Way Too Much Hand Holding Crap in 5.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
11/27/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Methalos
I hear the real hard-core players just Alt-Z and have NO UI.

Did that on accident before I knew it was a thing you could do. I thought wow broke :(
In PvP I enjoy this, many times I've been CC'd/stunned and wasn't sure within my snap reaction.
11/27/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

How about we have defaulted to off and have people opt INTO it instead?

Also, name ONE PERSON who needed/wanted/asked for this. Ya know what we've BEEN asking for? Having the stinking fishing tourney fixed so we can go back to losing the tournament every week in an effort to get a title.

WHAT ABOUT THAT?

Also, name ONE PERSON who needed/wanted/asked for this.

The guy who posted right above you?
11/27/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Pandamonïum
so we can go back to losing the tournament every week in an effort to get a title.

I lol'd
I kinda like the control alerts myself.

Maybe Crabby could be brought back for the people that really don't get it.. "I see you're feared. Would you like to learn more about fears and how to avoid them?"

Also, name ONE PERSON who needed/wanted/asked for this.

The guy who posted right above you?

He said he found it useful, not that he was finally happy to get a feature that he had been asking for from Blizzard for lengthy periods of time.

11/27/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Illua
so we can go back to losing the tournament every week in an effort to get a title.

I lol'd

Well it's true! I never win, but I would still try every week in vain!
The minimalist nature of LoseControl still makes it king for me.
I don't see what's wrong with holding hands...

The world needs more compassionate people.

PDOA ftw.

There was only one set of footsteps in the sand, because that was when Blizzard was carrying me.
Its just terrible that a completely optional addon helps people play.
11/27/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Danaris

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

This does not stop your action bars from going so red that you can barely see your cooldowns

This. There is currently no way to completely disable it.
I don't mind it. But man, I was never aware that I get CCed that often while questing until this functionality was introduced. I am not bothered by it, nor helps me in anyway .

My only comment regarding this matter is, they know that WoW addons has a huge community of developer. Why not use the effort for something more important.
You can turn it off so it doesn't show icons/timers in the middle of the screen, but even if it is turned off you can not see the cooldowns of abilities on your action bars.

I'll certainly make sure that feedback is passed on.
11/27/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Daxxarri
You can turn it off so it doesn't show icons/timers in the middle of the screen, but even if it is turned off you can not see the cooldowns of abilities on your action bars.

I'll certainly make sure that feedback is passed on.

That's really all we can reasonably ask of you. Thanks a lot Daxx.
11/27/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Zanber
Know what we're complaining about before you just assume the GM is right %^- hat.

What's got your panties in a bunch?