Suggestion: LFR loot

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
Just because you are too impatient to wait for gear to drop doesn't mean that point gear or LFR is required.

You have absolutely no clue how the game is run now, do you? Nobody is content wiping on a boss because they chose not to do lfr.
12/01/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Postonforums
Just because you are too impatient to wait for gear to drop doesn't mean that point gear or LFR is required.

You have absolutely no clue how the game is run now, do you? Nobody is content wiping on a boss because they chose not to do lfr.
Then gear from outside of raiding Normal/Heroics would not be "required" if they are not wiping.
12/01/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Zaxan
Then gear from outside of raiding Normal/Heroics would not be "required" if they are not wiping.

12/01/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Postonforums

12/01/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Zaxan
12/01/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Zaxan

Cause wiping or not is the only measure of success right? I mean, peoples time isn't worth anything. The world first races aren't worth anything. The server first races aren't worth anything. And everyone clears all HM bosses on their first attempt.

Right?
Cause wiping or not is the only measure of success right? I mean, peoples time isn't worth anything. The world first races aren't worth anything. The server first races aren't worth anything. And everyone clears all HM bosses on their first attempt.

Right?
Impatience is not a component of "requirement".

If you are going for Server/World firsts, you ALREADY want to do WHATEVER it takes to get it.

If you do not have the time to raid Normal/Heroic modes, you wouldn't be raiding Normal/Heroic modes, since one of the "requirements" to raid Normal/Heroic modes is to have the time to raid.
Gems aren't required
enchants aren't required
Breathing is a choice
living is a choice too.

12/01/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Zaxan
If you are going for Server/World firsts, you ALREADY want to do WHATEVER it takes to get it.

Already is a funny word, they keep adding things, people keep doing them, burnout, it happens and the more crap thrown at people, the more it happens.
12/01/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Postonforums
Already is a funny word, they keep adding things, people keep doing them, burnout, it happens and the more crap thrown at people, the more it happens.
Then it's a good thing that you can only go for Server/World first ONCE per content, eh?
12/01/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Zaxan
You CAN wait for gear to drop from Normal/Heroic raiding. You just don't WANT to.

At first I was going to write a coherent and reasonable response, but then I realize Zaxan is either trolling, stupid, or both. And as far as I can tell hasn't killed a full raid of normal bosses in Cata or MoP (and perhaps no normal bosses at all).

Have a nice life, Zaxan.
12/01/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Zaxan
Then it's a good thing that you can only go for Server/World first ONCE per content, eh?

You don't seem to grasp the concept, that there's more than 1 guild in the world.
You CAN wait for gear to drop from Normal/Heroic raiding. You just don't WANT to.

At first I was going to write a coherent and reasonable response, but then I realize Zaxan is either trolling, stupid, or both. And as far as I can tell hasn't killed a full raid of normal bosses in Cata or MoP (and perhaps no normal bosses at all).

Have a nice life, Zaxan.
Nope, I sure haven't - I raided back when there was no other option BUT to wait for gear to drop.

Gear from outside what they are raiding is no more "required" in order to raid then it was back then.

Gear from outside what they are raiding is simply an OPTION for those who are too IMPATIENT to wait for raiding gear to drop from what they are raiding, UNLESS you are wiping and can't kill a boss even AFTER all of your team is geared up from the bosses you CAN kill, then it IS required.
Gear from outside what they are raiding is simply an OPTION for those who are too IMPATIENT to wait for raiding gear to drop from what they are raiding.

Do you want more money
or less

OPTION
12/01/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Postonforums
Gear from outside what they are raiding is simply an OPTION for those who are too IMPATIENT to wait for raiding gear to drop from what they are raiding.

Do you want more money
or less

OPTION
WANT doesn't mean REQUIRED - NEED means REQUIRED
Nope, I sure haven't - I raided back when there was no other option BUT to wait for gear to drop.

Gear from outside what they are raiding is no more "required" in order to raid then it was back then.

Quite the reverse. Because if other guilds get the outside gear and your guild doesn't, you fall behind. Have to keep up with the Joneses or your recruiting is terrible.
12/01/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Balkoth
if other guilds get the outside gear and your guild doesn't, you fall behind.
if your goal is to not fall behind another guild, you ALREADY to WANT to do what they are doing...and the RNG in drops in raids is going to make sure you can NOT control that anyway...that guild might get lucky and get MORE useful raid drops then your guild does in a week (IE: your guild got alot of duplicate gear and other guilds got gear that everyone can use) and they can pass you up easily because they have MORE useful raid drops then your guild...
12/01/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Zaxan
if your goal is to not fall behind another guild, you ALREADY to WANT to do what they are doing

No, you don't. You only want to do as much as you have to do stay competitive and maximize your guild's chances of success.

If the only way to get better raiding gear was to, y'know, actually do raids, I'd be much happier. Or even if there was just a valor vendor and hitting valor cap wasn't a pain.
The point isn't that they don't do it already (obviously they do) - it's that they shouldn't have to in order to stay competitive.

You are a stupid troll, but I couldn't help but reply.

As an LFR hero, and a casual, I can say I want to see this changed. So it's not just the hardcore guilds.
12/01/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Ghatok
they shouldn't have to in order to stay competitive.
yes you SHOULD have to do the same things as everyone else when you compete with everyone else...

wouldn't be a very fair competition if you did not, would it?
if your goal is to not fall behind another guild, you ALREADY to WANT to do what they are doing

No, you don't. You only want to do as much as you have to do stay competitive and maximize your guild's chances of success.

If the only way to get better raiding gear was to, y'know, actually do raids, I'd be much happier. Or even if there was just a valor vendor and hitting valor cap wasn't a pain.
you want to compete by doing LESS then those you are wanting to compete with are doing?

That doesn't sound like a very fair competition at all.