Can't delete new Pandaren... STILL.

Customer Support
What I still don't understand is why Blizzard made the 8th Anniversary reward an item that had to be sent in the mail to begin with. It seems it would have made a lot more sense to just make it a buff that lasts for the duration of the event & then expires.

That would eliminated this entire issue, but apparently someone at Blizz didn't think it through very well.
12/03/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Hippeaux

The Pandaren starting area is the only one I am aware of that does not have mailboxes. Due to them being neutral until you get to around level 12 or so.

I recall being super annoyed and not being able to get my pets with my Worgen character right away. Hopefully it's been remedied since, but it seems like the last few racial starting areas were mailbox deficient.
As another person said there is one right at the start now, another when you turn into a Worgen, but nothing past that.
12/03/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Libbieri
Cause an hour is so long right /sarcasm

Yeah, because going through an entire zone and leveling up a toon you hate just so you can get your mail is a great gaming experience.

All starting zones, even DK, have mailboxes now. What were they thinking not adding one to Panda's?

I don't know, could it be that you're on A REMOTE ISLAND WITH NO REASON TO SEND MAIL TO ANYONE SINCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW IS ON THE ISLAND?

Just thinking out loud....
can high levels go back or are you guys phased? maybe an engineer could drop a mailbox?
12/05/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Darthdecay

Yeah, because going through an entire zone and leveling up a toon you hate just so you can get your mail is a great gaming experience.

All starting zones, even DK, have mailboxes now. What were they thinking not adding one to Panda's?

I don't know, could it be that you're on A REMOTE ISLAND WITH NO REASON TO SEND MAIL TO ANYONE SINCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW IS ON THE ISLAND?

Just thinking out loud....

LOL
12/05/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Oniana
can high levels go back or are you guys phased? maybe an engineer could drop a mailbox?
Much like the Worgen and Goblin starting zones, there is no way to get into the Wandering Isle from the outside.

If you'd like to delete the pandarian characters, either play through and choose a faction (go with horde - there's a mailbox right at the entrance to Orgrimmar), wait on the mail to expire (which will take 30 days), or you could try submitting a ticket and asking a GM to clear the character's mailbox so you can delete it.
Have you actually logged into the character since the anniversary ended? I logged into one of my toons that I didn't get the mail from and it does not show at all. Maybe log all the way into the character and the back out and try and delete.
12/03/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Libbieri
Cause an hour is so long right /sarcasm

Mailboxes are faction aligned. Starting Pandaren are not.
12/03/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Timedrill
Just create a ticket and ask for the character to be deleted.

GM's will not delete a character.

You can submit a ticket and ask a GM to delete the mail. If they do that, then YOU can delete the character. But a GM will never delete a character.
No mail boxes on The Wandering Isle as we do not as yet have a faction.

Once we choose a faction, we are immediately sent off to that Capital where are are mail boxes.

All other races start with a faction, Pandaren are the only race that chooses Alliance or Horde. Thus the no mail boxes until we choose a faction.

I agree it's a bit of a pain, but it's not that bad. Either wait for 30 days, complete the quests on the isle, takes 2 to 3 hours usually or submit a ticket and wait for a week or so. Normally we don't get mail on The Wandering Isle, the exception was the Anniversary gift mail, so this would not be a frequent problem.

I started a mage the other day then decided yesterday that I didn't want to roll a mage right now, so I spent about 1 1/2 hours last night playing it, I'm over half way though the quests there and probably another hour or less and I will be off. Not a big deal, the quests are fun and they go pretty fast. Then I can delete the alt once I reach Stormwind. All I have left is the Wood of Staves, then Pei Wu forest and I'm done.
12/03/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Airc
f you're in a hurry, just do the starting zone and delete the mail once you choose a faction. Otherwise you're gonna have to wait the full 30 days for that mail to be gone.

exactly what I did when I discovered that playing a monk was not my style.
It not like you would be able to even mail anything or get anything other then account bound items seeing how you can't even talk to anyone other then pandas on that island so why they dont ad a few mailboxes ?
12/11/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Rayo
It not like you would be able to even mail anything or get anything other then account bound items seeing how you can't even talk to anyone other then pandas on that island so why they dont ad a few mailboxes ?

This thread is several days old. Usually at this point it's best to start your own thread.

To answer your question though, it's because some items that are auto-mailed are faction specific. Since a Panda doesn't have a faction at first, they cannot just mail both.
12/11/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Rayo

If there's mailboxes then Pandas could both send and receive mail. Also, they have no faction so what faction are the mailboxes? Can they get mail with both? That opens up huge opportunities for exploitation, since they can receive and send mail to both factions.

Easiest solution is just to create a Panda faction mailbox. Since technically Pandas are their own faction until they choose one they could only send or receive mail from other unaligned Pandas and auto-emails. (The third faction mechanic has been demonstrated by exploiters who have found ways to escape the Wandering Isle without actually choosing a faction, they can only interact with other Pandas who also escaped for parties etc.)

Still no BOAs, but Blizzard is already working on a different system for them that doesn't rely on mail.
I'm having the same problem with trying to delete a pandaren monk and i don't feel i should have to play it threw when i can delete others jsut fine... i wish they could put something at the login screen where all your characters are and ask you before you delete a character if you are sure you want to delete those items or soemthing because most ppl don't have anything important sent to them jsut the same things you get that you would if you would make another character right after...
12/19/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Zorvera
I'm having the same problem with trying to delete a pandaren monk and i don't feel i should have to play it threw when i can delete others jsut fine... i wish they could put something at the login screen where all your characters are and ask you before you delete a character if you are sure you want to delete those items or soemthing because most ppl don't have anything important sent to them jsut the same things you get that you would if you would make another character right after...

Open a support ticket and request the mail be deleted otherwise level the character high enough until you select a faction then delete the character.

Those are your only two options. In the future bumping a month old topic is not cool.
Unfortunately, Zorvera, you created that character during the 8th Year Anniversary, so the character was sent the anniversary gift like every other character that logged in during that time frame.

It should expire after about 30 days, which is fairly soon, so you should be fine after that. Otherwise, you can submit a ticket and ask for the mail to be deleted, a Game Master may be able to do that for you.