So how would you all rank the difficulty?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 16 17 18 23 Next
12/04/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Crooklyn
7 bosses every 7-12 months is exactly how much content i like out of my world of warcraft

Don't lie to me! Play PoE with me, just sayin'.

previous poster said jade. though i assume that if they are actually breaking them during jade, then that would be the problem, wouldn't it!

Nah we're not THAT bad. I meant that in addition to the damage that jade dishes out, breaking chains is just too much for the healers. While that leads me to believe there is a problem with our healing department, I am hesitant to play the blame game because then we will just start killing each other instead of these bosses.

I just signed us up for that world of logs thing for our run tonight. I'm hoping that will help us out in identifying problems and fixing them so we can actually get past the first boss (sigh lol).

Purposefully breaking chains should never be too much for your healers because you should only purposefully break chains during Jasper Petrification. For the rest of the time, your Jasper Chains victims need to just stand together.

And if breaking them during the appropriate time is too hard, then all they need to do is just stand together for the duration of the fight. Stand next to someone you're chained to with a giant fiery red graphic is pretty much the least brain-demanding thing you can do.
12/02/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Sarosha
Except despite all the arguments I have listened, my gear is all mostly correctly geared and enchanted... yes yes we can sit here all day arguing about mr robot, icy veins, inc bear, and Sj and which is best, self simming and all that. Such as some guides say Collosus and some say windsong...

Why, this far into the tier, do you have a 440 chest? After a few minutes of out-of-game investigation I was able to find that there's a Golden Lotus quest at honored that offers Delicate Chestguard of the Golden Lotus.

I didn't know off-hand, and took a few minutes to investigate it, which also lead me to Korloff's Raiment. A quick look shows you've only run Scarlet Monastery 4 times in the last couple of months.

Honestly, what is your problem that you can't even put forth the most basic effort? You spend more time making excuses than anyone can reasonably accept.
12/04/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Zenway

previous poster said jade. though i assume that if they are actually breaking them during jade, then that would be the problem, wouldn't it!

Nah we're not THAT bad. I meant that in addition to the damage that jade dishes out, breaking chains is just too much for the healers. While that leads me to believe there is a problem with our healing department, I am hesitant to play the blame game because then we will just start killing each other instead of these bosses.

I just signed us up for that world of logs thing for our run tonight. I'm hoping that will help us out in identifying problems and fixing them so we can actually get past the first boss (sigh lol).

Ah. I'd forgotten about jade's AoE dmg. This fight is painful in starting gear but the good thing is if your raiders are running LFR you'll find your healers can easily manage the encounter. Our kill last night I didn't even notice the dmg from Jade and kind of forgot it was there LOL. And we're 2-healing all fights now.
I'm surprised about the comments saying 16 bosses is too many, it looks alot on paper but then you realise that you can clear hof in about 90 mins and toes in less then an hour.

At some point you will stop running MSV especially if you aren't a heroic mode raider and it looks even more manageable, giving people options in the content they want to tackle is great, having guilds at various progression levels in both normal and hard mode is a good thing and healthy for the game.
I'm surprised about the comments saying 16 bosses is too many, it looks alot on paper but then you realise that you can clear hof in about 90 mins and toes in less then an hour.

At some point you will stop running MSV especially if you aren't a heroic mode raider and it looks even more manageable, giving people options in the content they want to tackle is great, having guilds at various progression levels in both normal and hard mode is a good thing and healthy for the game.

Some guilds won't stop running MSV, at least up to Elegon, because he has the 1% drop mount.
The entire set of raids can be fully cleared in 4 hours when on farm.

The only actual difference between this and a Dragon Soul is that this tier actually has you spending more than 2 hours. An actual raiding guild can easily put 6 hours into progression on a 9-hour-week schedule.

7-8 boss tiers need a block to not be over in a month, and when they are over you spend less than 2 hours on a full clear. That's just never sustainable.

I would like to:

Do pet battles/collect pets
Join a decent RBG team
Find some time to actually try to do 3s rather than just quickly on Monday after raid to cap points
Level another alt
Find time to raid with an alt
Catch up on some nerd points

Their intent is that you are able to do these thigns during weekends, after raids, before raids etc.

Their point wasn't to keep your raid times short by providing a lack of raid content just so people would go POKEMON, because doing that would mean that people actually interested in raiding run out of raid content.
12/04/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Karamok
Except despite all the arguments I have listened, my gear is all mostly correctly geared and enchanted... yes yes we can sit here all day arguing about mr robot, icy veins, inc bear, and Sj and which is best, self simming and all that. Such as some guides say Collosus and some say windsong...

Why, this far into the tier, do you have a 440 chest? After a few minutes of out-of-game investigation I was able to find that there's a Golden Lotus quest at honored that offers Delicate Chestguard of the Golden Lotus.

I didn't know off-hand, and took a few minutes to investigate it, which also lead me to Korloff's Raiment. A quick look shows you've only run Scarlet Monastery 4 times in the last couple of months.

Honestly, what is your problem that you can't even put forth the most basic effort? You spend more time making excuses than anyone can reasonably accept.

