Does blood dps seem lower...

Death Knight
compared to other tanks. I tank with a monk in my 10 man. I know monks are the flavor of the xpac and they do some serious damage. I have also tanked with a war in my guild and he did considerably more damage than I did. Am I doing something wrong or does blood dps seem too low compared to the other tanking classes? You can armory me and see im going stam/mastery and not hit/exp. I tried that build and the numbers were only slightly higher than i get now.
You are using BT which is fine for survivability, but isn't great for DPS (not suggesting you should switch. just pointing that out)

you aren't going for any hit/exp, which is fine for survivability but hurts dps a bit. Both monks and warriors value accuracy stats very highly for survivability, so they are going to have quite an advantage over you here since you don't have any. (also not suggesting you switch, just again pointing it out)

Those are the only things I can see in your armory, though going into logs I found a few other things.

You are sometimes holding onto your CS procs for a while. The sooner you spend that proc the sooner you get a new one, so dont sit on those! There were a few times you didn't use soul reaper as much as you could have. that's a big dps increase. On top of that you didn't using DRW at all on either of the fights i looked at, and that's a significant DPS cooldown when used as a dps cd (as opposed to a survivability CD, which usually involves using it before Army which means not near as much benefit since youre not attacking while channeling army)
when you neglect hit and expertise yes your dps sucks.
I wouldn't say it SUCKS without hit/exp. I still managed quite a few top 50 world parses before I got some accuracy stats. The bigger hindrance was my 463 2h.
12/02/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Reniat
I wouldn't say it SUCKS without hit/exp. I still managed quite a few top 50 world parses before I got some accuracy stats. The bigger hindrance was my 463 2h.

i'm quite competitive and elitist. My threshold for sucks is probably higher than yours.
if im getting top 50 worldwide parses, i'd say im somewhat competetive....
I agree with you on that one and it affects threat big time starts to anniy me bunches in thr veginning ofyjr xoac they qqd so much avout dk dng that the nerf bat was hamnered out now in t14 hof and toes the result low dmg and threat issues lovelu
12/03/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Bloodsaint
I agree with you on that one and it affects threat big time starts to anniy me bunches in thr veginning ofyjr xoac they qqd so much avout dk dng that the nerf bat was hamnered out now in t14 hof and toes the result low dmg and threat issues lovelu

you just gave me cancer
12/02/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Aldmos

i'm quite competitive and elitist. My threshold for sucks is probably higher than yours.

wut

Threat should not come before survivability when tanking unless the extra DPS is crucial. For DKs, Hit/expertise are largely threat stats and as such are expendable. While I personally like being H/E capped, it is definitely not as important to DKs as it is to Warriors, Paladins, or Monks.
One of the things you can do to up your dps as a tank is to cap hit. Hit is far more valuable then expertese.

With rune strike not being affected by Expertese, BB not being affected by Expertese, and DS "healing/bubble" not being affected by a miss, this should be your first thing to look into.

Also for the comments regarding hit/exp being threat tallents and not a priority for DK tanks, this is completely false. Their are two accepted ways to build a blood tank, one being avoidence the other mitigation through mastery "which uses hit/exp". Both are affective, however, the latter will provide the added benifit of increased DPS which is important expecially if your raid is hitting enrage timers.
no i think were fine im top dps in LFR and near top in my 10 man MSV group

wut

Threat should not come before survivability when tanking unless the extra DPS is crucial. For DKs, Hit/expertise are largely threat stats and as such are expendable. While I personally like being H/E capped, it is definitely not as important to DKs as it is to Warriors, Paladins, or Monks.

a random 2% chance to dodge an attack is not survivability it is luck. Consistently getting more runes to use death strike when you actually need it is survivability and it also gives you more DPS. Granted this applies mainly to hit but expertise is very easy to cap as well.

wut

a random 2% chance to dodge an attack is not survivability it is luck. Consistently getting more runes to use death strike when you actually need it is survivability and it also gives you more DPS. Granted this applies mainly to hit but expertise is very easy to cap as well.

I notice you're using Runic Empowerment. Were you aware that said talent also relies on "luck?" Relying on Rune Strike to proc a regenerated rune is relying on RNG, just as much as relying on passive mitigation.

Besides, if a 2% chance to mitigate damage isn't survivability, I guess that means you don't use any kind of Parry/Dodge trinkets and you don't use DRW. Boy I'd hate to be your healer.