Way Too Much Hand Holding Crap in 5.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
I have to wonder if anyone has thought that the reason they've added all this baby hand holding stuff is because of the sheer amount of bads and "casuals" that complained. It's become what everyone yiped about, it's still a fun game but it's really been streamlined to fit the lazy !@# who doesn't want to think to play. That may sound like an insult but I believe it's true, I really do. In the end it all comes down to one thing - gear.

All the complaints revolved around one thing - getting gear, making it easier to get; every one of these little changes were meant to make the game easier and to appease the "I don't want to think, I have a life" crowd. Now you see what you've done to it, thanks much.
11/27/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Stormtides
Also. I want my totems back. I didn't roll a shaman to cast spells. I rolled to use totems.

You do realize that resto and elemental shamans use spells right? I could give you an entire list, but you can just open your spell book and look at it yourself.

Also,

11/27/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

Sometimes, you just have to hand-hold by literally spelling out the directions to the people that don't want the hand holding.
Okay guys. Clearly you didn't see my post on page 3. So let me spell this out.

I.
WAS.
TROLLING.

And in reference to the orange text, I meant because EVERYONE uses DBM, and thus no one notices more orange text in the chat as it scrolls by. Reading comprehension is hard, ain't it?

Also, I love how this thread got 9 pages of "LOL OP, U SUCK" because people can't understand sarcasm.

Troll fed.
11/27/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Stormtides
"Are you sure?" box when leaving groups

I actually like this idea.. I've probably left dozens of random pugs on accident to my dismay.

The CC alert does seem a bit gaudy though.
11/27/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Stormtides
Blizzard. Remove this crap.

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

Bazinga
11/27/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Alasstor
people are running out of things to complain about

No really. The resources pissed away on this could have gone for something like, Hmmm, a quest chain that is NOT another daily.
I like the change. Now I can make flashy youtube video's of how long I sit in cc.
Not everyone runs with DBM. Turn it off if you don't like it.
You can turn it off so it doesn't show icons/timers in the middle of the screen, but even if it is turned off you can not see the cooldowns of abilities on your action bars.

You can turn it off so it doesn't show icons/timers in the middle of the screen, but even if it is turned off you can not see the cooldowns of abilities on your action bars.

Game is unplayable at the moment, with all the CC in the game, and being completely blind to cooldowns in the CC is insane.
HUGE SHOUT OUT TO THAYA from EU

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/234247-disabling-red-bars-working-method/#entry3812698

Disabling those !@#$ty %^-*ing red bars even when the new LoseControl is disabled.

Download http://www.mediafire.com/?6yw41kb2wdxyx2t or just add the line of script to an addon you always run on start up.(see the AJ link for it)
Also. I want my totems back. I didn't roll a shaman to cast spells. I rolled to use totems.

I miss my totems as well. Now we are nothing but a mage.
I can see where people have issues with these new bar effects. Personally, I like the red when locked out as it really helps draw my eyes directly to my abilities I can use while stunned to check their CDs, BUT I also have a mod that puts cooldown numbers on my abilities so I can still see my cooldowns through the red. I'm sure without that, it would be absolutely annoying to not be able to see any cooldowns.

I actually do want my totems back. At least some of them:

Mana spring
Healing Stream (the old one)
Elemental Resistance (was actually very good in some situations)
Stoneskin

Also I'd like to see a new totem that basically acts like a Power word: Barrier on a 2 minute cd. To make it balanced it could share it's cd with Spiritlink Totem.
I want Cleansing Totem back... >.>
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

Thank you.

I'd like the totems back too. I miss them. It's like when Blizz took tree form from druids; we can adapt but they still missed it. A lot.

One xpac later, they got them back!

Could shaman get their totems back a little sooner?
these are useful user interface elements.

Agreed. It's not "hand-holding" anymore than it's "hand-holding" to have an icon tell a player when his gear is broken.
HUGE SHOUT OUT TO THAYA from EU

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/234247-disabling-red-bars-working-method/#entry3812698

Disabling those !@#$ty %^-*ing red bars even when the new LoseControl is disabled.

Download http://www.mediafire.com/?6yw41kb2wdxyx2t or just add the line of script to an addon you always run on start up.(see the AJ link for it)

This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.
they done this with so many things simply they took features that ppl dwnloaded addons for and put them in game it was a good idea i like it