notes? Avatar was also countered by stuns prior to the nerf.

Check your facts first.

Its almost as if you didn't even read his post
11/27/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Fugubar
The alerts will make it quicker to recognize that I've been CC'd, so I don't waste time trying to do things.. Instead, I can just get up a bit earlier to get a drink or take a break while the finish killing me.

^^
This.
11/27/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

This^^^

Besides, wth do you call all the addon's that are considered "required" by many guilds to raid, such as DBM
Complains about "hand holding crap".

Mentions DBM.

GENIUS!

Mods, vent/mumble/skype, and "cheat" sites (Wowhead, wowdb, etc) are "hand holding crap".

People in this thread are hilarious.