The Brawler's Guild & Realm Coalescing

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 20 Next
11/28/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Sleinne
The feature is designed to bring a decent population into the guild, and those people should spend at least a modest amount of time as spectators or loiterers before getting into the ring.
Huh? Patch notes said you have to fight on your first time in. Did I misread? Misunderstand? Hotfix?

Nah, you can wander in even without an invite, invites just allow you to queue. But priority IS given to first timers, so all you'll see at this point from spectating is Bruce the Alligator. Forever.
If it is your first time you get bumped to the front but so do all other newcomers. For the rest of us, queues are well over an hour now.
I'm in queue right now and its cross realm. The bouncer's estimate now just says, "Tough to tell. I think you're number thirty in line? Maybe forty? I lost count a while back." When there was only 15-20 people in line, the queues were ranging from 20-40 minutes. I don't even know how long I'm going to be waiting at this point. What's the cutoff for cross realm, because it's obviously too high. No one should be waiting an hour for queue without the ability to do anything else in game. I'm literally logged into a game that I can't play right now because if I move out of this zone to even check an auction, it kicks me out of the queue.
11/28/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Kraken
Huh? Patch notes said you have to fight on your first time in. Did I misread? Misunderstand? Hotfix?

Nah, you can wander in even without an invite, invites just allow you to queue. But priority IS given to first timers, so all you'll see at this point from spectating is Bruce the Alligator. Forever.
Ah, understood. Still, reading these complaints of queues has me chuckling. God jerb dere, Blizz.
11/28/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Shammiwow
At least if this was just your server, people would be more likely to be civil.

Do you just not know about trade chat? Because that's the only possible explanation I can think of.
This is BS blizz.....Like seriously no fair at all. I don't mind waiting a little bit. 25-30 mins at the top but when i have to wait 2-3 hours just to fight someone is ridiculous. Make it where only like 2-3 servers are together.....this is a downfall to the game.

If the place seems overcrowded AND you're seeing people from other realms there, it could be a situation where the population check that determines whether or not to coalesce a realm hasn't run again yet. As I said before, this should stabilize in time and likely automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

How does the CRZ tech reassign people in the queue when they split the area into multiple versions? Do people get kicked out of the queue when they're pushed into a new realm, and have to requeue?

If the place seems overcrowded AND you're seeing people from other realms there, it could be a situation where the population check that determines whether or not to coalesce a realm hasn't run again yet. As I said before, this should stabilize in time and likely automatically disable CRZ for the guild.

How does the CRZ tech reassign people in the queue when they split the area into multiple versions? Do people get kicked out of the queue when they're pushed into a new realm, and have to requeue?

This is actually a really good question. How on earth are the queues supposed to work if different population thresholds move people across different instances of the zone?
11/28/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Limpstick
(i.e. RIP Northrend fishing tournament, server event timers, lag, lag, lag)

Don't forget the random stupid bugs like the skill unlearning /relearning when zoning (thankfully that one was fixed) the utter destruction of functionality of multi-player mounts when crossing zones. And falling to your death when you zone into Wintergrasp because the CRZ can't decide if you should be flying or not upon entering -- opting to dismount you every single time.
I just waited over an hour for a match and finally just logged out. CRZ in the Brawler's Guild is just ridiculous.

Whatever your intentions were for adding CRZ it isn't working when people are waiting over an hour and logging out completely frustrated with the game.
hour and a half que times is not ok
Working as intended!
Yay.. 50 + que time for me.

Definately more than an hour wait.. Thats so working as intended right?
This is Blizz we are talking about,, do you really expect them do what they say or what they actually do to make any sense?
never a good sign when you ask a NPC how many are in front of you, and she tells you at least 50 and then suggests you just come back later if you want to fight anytime in the near future. Yeah...well, at least she was honest.
So, CRZ for the brawlers guild.

In theory this could be a good thing if it was used for the good of the queue. 15 people max so that a wait is only 30 or so minutes. Maybe once a wait gets to over 30 minutes a new zone is formed.

CRZ to fill up the guild and then have the wait last 45 minutes, an hour, two hours is more the Lex Luthor version of CRZ. Used for evil.
Yay.. 50 + que time for me.

Definately more than an hour wait.. Thats so working as intended right?

Same, the place is packed now. Can't wait to see how much more crowded it gets when the first wave of BMAH invites go out.
This is horrible right now with all the new people skipping to the front for Bruce. Over an hour for my 2nd fight...who knows for third.