The Brawler's Guild & Realm Coalescing

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
11/28/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Zarhym
We didn't design the Brawler's Guild with the intention of getting you through queues in 10 minutes or less.
I'm sorry, the use of a negative here is confusing ... could you please clarify? Did you design it with the intention of you to take 10 minutes or more to get through queues?
For some reason they felt they needed to rush CRZ out the door into the game without properly testing it. Now it's hardwired into the system and load and behold it's making a mess.

=/

Had to consolidate servers to save some monies.

Money > Quality of Player Experiences

=/ Indeed, sir.

B= They limited invites so it would be an "Underground Lay Low" kinda thing that only a few people could have access to it at the beginning.

If it is an "underground lay low" kind of thing, why is it anyone can walk into the area and watch the fights without an invite?
11/28/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Thanë
Stop talking to your paying customers like they're morons and trying to cover up everything with loads of BS, start being straight up about what's happening and why. A little respect goes a long way and, while a lot of us still wouldn't be happy with the outcome of having our content screwed up, we might be more likely to have patience in dealing with the company we toss a check to each month for this.

I dont mean this. I LITERALLY went out of my way to pay $50 extra dollars (two transfers) to move to a low populated server because I wanted a calm and very relaxed style of gameplay, having to wait for 1 hour 40 people (some from the server I moved from) to do their turn is NOT ok.
It's highly likely the area will cease to activate CRZ on most realms as participation increases. Having 100+ people in the queue doesn't create a good experience, but, from our perspective, neither does having only a small handful of people.

Count me among the people who disagree, having it limited to 10-15 people on day 1 from CRZ was the feel everyone liked. Log into the game now and there is NO fun being had. I quite enjoyed the closeknit that CRZ presented on the first day. Made some good friends, we cheered eachother and whatnot during our fights. Even offered strats to eachother. Especially when you worked throught the ranks with those people it became the greatest feeling you could have socially in this game in a LONG time for most of the player base. Unfortunately its back to trolling and everyone being a baddie and you know what? I feel the same about it. Amazing to go from 10-15 having a good time to suddenly I became part of the problem because it enrages EVERYONE to that extent. Once those BMAH invites got out it went to hell and the 50-60 people fighting bruce in one constant stream just makes everyone mad to top it off. Sadly you need to take out CRZ and those BMAH invites need to go down to 2 a day tops otherwise I'll never set foot in there again. Which is sad because I enjoyed it in the time I got to spend in it. Made it to rank 7 with a few of the others.
I usually don't express my distaste for changes on the forums, but seeing dozens of people from other realms with a handful of people from my realm isn't what I was expecting when I spent hours camping the rares in Krasarang, and then spent thousands of gold on the BMAH for an invitation.

/shrug
A. Why are the fights not instanced in the first place?

B. What was the goal of the limited invites?

C. Why would you not want players to experience this content?

D. Isn't the reason for the creation of the LFG/LFR tools so casual players could experience the content and progress with the rest of the player population?

C. So why is this a change from that style of game making?

A= Fights are not supposed to be instanced, you want instanced go solo Deadmines. Its an arena with a spectator mode.

B= They limited invites so it would be an "Underground Lay Low" kinda thing that only a few people could have access to it at the beginning.

D= NOT ALL CONTENT IS FOR EVERYONE, there I said it. I dont do PVP, so why should I be able to get 2200 Gladiator Gear I didnt earn?

C= LFR and LFD is WAAAAAAAAAAY different than Brawlers Guild, you dont >>NEED<< to do Brawlers Guild...you want to do it. I dont >>NEED<< 2200 Gladiator Gear...I want gladiator gear. I could earn Gladiator gear but I choose not to, just like you could save up some gold or farm some Rare Spawns for an Invite...but you choose not to.

D= NOT ALL CONTENT IS FOR EVERYONE, there I said it. I dont do PVP, so why should I be able to get 2200 Gladiator Gear I didnt earn? -but you could at any time make a team and try.

C= LFR and LFD is WAAAAAAAAAAY different than Brawlers Guild, you dont >>NEED<< to do Brawlers Guild...you want to do it. I dont >>NEED<< 2200 Gladiator Gear...I want gladiator gear. I could earn Gladiator gear but I choose not to, just like you could save up some gold or farm some Rare Spawns for an Invite...but you choose not to.
-yes LFR and LFD are way different, I dont have to camp a spawn for hours or pay 200k gold for the right to Q.

But thanks for proving my argument.
I think given that you need to stay and spectate (which is very entertaining to start), the expected queue should be a bit shorter. It's certainly swarmed right now, but if the expected queue is going to be 30-40 minutes, that's a bit excessive.
It's important to note that the Brawler's Guild only uses realm coalescing when the number of participants is really low,

1/2 hour wait is a low number of participants??
100 people in the queue on draenor.

This is ludicrous!
Definitely feel a bit misled with all this, and it seems Blizzard has been a bit on the vague side with things as of late.

But then again, they "know what's fun", CRZ.

Welcome to a new era of Lobbycraft!
Nothing like having profanity streamed at you by 30 strangers dropping Smoke Flares and Mind Searing you all at once. Great Idea! (b^.^)b
Its ultimately game players and not the creators that dicate whats "fun". The designers try to make whats fun but when it fails then you have terrible games. This idea was terrible and the players intend to let them know about it. Like I said I really enjoyed the chance to even attempt it because lord knows if I came in with the swarm of people who payed for BMAH invites then one instant bruce and 3 hours later for my next boss and I would have quit. Best part is I was 2nd in line until the BMAH let out, I suddenly became 40th in line and 2 1/2 hours later I was still 15th. Its a flawed system at heart when you compare it to what was promised
11/28/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Jemmy
tight knit, underground kind of feel

lol

'come back tomorrow, orc'
There were some people insulting the players in the ring, and there was a dude !@#$%^-*!@ the losers.

Great experience so far with CRZ.
I am fond of the idea of watching a few matches then playing your own, interacting with the other brawlers, sharing tips and tricks all of that but when you get a que that is longer than 30 mins and get destroyed in the ring it is a real turn off. If i could add a suggestion it would be great if you could phase each rank, have all of the rank 1 brawlers in one phase and the other ranks in their own respective phase. This would mean that you could share tips with people on the same fights as you and reduce the amount of people in the que but with CRZ still have a number of people in your rank phase.
The feature is designed to bring a decent population into the guild, and those people should spend at least a modest amount of time as spectators or loiterers before getting into the ring. We didn't design the Brawler's Guild with the intention of getting you through queues in 10 minutes or less.

You intended long queues?