Ill give you this one, i got overly focused on coin fishing LFR instead of looking for a more modest upgrade.

I stand corrected.

Which I should probably stop doing doing anyway, now that I have a regular raid, I should probably save coins for Hof.
12/04/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Dysheki
But the point is I don't have enough time to do all these other things because I have a raid schedule and I need to do things outside of raid to prepare (dailies for VP/charms, food, etc).
You really shouldn't have to do that much at this point. I'm exalted with everything except Anglers (because I don't care about them) and the new Rep. I've got 1 set of dailies to do, and that's it.

I don't even farm anymore because I don't care about it. I just use Feast food because I don't give a damn about the extra Stamina. And with the VP change the number of dungeons you have to do just went wayyyyyyyy down.
When I say full clear I'm talking about heroic clears which takes time to learn encounters. And I really don't have THAT much time outside of raiding. Wish I did, but I don't.

I don't like raiding all year long. I like to raid, clear content, and take breaks from raiding 3-4 nights/week. Sorry for being so unruly.

Their intent is that you are able to do these thigns during weekends, after raids, before raids etc.

Their point wasn't to keep your raid times short by providing a lack of raid content just so people would go POKEMON, because doing that would mean that people actually interested in raiding run out of raid content.

I really don't have that much time during those times you mention (and before you mention me posting on the forums I'm sitting for someone else in MV now since HoF is currently bugged and Zor'lok is casting Song of the Empress forever and I also post randomly at work). I log on randomly for short bursts but loldailies and random LFR runs if I have the time on an alt. That's all.

And I do still have to do dailies and the only thing I'm close to exalted with is Golden Lotus. I do enough dailies to get charms for the week and that's it.

I'm not saying something like DS is good. That lasted too long and the instance was too short. But that almost always happens at the end of an expansion. The last tier, imo, is when there should be a large amount of bosses for a tier.
12/04/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Dysheki
When I say full clear I'm talking about heroic clears which takes time to learn encounters. And I really don't have THAT much time outside of raiding. Wish I did, but I don't.
Honestly this sounds more like a playstyle/guild choice.
I don't like raiding all year long. I like to raid, clear content, and take breaks from raiding 3-4 nights/week. Sorry for being so unruly.

It sounds like your own playstyle choice that's driving you to want to raid at a higher level than you actually are, while enjoying the benefits of being casual.

*shrug*

If the game catered for that kind of playstyle, there would literally be nothing for the people who do want to raid to do.
12/04/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Slashlove

It sounds like your own playstyle choice that's driving you to want to raid at a higher level than you actually are, while enjoying the benefits of being casual.

*shrug*

If the game catered for that kind of playstyle, there would literally be nothing for the people who do want to raid to do.

There are plenty of things for raiders to do. Content has been cleared by only four US 25 guilds. Only 3 US 10s have cleared HoF. And we're nearly 2.5 months into the expansion. To say raiders are twiddling their thumbs is disingenuous at best.
12/04/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Zenway
I meant that in addition to the damage that jade dishes out, breaking chains is just too much for the healers.

Then don't break the chains.
It's fine, not too easy and not too hard. However bad players will always make excuses to everything regardless of the tiers difficulty.
I can't get over the fact that just a little over a year ago there were dozens of posts people would make about "Seeing the content" asking for an easier difficulty.

Now, we have dozens of posts about people having bad luck getting gear from said difficulty of content. Lol.
So far I have only cleared normal MSV and first boss in HoF. That being said in MSV I think difficulty wise it is spirit kings, feng, garajal, stone, wote, then elegon. But in all honesty the only difficult fights are elegon and wote, if adds get out of hand. But we down each boss in an attempt or two save elegon. That separates the men from the boys, or women from girls. HoF in general seems to be a step up in difficulty. Vizier requires all ppl to be able to navigate attenuation.

As a fellow person from CC, I would say progression on this server is more due to lack of population than difficulty. I just transferred to join a raid group here so in our first week we cleared msv and first boss in hof. This week we cleared msv first day, on to hof. So cc is not a victim of difficulty but of population and capable raiders in my opinion.
I'd rather have 16 bosses than 8 bosses. DS was terrible because by May it was just log-on for raid on Tuesday, clear 8/8 H in 2 hrs, no more raid content on main. At least with 16 bosses and Heroic modes, I know that my whole week will be occupied with raiding instead of having to resort to filler content like alts or past tier raids.
12/05/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Snaptaunt
I'd rather have 16 bosses than 8 bosses. DS was terrible because by May it was just log-on for raid on Tuesday, clear 8/8 H in 2 hrs, no more raid content on main. At least with 16 bosses and Heroic modes, I know that my whole week will be occupied with raiding instead of having to resort to filler content like alts or past tier raids.

12/04/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Dysheki
I'm not saying something like DS is good. That lasted too long and the instance was too short. But that almost always happens at the end of an expansion. The last tier, imo, is when there should be a large amount of bosses for a tier.
12/05/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Babzidu
I meant that in addition to the damage that jade dishes out, breaking chains is just too much for the healers.

Then don't break the chains.

Thank you, oh wise one.