5.1 - Not so easy old raids...

General Discussion
Post Limit:
1 2 3 5 Next
Well, here is what i notice from the old content with the "nerfs" so people can solo then (normal people, not blood dks or BM hunters)...

Molten Core - Easy since 85
Blackwing Lair - Nice, we can solo the first boss, a little tough but i can do it now
Ahn Quiraj - Can solo the Twin Emperors and the Viscidus just fine... C Thun is still impossible to do...is blizzard going to fix that?
Black Temple - Soloable untill the essences...Essence of Desire still normal.....
Hyjal Summit - 0 nerfs there, death and decay still destroy everything, but i only give it one try
Onyxia Lair - i can do it just fine
Karazhan - Easy Since 85
Naxx - This one is odd, i did the entire Plague Quarter (did loatheb and got the pet) but on military quarter Instructor Razuvious hit me from 30k to 100k and Patchwerk on Construct destroys me too

Well, so far, as a rogue i tried those.....some of then are still pretty hard....is blizzard going to nerf this stuff or no?

What everybody else thinks about this?
There wasnt a "nerf" to old raider. Nor should there ever be.

Its OLD, NON CURRENT, content. Meaning that it shouldnt be looked at again unless there is a clear bug that screws with stuff.

Its OLD, NON CURRENT, content. Meaning that it shouldnt be looked at again unless there is a clear bug that screws with stuff.

I Guess you dont really read stuff

There were a nerf stated by blizzard that would make old content easy to solo (for example its on 5.1 notes the nerfs on the first boss in BWL, and the nerfs on Viscidius and Emperor......)

Untrue. Some of the bosses in the old raids were nerfed to make it easier to solo them. This was announced on the Blizz site.
Hyjal Summit - 0 nerfs there, death and decay still destroy everything, but i only give it one try

Hit the boss, pet tank out of range, easy.

I soloed the 1st 3 bosses back in Cata. Got my rep after that so I was done.

Edit: Sorry, didn't pay attention that you weren't a pet class +)
/sorries

Untrue. Some of the bosses in the old raids were nerfed to make it easier to solo them. This was announced on the Blizz site.

Actually, I thought the intent was to make them easier for small groups, not necessarily solo. Solo viability (i.e. BWL) was just a by-product.
Karazhan - Easy Since 85

That was easy since 80.

Also the nerf didn't apply to ALL old raid content just some. The Military Quarter isn't really soloable at all.

11/30/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Verdash
Actually, I thought the intent was to make them easier for small groups, not necessarily solo. Solo viability (i.e. BWL) was just a by-product.

Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Some bosses that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone:
High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple
Viscidus in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
Razorgore the Untamed in Blackwing Lair
Many, but not all, of the older raid bosses were adjusted (either in their power, or the mechanics of the fight) to make them soloable. Not all of them.

And "soloable" does not mean "faceroll". It means they can be done with a powerful enough 90 and good use of the character's abilities and good gameplay/tactics/handling the fight mechanics.

I know I was able to do Hyjal, but only because I'm a ranged with a pet to get past that part. The other problem was the Pit Lord boss applies an instant kill debuff. I've managed to kill him twice with 1 second left on the debuff before I die.
11/30/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Hyenastep
The Military Quarter isn't really soloable at all.

Yes it is.

Technically the person who carried my level 80 DK and my friend's level 80 Monk through there wasn't solo......he obviously had two baby toons following him through the whole thing. But considering my wet noodle punches didn't count for anything, and considering I got locked out of the door on most fights, I'd say he can claim he soloed it just fine.
Idk about doing kara on 80, i left for wrath of lich king and got back on cata

But Naxx is the most odd i think.....why i can solo the entire Plague Quarter....but i cant get pass the first boss in Military??????
Naxx - This one is odd, i did the entire Plague Quarter (did loatheb and got the pet) but on military quarter Instructor Razuvious hit me from 30k to 100k and Patchwerk on Construct destroys me too

Did them both as mistweaver. Razuvious was a little touch and go, hit hit really hard, but I could keep myself alive while hitting him. Wasn't Patchwerk soloed by a rogue at level 80 though?
Black Temple - Soloable untill the essences...Essence of Desire still normal.....

Nah, you can solo it.
Well... I can at least...
Have about 7 Wild Imps, 2 Felguards, and a Doomguard out at the same time so that I don't get focused by the CC Desire does...
Many, but not all, of the older raid bosses were adjusted (either in their power, or the mechanics of the fight) to make them soloable. Not all of them.

And "soloable" does not mean "faceroll". It means they can be done with a powerful enough 90 and good use of the character's abilities and good gameplay/tactics/handling the fight mechanics.

No one is asking for a faceroll, first boss is BWL i can do now but its still a trick fight

But i find it pretty strange when i can solo one quarter in NAXX and on the other i get hit for over 100k.....
Ahn Quiraj - Can solo the Twin Emperors and the Viscidus just fine... C Thun is still impossible to do...is blizzard going to fix that?

They just hotfixed C'thun. I don't know if it's possible now, but why would they hotfix it if not to make it possible?
Atm Karazhan is not able to be soloed. The chess event is bugged.

He moves his pieces twice as quick now, spams bloodlust and cheats more.
11/30/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Lena

Did them both as mistweaver. Razuvious was a little touch and go, hit hit really hard, but I could keep myself alive while hitting him. Wasn't Patchwerk soloed by a rogue at level 80 though?

idk about that, he was hiting me really fast and hard....i think over 30-40k per hit.....
Could someone tell me what is different about Razorgore? How is he actually ANY easier to solo?

I know he was soloable before, and I know some people did it by bugging out the adds....but how is it different now? I soloed it at 85, but it took me HOURS...I tried doing it yesterday twice with no luck and gave up because I didn't feel like spending hours on the first boss again. I know I CAN solo it, I could before...I just want to know what is different.

It really seems like the exact same solo fight.

I Guess you dont really read stuff

There were a nerf stated by blizzard that would make old content easy to solo (for example its on 5.1 notes the nerfs on the first boss in BWL, and the nerfs on Viscidius and Emperor......)

i guess YOU don't really read stuff

mechanics were changed that used to require more than one person

this is NOT a "nerf"

it's a change in mechanics
Idk about doing kara on 80, i left for wrath of lich king and got back on cata

But Naxx is the most odd i think.....why i can solo the entire Plague Quarter....but i cant get pass the first boss in Military??????

I'd assume because Instructor Razuvious is tanked via the "pet" mobs that you control via the console. I've seen videos on YT of it being solo'd though, but it might be one of those things that's easier for plate classes.