5.1 Razorgore - Orb of Domination bug

Bug Report
•Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Some bosses that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone: •High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple •Viscidus in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj •Razorgore the Untamed in Blackwing Lair

I am currently unable to click on the Orb in order to control Razorgore and killing him simply kills you when he explodes.

Pretty sure this was not intended and was previously a bug with this encounter. Is there a new mechanic to break the eggs and complete this encounter?

I have turned off all addons, I get the golden cog but left and right clicking does nothing.
I have that issue as well. I also couldnt enter BWL without a raid group, despite being on a level 90 character.
Lichreaver, are you Unholy? Did you dismiss your ghoul? The orb doesn't work if you have a pet.
11/28/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Anisadora
I have that issue as well. I also couldnt enter BWL without a raid group, despite being on a level 90 character.

BWL still requires the attunement if you want to enter through via the orb in Blackrock Mountain. You can knockout the attunement in about 15 minutes, or you can enter the instance through Upper Blackrock Spire.

•Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Some bosses that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone: •High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple •Viscidus in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj •Razorgore the Untamed in Blackwing Lair

I am currently unable to click on the Orb in order to control Razorgore and killing him simply kills you when he explodes.

Pretty sure this was not intended and was previously a bug with this encounter. Is there a new mechanic to break the eggs and complete this encounter?

I have turned off all addons, I get the golden cog but left and right clicking does nothing.

Try dismissing your pet, I believe Razorgore counts as a "pet" so you can't have two.
11/28/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Siven

BWL still requires the attunement if you want to enter through via the orb in Blackrock Mountain. You can knockout the attunement in about 15 minutes, or you can enter the instance through Upper Blackrock Spire.

I did go through UBRS, and it still wouldnt let me in without forming a raid group.
11/28/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Kyrthae
Lichreaver, are you Unholy? Did you dismiss your ghoul? The orb doesn't work if you have a pet.

Omg thank you! i couldn't use the orb on my frost mage, and this solves the problem! =D
11/28/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Anisadora

I did go through UBRS, and it still wouldnt let me in without forming a raid group.

You have to be attuned and have to use the attunement orb to enter. MC is behaving the same way now. You must use Lothos to enter MC unless you have a raid group.

Get attuned for BWL, then enter using the orb.
you need to pick up the quest by killing the quartermaster in the corridor outside and looting the item, it isnt as simple as simply running through the other dungeon
Razorgore is easy to solo as a dk and yea you cant kill him till the eggs are gone or room explodes and that is how it always has been.
You have to be attuned and have to use the attunement orb to enter. MC is behaving the same way now. You must use Lothos to enter MC unless you have a raid group.

Get attuned for BWL, then enter using the orb.

I noticed that on MC earlier. My druid wasn't attuned, so I did the attunement quest and then tried to enter MC while I was right by it. There was an invisible wall. :P
I can confirm on my mage and my friend on her hunter couldn't use the orb till we released our pet.
Thanks for the help with this, went through 2 deaths without knowing my pet prevented me from using it.