Question for Resto Druids on PVP Servers

Druid
When questing, do you:

1. Quest as feral, knowing if someone wants to gank you, you are easy pickings since your feral gear isn't as good as your resto set; or

2. Quest as resto, take 3x the time in killing, and knowing if someone ganks you, you can heal yourself until you run out of mana, after which point you are easy pickings; or

3. Neither; resto druids are awesome at 1v1, you just need to know what you are doing.
Feral, just shadowmeld then flight form away!
When I leveled this guy I ran instances as Resto and Quested as Balance. The interchangeable gear pieces really helped out with that. I know some people that went Resto/Feral or Resto/Guardian and they complained about bag space especially if they had a gathering profession.
12/04/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Dreaux
When I leveled this guy I ran instances as Resto and Quested as Balance. The interchangeable gear pieces really helped out with that. I know some people that went Resto/Feral or Resto/Guardian and they complained about bag space especially if they had a gathering profession.

Good tip on the flight form above.

Is balance a good levelling spec? It seemed like I was getting better burst from feral but I was probably doing balance wrong.
12/04/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Dalton

Is balance a good levelling spec? It seemed like I was getting better burst from feral but I was probably doing balance wrong.

I created this Druid towards the end of Vanilla and the first time that I ever specced into Balance was about 3 months before MOP. I picked it up pretty quick and most of the time stuff dies pretty quick while leveling. Be careful while using Starfall in a crowded cross-faction area. It is like an AOE PVP Taunt but if you are in the mood, taunt away.
12/04/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Ickoo

No Flight Form in Panadaville while leveling/questing. I can't tell you how many NE's I saw that would Shadowmeld and just stand there. I like to imagine a "WTF!" was screamed at their monitor.
12/04/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Dalton

I leveled balance/resto. The gear at lower levels isn't very well itemized, but you can wear cloth before you get your armor talent. Balance probably isn't quite as strong as feral, but it's solid.

The problem is, balance isn't all that strong in pvp particularly at lower levels. So for your pvp server, it's certainly better than resto in that regard, but probably not as strong as feral. But at least you have your best gear on.
85-90 I leveled Guardian. I killed mobs slowly 1v1 but if I was able to pull multiple quest mobs at a time I would get vengeance which helped me kill more quickly.

Most importantly -- Nobody tries to gank a tank. You have enough survival cooldowns to outlive the nastiest burst and then fight back or shadowmeld>flightform if applicable. The only people that will be able to kill you are bored 90s who will one shot you regardless of your spec.
Thanks for the tips. I'll try a few different specs to see what works.
I leveled as feral and resto. I healed dungeons and quested as feral. It really wasn't that bad on bag space. Of course I have 20 slot bags so i have 96 bag slots total. Always just went to a vendor to repair and sell off the stuff I didn't need around once every hour or so.
12/04/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Dreaux

No Flight Form in Panadaville while leveling/questing. I can't tell you how many NE's I saw that would Shadowmeld and just stand there. I like to imagine a "WTF!" was screamed at their monitor.

they dumb you still can SF then prowl
4. Quest as boomkin which use virtually all of the same stats.
I quest as resto catand dungeon as resto. I don't have the utilities of feral but if def does not take 3x longer to kill. For a heal spec resto cat is fast questing, and unless you are quite out leveled you also have the most survivability against those horde that get feisty thinking you're feral. I tried balance, the casting just felt to slow to me, but that was in the 30s.
Balance offspec. Still easy pickings ttho
I ground out both specs PvP gear and quest as feral. However, if I'm going to a highly populated gank zone (i.e. Netherstorm for old PvP gear for transmog), I'll go as resto. This way, no one can kill me and my Alliance allies typically jump in and help. Either way, the only thing that will help you during a gank where they likely get the burst opener is at least full Dreaful gear. As resto, they really can't kill you, so just go towards other's or kite their asses and shadowmeld.
Im playing feral this season. Most likely next season i'll go resto but I quest as feral. People really dont mess with you because feral burst can be pretty devastating.